Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 94

Thread: Life on the Sun

  1. #1
    Duchess of Adventures xvunderx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,614

    Life on the Sun

    It's bloody hot today (at least it is here) so of course today is the 1 day that has to be spent lugging heavy bolts of fabric around the house. Looks like I'll actually be turning to iced tea over regular hot tea today.

    How are you guys doing with it all?

  2. #2
    http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by xvunderx View Post
    It's bloody hot today (at least it is here) so of course today is the 1 day that has to be spent lugging heavy bolts of fabric around the house. Looks like I'll actually be turning to iced tea over regular hot tea today.

    How are you guys doing with it all?
    i'm good and awesome
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

  3. #3
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    i'm good and awesome
    whatever it's winter time for you.

  4. #4
    Token Canadian mouseman004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pickering/Waterloo, Ontario (Canada)
    Posts
    2,363
    Quote Originally Posted by xvunderx View Post
    It's bloody hot today (at least it is here) so of course today is the 1 day that has to be spent lugging heavy bolts of fabric around the house. Looks like I'll actually be turning to iced tea over regular hot tea today.

    How are you guys doing with it all?
    It is days like today I am glad I work in an air conditioned office. Although I have to wear a shirt and tie to work every day, and I have tattoos all over my arms so I have to wear long sleeves and I can't roll them up, which is unfortunate when it is 33 degrees.
    Later Days

  5. #5
    Taxi Driver Lifestyle_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,190
    it's hot and rainy/humid here, what irritates me. also, the dreadlocks don't do any good.
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

    visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

  6. #6
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifestyle_X View Post
    it's hot and rainy/humid here, what irritates me. also, the dreadlocks don't do any good.
    get a haircut, hippie.

  7. #7
    Taxi Driver Lifestyle_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,190
    I kinda was waiting for that one to come!
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

    visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

  8. #8
    Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,561
    Yeah, I could see that coming as well. I guess it gets very predictable with passing years.

    Anyway, Viv to answer your question, I can endure heat quite well, it doesn't bother me all that much. Cold seems to have capability to hit me way more harder than heat. So, I spend most of the days in an office with air conditioning, and I have to actually wear a sweatshirt to avoid freezing to death (no joking).

    Air conditioning is shit, though. We need to start building homes and offices with principles that harness physics and learn to cool our rooms in a somewhat more natural way: thermal mass + convection = it's where it's at.

  9. #9
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by xCrucialDudex View Post
    Yeah, I could see that coming as well. I guess it gets very predictable with passing years.

    Anyway, Viv to answer your question, I can endure heat quite well, it doesn't bother me all that much. Cold seems to have capability to hit me way more harder than heat. So, I spend most of the days in an office with air conditioning, and I have to actually wear a sweatshirt to avoid freezing to death (no joking).

    Air conditioning is shit, though. We need to start building homes and offices with principles that harness physics and learn to cool our rooms in a somewhat more natural way: thermal mass + convection = it's where it's at.
    says the dude that lives in the ukraine where it doesn't really get hot.

  10. #10
    Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,561
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    says the dude that lives in the ukraine where it doesn't really get hot.
    Says the dude that lives in US and never been to Ukraine

  11. #11
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by xCrucialDudex View Post
    Says the dude that lives in US and never been to Ukraine
    climate data's available though, so I don't get your point?

  12. #12
    Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,561
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    climate data's available though, so I don't get your point?
    +35C/+40C is hot by any definition, so I don't really get your point?

  13. #13
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by xCrucialDudex View Post
    +35C/+40C is hot by any definition, so I don't really get your point?
    your statement about how you can handle heat well is laughable because you live in a place that doesn't get and stay hot so you kinda can't say that.

  14. #14
    Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,561
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    your statement about how you can handle heat well is laughable because you live in a place that doesn't get and stay hot so you kinda can't say that.
    What is really laughable is your definition of "a place that doesn't get and stay hot" which, if translated to comparison of raw climate data between my city and Washington, D.C. means roughly +3C/+4C degrees difference for summer months.

  15. #15
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by xCrucialDudex View Post
    What is really laughable is your definition of "a place that doesn't get and stay hot" which, if translated to comparison of raw climate data between my city and Washington, D.C. means roughly +3C/+4C degrees difference for summer months.
    31 celsius (88.5 f) is the average high in july. most days are in the 90s for the last few years. the difference between 31 and 35 c is a shitload, just like the difference between 31 and 27 is. one is comfortable, one is hot. Sorry you live in a place that's nicer than where I live in the summer?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •