Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Life on the Sun

Life on the Sun

It's bloody hot today (at least it is here) so of course today is the 1 day that has to be spent lugging heavy bolts of fabric around the house. Looks like I'll actually be turning to iced tea over regular hot tea today.

How are you guys doing with it all?

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xvunderx View Post
    It's bloody hot today (at least it is here) so of course today is the 1 day that has to be spent lugging heavy bolts of fabric around the house. Looks like I'll actually be turning to iced tea over regular hot tea today.

i'm good and awesome
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    i'm good and awesome
    whatever it's winter time for you.

Quote Originally Posted by xvunderx View Post

It is days like today I am glad I work in an air conditioned office. Although I have to wear a shirt and tie to work every day, and I have tattoos all over my arms so I have to wear long sleeves and I can't roll them up, which is unfortunate when it is 33 degrees.
    Later Days

it's hot and rainy/humid here, what irritates me. also, the dreadlocks don't do any good.
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestyle_X View Post
    it's hot and rainy/humid here, what irritates me. also, the dreadlocks don't do any good.
    get a haircut, hippie.

I kinda was waiting for that one to come!
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar
    Yeah, I could see that coming as well. I guess it gets very predictable with passing years.

Anyway, Viv to answer your question, I can endure heat quite well, it doesn't bother me all that much. Cold seems to have capability to hit me way more harder than heat. So, I spend most of the days in an office with air conditioning, and I have to actually wear a sweatshirt to avoid freezing to death (no joking).

Air conditioning is shit, though. We need to start building homes and offices with principles that harness physics and learn to cool our rooms in a somewhat more natural way: thermal mass + convection = it's where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by xCrucialDudex View Post
    Yeah, I could see that coming as well. I guess it gets very predictable with passing years.

Anyway, Viv to answer your question, I can endure heat quite well, it doesn't bother me all that much. Cold seems to have capability to hit me way more harder than heat. So, I spend most of the days in an office with air conditioning, and I have to actually wear a sweatshirt to avoid freezing to death (no joking).

Air conditioning is shit, though. We need to start building homes and offices with principles that harness physics and learn to cool our rooms in a somewhat more natural way: thermal mass + convection = it's where it's at.
    says the dude that lives in the ukraine where it doesn't really get hot.

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    says the dude that lives in the ukraine where it doesn't really get hot.
    Says the dude that lives in US and never been to Ukraine

Says the dude that lives in US and never been to Ukraine
    climate data's available though, so I don't get your point?

climate data's available though, so I don't get your point?
    +35C/+40C is hot by any definition, so I don't really get your point?

+35C/+40C is hot by any definition, so I don't really get your point?
    your statement about how you can handle heat well is laughable because you live in a place that doesn't get and stay hot so you kinda can't say that.

your statement about how you can handle heat well is laughable because you live in a place that doesn't get and stay hot so you kinda can't say that.
    What is really laughable is your definition of "a place that doesn't get and stay hot" which, if translated to comparison of raw climate data between my city and Washington, D.C. means roughly +3C/+4C degrees difference for summer months.

What is really laughable is your definition of "a place that doesn't get and stay hot" which, if translated to comparison of raw climate data between my city and Washington, D.C. means roughly +3C/+4C degrees difference for summer months.
    31 celsius (88.5 f) is the average high in july. most days are in the 90s for the last few years. the difference between 31 and 35 c is a shitload, just like the difference between 31 and 27 is. one is comfortable, one is hot. Sorry you live in a place that's nicer than where I live in the summer?

Thread Information