Thread: Bible and Straight Edge

Bible and Straight Edge

Im not a christian (im not good enough to be one! haha)
    but i found something really interesting in the Bible which is pretty much the same as sXe

"Everything is permissible for me—but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me—but I will not be mastered by anything" (1 Corinthians 6:12)

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body" (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)

spineless and mindless. you flex your muscles and not your fucking head
    a deep man with a strong point made without one thoughtful word said?
    "huff and puff", the fierce fists will do the talking
    cant speak for yourself so your "crew"'s with you walking
    tell me whats worth fighting for...
    and it better be something greater than an evening of the score

boy, your true strength sleeps behind your eyes!
    I WALK FEARLESS COZ I'M ARMED WITH A MIND!

Quote Originally Posted by xmichaelxlilunx View Post
    Im not a christian (im not good enough to be one! haha)
    but i found something really interesting in the Bible which is pretty much the same as sXe

"Everything is permissible for me—but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me—but I will not be mastered by anything" (1 Corinthians 6:12)

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body" (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
    the bible is a crazy book though. Passages have to be looked at within context. the first one for instance was talking sexual morality, not sobriety. the second is contradicted by other texts where god gives people alcohol.

When did God give people alcohol.. it does mention some people who get drunk yes, but shown in a negative light, condemned you could say.

There is wine but it's what you call grape juice these days, not modern wine. Also, alcohol is not mentioned, the word isn't in the bible.

i'd say anything that can affect you in a bad way should be totally avoided.

Hardcore is passion, enthusiasm and a good way to express yourself, values, beliefs and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by optimismdefeats View Post
    When did God give people alcohol.. it does mention some people who get drunk yes, but shown in a negative light, condemned you could say.

There is wine but it's what you call grape juice these days, not modern wine. Also, alcohol is not mentioned, the word isn't in the bible.

i'd say anything that can affect you in a bad way should be totally avoided.

Hardcore is passion, enthusiasm and a good way to express yourself, values, beliefs and so on.
    the wedding at cana and the last supper, as examples. There was no condemnation of the drunken behavior at the wedding and in fact jesus supplied alcohol to people who were already drunk.

No, what they called wine then, is wine today. There really isn't historical reason to believe that it was some non alcoholic version. Most historians and theologians accept that when wine is mentioned in the bible, they weren't talking about grape juice.

Thread Information