Thread: Hello

Hello

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm a 27 year old Englishman living in Melbourne until June. I've been Straight Edge all my life but only found out about the concept of SE a few years ago (from seeing CM Punk on the wrestling), turns out I was following the principles without even knowing about it! Since reading some background things, I feel really comfortable with it, there were times when I thought I was the only one!

Although I respect the origins of the movement through punk music, I can't say that I'm particularly a fan of it. Personally I can't see that should stop me from being SE though, hope I'm right!

As you can guess from my username, I'm a stand-up comedian and call myself the "Straight Edge Stand-Up" along with wearing the Xs on my hands at my gigs.

I've joined this forum to perhaps meet some more Edgers, there were a couple of people where I last worked in the UK who were, and that was quite cool.

Laters guys
    Last edited by StraightEdgeStand-up; 03-04-2010 at 07:32 PM.
    The thing about being a Straight Edge comedian is that you have less room to write your jokes on your hand

this is interesting... i feel like this was posted just for controversy because of some of the topics that have been discussed lately... BUT that's just a hypothesis.
    My support has no conditions, I will always have your back.

I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about. Could you enlighten me please?
    The thing about being a Straight Edge comedian is that you have less room to write your jokes on your hand

My support has no conditions, I will always have your back.

How can you be edge all your life if you only knew about it a few years ago ?
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestyle_X View Post
    How can you be edge all your life if you only knew about it a few years ago ?
    Very easily. The way I have chosen to behave all my life fits in with Straight Edge. I discovered the concept of Straight Edge a few years ago and found that it matched the way I have always behaved.

Otherwise one could argue that a person is not heterosexual for their whole life, but from the time they reach puberty

Quote Originally Posted by StraightEdgeStand-up View Post
    Very easily. The way I have chosen to behave all my life fits in with Straight Edge. I discovered the concept of Straight Edge a few years ago and found that it matched the way I have always behaved.

Otherwise one could argue that a person is not heterosexual for their whole life, but from the time they reach puberty
    The heterosexual thing is not the same as the straight edge thing. And besides, why 'till they reach puberty.. ?
    It's not because you've lived like that your whole life that you are edge your whole life.. it doesn't work like that.
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Z-spot Gaming community

A) Please read what I actually wrote, I did not say "until puberty" but "from when the reach puberty" ie. the time that you take a sexual interest in people, hence be in a position to choose.

B) I really can't believe that you want to have an argument about "who has been Staright Edge longer." Is it my fault that I'd never heard of it until I saw it a few years ago? No. But does the fact that I chose to behave in the ways of Straight Edge before I knew it was called Staright Edge make me Straight Edge? Yes. There are children who think they can't read properly until they are diagnosed with dyslexia, they have still been dyslexic all their life.

A) Please read what I actually wrote, I did not say "until puberty" but "from when the reach puberty" ie. the time that you take a sexual interest in people, hence be in a position to choose.

B) I really can't believe that you want to have an argument about "who has been Staright Edge longer." Is it my fault that I'd never heard of it until I saw it a few years ago? No. But does the fact that I chose to behave in the ways of Straight Edge before I knew it was called Staright Edge make me Straight Edge? Yes. There are children who think they can't read properly until they are diagnosed with dyslexia, they have still been dyslexic all their life.
    A) I don't want to be an ass, but it's not always in puberty that people take sexual interests in other people. But OK, I get it.

B) I don't want to have an argument about who has been edge longer. And no it's not your fault that you never heard of it 'till a few years ago. And no it doesn't make you edge. You can't claim to be edge your whole life, because it's impossible. I think your kinda missing something, it's not a good comparison with sexual preference and dyslexia..

A while ago, this site had a normal web-page before you entered the forum. It's gone, too bad or I'd linked you. It had some good paragraphs about what straight edge was and so on. Maybe this, http://sxe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3154&page=2

Z-spot Gaming community

straight edge isn't a concept, it's a lifestyle/movement/subculture. The music is a huge part of that lifestyle, so it's hard to say that it's how you've always behaved before you knew what it was.

Thread Information