Thread: Mob

Mob

I have recently been writing a report for uni that has been largely focussed on the impact and power of social networking, i have re written a lot of it to encompass the latest events that happened recently in London and other parts of the UK. During my research i have been looking at this video and the events it takes influence from and i thought some people here may enjoy it so here it is:

http://vimeo.com/10060159
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    I have recently been writing a report for uni that has been largely focussed on the impact and power of social networking, i have re written a lot of it to encompass the latest events that happened recently in London and other parts of the UK. During my research i have been looking at this video and the events it takes influence from and i thought some people here may enjoy it so here it is:

http://vimeo.com/10060159
    that was interesting. It is amazing how easy it is now to connect and mobilize people.

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    that was interesting. It is amazing how easy it is now to connect and mobilize people.
    Its been a lot of fun to research this and eye opening too.

Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar
    and the best part it's hard to control for a single entity

What a fascinating video, it's kinda scary how plausible it is.

Quote Originally Posted by xvunderx View Post
    What a fascinating video, it's kinda scary how plausible it is.
    I found that too, it was very odd to be answering the questions and studying it with the london riots happening too. Made it that little bit scarrier!

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    I found that too, it was very odd to be answering the questions and studying it with the london riots happening too. Made it that little bit scarrier!
    I can imagine it would! For me after one having a pretty high profile online in certain sectors, and having been 4chaned a good few times I'd been kind paranoid about (smaller) things like that happening in the past.

So many people put so much of themselves on the web, it's kind of mind boggling to think of the ways it can be put together and the kind of things people can do with it in the real world as well as online.

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    I can imagine it would! For me after one having a pretty high profile online in certain sectors, and having been 4chaned a good few times I'd been kind paranoid about (smaller) things like that happening in the past.

So many people put so much of themselves on the web, it's kind of mind boggling to think of the ways it can be put together and the kind of things people can do with it in the real world as well as online.
    how were you 4channed?
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    how were you 4channed?
    Lolitas, I used to (may still) end up on there all the time. The best quote I ever read about myself came from there "Vivien is a different kind of bitch, the kind that looks down on people who are mean to other girls and believes fashion has no rules..."

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Lolitas, I used to (may still) end up on there all the time. The best quote I ever read about myself came from there "Vivien is a different kind of bitch, the kind that looks down on people who are mean to other girls and believes fashion has no rules..."
    you do that? woah, you're a meanie.
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    you do that? woah, you're a meanie.
    I know, I guess mean people just find my lack of support for meanness mean (huh, I guess that does make me a meanie to mean people!)

I'm just now catching up on my online social interactions. Wow! What an interesting video and if it's used for more purposeful political action...it would be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaRant View Post
    I'm just now catching up on my online social interactions. Wow! What an interesting video and if it's used for more purposeful political action...it would be amazing!
    What sort of political action do you mean?

Thread Information