Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Bands?

Some Bands?

Hey, my name is Skyler. I was just wondering what sXe bands were out there. I only know of a few like.... Throwdown is one of em'. I like them a lot, so stuff like them.

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XalcoholsucksX View Post
    Hey, my name is Skyler. I was just wondering what sXe bands were out there. I only know of a few like.... Throwdown is one of em'. I like them a lot, so stuff like them.
    hello there, welcome!

you can check a master list by clicking on this link http://sxe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389

there are tons of bands there, i'm sure you'll find something you like
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

*DYS
    *Government Issue
    *Teen Idles
    *Minor Threat
    *Gorilla Biscuits
    *Youth Brigade (DC)

Those are some important ones

Didn't the lead singer of minor threat sell out and do cocaine? I'm not looking for old hardcore straight edge bands like that... Like throwdown. Didn't I say that? Ya know? Metalcore kinda stuff.

Didn't the lead singer of minor threat sell out and do cocaine? I'm not looking for old hardcore straight edge bands like that... Like throwdown. Didn't I say that? Ya know? Metalcore kinda stuff.
    where did you read that?

even the worst old hardcore band beats anything throwdown has ever done.

linsee
    There aren't going to be a lot of metalcore straight edge bands.

In my opinion Throwdown is ridiculously terrible.

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Man oh man.......
    I'm a person just like you
    but I like to fuck some shoes
    On the sofa or in my bed
    It's better than getting head
    Tie the laces on my schlong
    'cos of a nike air max it's standing strong
    I'll even hump it till i bleed
    normal sex life i don't need

if you want decent "metal core" listen to Arkangel, preferably the album "Hope You Die By Overdose" and their EP "Prayers Upon Deaf Ears". Also check out Undying, preferably the album "At History's End". They aren't all straight edge (i think they are 3/4) but they are all vegan and one of my all time favorite bands.

Also the first two Hatebreed releases, "Under The Knife" and "Satisfaction Is The Death of Desire" are good and make it seem like they were at one time straight edge and possibly vegan? I'm not sure, and me liking them is not a popular opinion, but oh well.

EDIT: Also check out anything Prayer For Cleansing did. great Vegan Straight Edge metal/hardcore..
    It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us. Only us.

I had a friend that's been edge for about 7 years tell me so. Is that not a true statement?

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    where did you read that?

even the worst old hardcore band beats anything throwdown has ever done.
    I'm just not a fan of thrash... Like all the old stuff like Minor Threat is just random noise to me. I honesty don't even like the original straight song by Minor Threat... I can't understand anything he says. That's just my opinion though. I don't mean any disrespect towards anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by xGriffox View Post
    if you want decent "metal core" listen to Arkangel, preferably the album "Hope You Die By Overdose" and their EP "Prayers Upon Deaf Ears". Also check out Undying, preferably the album "At History's End". They aren't all straight edge (i think they are 3/4) but they are all vegan and one of my all time favorite bands.

Also the first two Hatebreed releases, "Under The Knife" and "Satisfaction Is The Death of Desire" are good and make it seem like they were at one time straight edge and possibly vegan? I'm not sure, and me liking them is not a popular opinion, but oh well.

EDIT: Also check out anything Prayer For Cleansing did. great Vegan Straight Edge metal/hardcore..
    Thank you!!! You are like my savior! I do listen to hatebreed, they were sxe. I'll have to look up those other 3! Have you ever heard of Too Pure To Die? They're a good sxe band.

linsee
    Have you ever heard of Too Pure To Die? They're a good sxe band.
    They are also the most sexist, homophobic, not to mention musically and lyrically terrible band.

Check out the bands Griffo gave you. I like Prayer for Cleansing a lot, an I listened to Undying constantly when I was younger.

well i can give you a list of metalcore/deathcore that you might like.
    but their not sxe

Quote Originally Posted by linsee View Post
    There aren't going to be a lot of metalcore straight edge bands.

In my opinion Throwdown is ridiculously terrible.
    thank you. filled a void lol
    im like the only one around here that feels the same.
    everyone just looked at my like i didnt know what was up.
    but yes agreed.
    terrible

Quote Originally Posted by linsee View Post
    They are also the most sexist, homophobic, not to mention musically and lyrically terrible band.

Check out the bands Griffo gave you. I like Prayer for Cleansing a lot, an I listened to Undying constantly when I was younger.
    Alright, first of all, Didn't your mother ever tell you that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it? Where the hell do you think you're coming from telling me they suck? That's my damn opinion to whether or not they're good. Not a statement. Get some damn manners and then write me back.

Thread Information