Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sxe appearance

sxe appearance

i occasionally mark my hands with x and sport wristbands in moshpits. i've worn studs & spikes, had 6 piercings (ears & cartilage, eyebrow, tongue & tongue flap; no more flap or cartilage tho.) i'm designing a tattoo which i hope to get soon on my forearm. for the most part i dress in whatever i want. rather normal/average dresscode: polo shirt, khakis or jeans, casual shoes... other would be conforming to look sxe. i know i'm x i don't need to portray stereotype x to onlookers (besides my piercings.) either way, judge not.

in realizing today as a new age when times change, even for hardcore...

how many of you follow sxe standards with 'x's on hands, tats, wrist bands, studs & spikes, shades of black etc.?
    hed

I don't even know what would constitue an sxe look. I wear the odd band shirt etc, but for the most pat I don't even think about it, I just wear what i want. If that a frilly pink dress, it's a frilly pink dress. I don't think there is any need to get all caught up in apperences.

you're only old once... flame_still_burns's Avatar
    i wear either a pair of brown corduroy's or jeans that fit.

maybe a white t-shirt, maybe a dickies button up, maybe a band shirt.

if it's cold a blue gas station jacket with a judge pin on it, or a black champion zip up hoodie.

converse jack purcell's- black.

an x swatch.

i have three x's tattooed on my left wrist.

i have earth crisis tattooed on my face(a joke from an earlier thread)

with the exception of the x stuff i don't think i adhere to much of an edge look.
    all there is- is in the knowing, that this never has to end.

Originally posted by flame_still_burns
    i wear either a pair of brown corduroy's or jeans that fit.

maybe a white t-shirt, maybe a dickies button up, maybe a band shirt.

if it's cold a blue gas station jacket with a judge pin on it, or a black champion zip up hoodie.

converse jack purcell's- black.

an x swatch.

i have three x's tattooed on my left wrist.

i have earth crisis tattooed on my face(a joke from an earlier thread)

with the exception of the x stuff i don't think i adhere to much of an edge look.
    ouch it hurts when i laugh.

for me its always function over fashion.

No peircings, people pull them out, in fact i saw someone at a martial arts seminar once who was getting all 'feisty' with someone explaining kung fu, he was a real big guy and was adamant that this small kung fu guy couldn't do anything. He was getting pretty annoying so this kung fu guy just ripped his nose ring out and the big guy didn't seem to interested anymore.

i have 3 x's tattooed on my leg. I never wear sweat bands, studs, spikes or any of that. I rarely x up at shows nowadays. I just wear comfortable stuff that doesn't restrict me.

linsee
    i wear what i want to wear regardless. but my wardrobe consists mostly of jeans and band tshirts and sauconys or converse. i dont wear spikes or anything like that. i have stretched ears and rook, tragus, tongue, and labret piercings. 3 tattoos, none are "edge".

how are spikes and studs considered edge? or anything you mentioned aside from actually X ing up?

Originally posted by straightXed
    ouch it hurts when i laugh.

for me its always function over fashion.

I just wear comfortable stuff that doesn't restrict me.
    I wish I could say the same, but for some reason i just feel the need to dress like a big tard. I feel drawn to stupid shoes like these huge 5 inch high mary janes, and feel the need to put onthe most impractical clothes and jewelry. I get told I look like a raver or something.

I used to love playing dress up when i was a little kid, then I got old enough that no one could tell me no, and now i just play dress up every day!

I'm getting better though! I'm breaking my make up addiction.

I just swing from super tomboy, to uber girly fashion wreck. I think it working in fashion (which I guess I do now) is what has made things so bad.

spikes and studs...

maybe not edge per se, but punk nonetheless which is associated. a lot of edgers accumulate piercings, tats, and stuff. my piercings aren't with an edge basis either; just my style. a relection of who i am. and i am x!
    hed

Originally posted by devilhoused
    spikes and studs...

maybe not edge per se, but punk nonetheless which is associated. a lot of edgers accumulate piercings, tats, and stuff. my piercings aren't with an edge basis either; just my style. a relection of who i am. and i am x!
    yeah but edge isn't punk.

linsee
    Originally posted by xvunderx
    I wish I could say the same, but for some reason i just feel the need to dress like a big tard. I feel drawn to stupid shoes like these huge 5 inch high mary janes, and feel the need to put onthe most impractical clothes and jewelry. I get told I look like a raver or something.

I used to love playing dress up when i was a little kid, then I got old enough that no one could tell me no, and now i just play dress up every day!

I just swing from super tomboy, to uber girly fashion wreck. I think it working in fashion (which I guess I do now) is what has made things so bad.
    i think you dress how i want to dress if i had money for a new wardrobe. i love shoes like that but i dont dress up so there's no point in buying them. instead i own sooo many pairs of sneakers instead of dress shoes.

i think its cool to dress like "a big tard" but its just not how i feel comfortable, i asume how you dress is comfortable to you and in that sense we dress the same, i'm not immune to fashion i was all about skate fashion in the early 90's it kinda makes me cringe now but i still think it's cool:)

Originally posted by linsee
    i think you dress how i want to dress if i had money for a new wardrobe. i love shoes like that but i dont dress up so there's no point in buying them. instead i own sooo many pairs of sneakers instead of dress shoes.
    sneakers rule

Originally posted by linsee
    Most my stuff is pretty cheap, or home made.

I'm getting to the point where I have a load of sneakers, but I still love by beat up old pair of Osiris.

Originally posted by straightXed
    i think its cool to dress like "a big tard" but its just not how i feel comfortable, i asume how you dress is comfortable to you and in that sense we dress the same, i'm not immune to fashion i was all about skate fashion in the early 90's it kinda makes me cringe now but i still think it's cool:)
    This is very true. I have some past moments where I cringe at the thought of what I used to wear. And I can;t even hide behind the it was cool at the time excuse, cos it wasn't it, was stupid then and embarasing now!

yeah but edge isn't punk.
    like i said, they've become associated. ive seen many edge tats as well.

btw, i love my polo shirts, polo jeans, and polo shoes. im way into style i suppose. have too many pairs of shoes and clothes for the average male. i tend to be considered well above average (narcissistic even!) i don't really look edge right off or punk for that matter (anymore) but it helps that i know that i am :)

i consider my piercings, x's, and such my ball and chain. (even if piercings aren't edge right off; just style points and i'll take em.) keeps me grounded.
    hed

Originally posted by devilhoused
    like i said, they've become associated. ive seen many edge tats as well.

btw, i love my polo shirts, polo jeans, and polo shoes. im way into style i suppose. have too many pairs of shoes and clothes for the average male. i tend to be considered well above average (narcissistic even!) i don't really look edge right off or punk for that matter (anymore) but it helps that i know that i am :)

i consider my piercings, x's, and such my ball and chain. (even if piercings aren't edge right off; just style points and i'll take em.) keeps me grounded.
    i think fashion aspects associated with edge are very different from those that are associated with punk.

I think its slightly odd that you consider those things your ball and chain, its like its keeping you from something else.

Thread Information