Thread: Volunteers Needed For Straight Edge Art

Volunteers Needed For Straight Edge Art

Hi everyone, I'm new on the forums here. I am a 21 yr old straight edge girl going to art school in boston.

I am working on a street art project taking faces of people who are living sober/ straight edge and putting posters of their faces (as well as name, age, occupation and how long they've been substance free) around the city. The goal is to give younger kids more sober role models.

I have made posters of well known people such as Ian Mackaye, Christina Ricci, Tyler the creator, Franz Kafka and Davey Havok (obviously not just straight edge people. I'm including people who are outspoken against drugs and alcohol)

Now, I want to include more average folks, like us, so who wants a 24x36 poster of their face pasted up on a wall in boston?

I am also working on a website that will be listed bellow each of the posters, so that people can learn more information on each person featured. The website will also include links to article on binge drinking, drug abuse, information on ways to live drug/alcohol free and info on straight edge as a lifestyle.

I really hope to get some of you guys involved in this project, I'm so excited about it!

-lizzie

Do you have any examples of what you've already done?

Thread Information