Thread: Medical "legal" marijuana + driving... controlled experiment by CNN

Question Medical "legal" marijuana + driving... controlled experiment by CNN

Not sure if this should be in the Politics section, I figured this section gets more traffic and I'm really curious as to other's opinion's on this one.

http://nj1015.com/watch-three-people...-skills-video/

The argument to legalize marijuana has been made countless times in New Jersey. Many more seem to be for legalization than against, but the biggest point from non-supporters seems to always be driving-related.

A lot of people don’t want to share the road with stoned drivers, regardless of how many times a regular pot-smoker will call in to the show and claim that “being high doesn’t effect your driving.” Deminski & Doyle have gone back and forth on that point countless times.

Now, CNN has helped give some insight into how much pot is too much pot if you want to go out for a joyride immediately after you smoke. You’ll see three people of different ages smoking marijuana, gradually getting more and more stoned. On a closed course, they put their driving skills to the test. See how marijuana effects their driving after smoking over a gram.

With this hot topic going on right now, I'd like to hear what other's in the edge community think about it. Are you for, against, don't care or something else regarding this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo2424 View Post
    Not sure if this should be in the Politics section, I figured this section gets more traffic and I'm really curious as to other's opinion's on this one.

http://nj1015.com/watch-three-people...-skills-video/

With this hot topic going on right now, I'd like to hear what other's in the edge community think about it. Are you for, against, don't care or something else regarding this issue?
    Is there really much of a discussion to be had here? I am against people driving motor vehicles when impaired be it from substance abuse, legal medication or anything else.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    Is there really much of a discussion to be had here? I am against people driving motor vehicles when impaired be it from substance abuse, legal medication or anything else.
    Yeah I don't think you'd find many people who think impaired driving is a good idea regardless of the substance.

I agree with both of you, but I find it interesting that there even is a "legal limit" people are allowed to be within and legally operate a motor vehicle. And I'm sure there are a good amount of people who will argue that this "legal limit" is too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo2424 View Post
    I agree with both of you, but I find it interesting that there even is a "legal limit" people are allowed to be within and legally operate a motor vehicle. And I'm sure there are a good amount of people who will argue that this "legal limit" is too low.
    I think the interesting question and side effect of all of this is how they'll determine the limit, how they'll test it. It's easy now, any amount is enough to arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    I think the interesting question and side effect of all of this is how they'll determine the limit, how they'll test it. It's easy now, any amount is enough to arrest.
    Good point, I guess they'll do whatever they did with Alcohol to come up with its' %0.08 limit, the same procedure maybe for marijuana? Just a different rating of course, not blood alcohol level.

Thread Information