Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: catholic church decides that unborn fetus aren't people

  1. #1
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,367

    catholic church decides that unborn fetus aren't people

    when it keeps them from being sued, but not when they are trying to stop abortions.

    http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor..._re_being.html

    keep it classy guys.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1
    se me ase muy interesante el tema

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10
    Contrary to the anti-abortion stance of the Catholic Church, lawyers for Catholic Health Initiatives, the nonprofit being sued, are arguing that unborn fetuses are not considered 'persons' under Colorado law, where the Wrongful Death Act only protects those born alive.

  4. #4
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by paul.will8 View Post
    Contrary to the anti-abortion stance of the Catholic Church, lawyers for Catholic Health Initiatives, the nonprofit being sued, are arguing that unborn fetuses are not considered 'persons' under Colorado law, where the Wrongful Death Act only protects those born alive.
    The catholic Health initiative is funded by and a part of the catholic church and makes its doctors adhere to catholic doctrine.
    http://www.psmag.com/health/doctors-...atients-71228/

  5. #5
    Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,561
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    when it keeps them from being sued, but not when they are trying to stop abortions.

    http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor..._re_being.html

    keep it classy guys.
    hahaha how convenient, isn't it? ah, the church. what else can I say here...

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    48
    If women don't want to get pregnant then they need to quit being sluts. It's not rocket science. Unprotected sex tends to cause babies. Don't be a slut having unprotected sex with people you don't care much about and you won't need an abortion. Problem solved. Yes it's partly the man's fault, BUT it's mostly on the burden of the WOMAN to protect herself because it's HER BODY AND SHE IS THE ONE AT RISK FOR PREGNANCY.

    They shouldn't have it both ways: Blaming the man for having sex when SHE is the one who is at risk of pregnancy but then allowing full choice on the part of the woman when she ends up pregnant. What about father's rights? They don't exist when abortion comes into play. It's neo-fascist feminist bullshit to the extreme.

  7. #7
    http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,786
    wow
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

  8. #8
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubey View Post
    If women don't want to get pregnant then they need to quit being sluts. It's not rocket science. Unprotected sex tends to cause babies. Don't be a slut having unprotected sex with people you don't care much about and you won't need an abortion. Problem solved. Yes it's partly the man's fault, BUT it's mostly on the burden of the WOMAN to protect herself because it's HER BODY AND SHE IS THE ONE AT RISK FOR PREGNANCY.

    They shouldn't have it both ways: Blaming the man for having sex when SHE is the one who is at risk of pregnancy but then allowing full choice on the part of the woman when she ends up pregnant. What about father's rights? They don't exist when abortion comes into play. It's neo-fascist feminist bullshit to the extreme.
    you've got issues.

  9. #9
    Taxi Driver Lifestyle_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,186
    Still, thanks for keeping the board alive. X true love X!
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

    visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

  10. #10
    Registered User One-Eyed Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    8
    Abortion is a tough pill to swallow. I don't agree with the irresponsibility of a man impregnating a woman without her consent, and costing a child their life. It still happens. Also, I don't agree with women who are pregnant from rapes or sexual abuse being forced to keep that child, the spawn of the assailant. Ultimately, I believe in abortion for good reason, but that's not always the case and some women use it as a last ditch effort to shirk consequences. Hard to blame on such a colorful issue.
    Last edited by One-Eyed Firefly; 05-12-2015 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Grammar

  11. #11
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Eyed Firefly View Post
    Abortion is a tough pill to swallow. I don't agree with the irresponsibility of a man impregnating a woman without her consent, and costing a child their life. It still happens. Also, I don't agree with women who are pregnant from rapes or sexual abuse being forced to keep that child, the spawn of the assailant. Ultimately, I believe in abortion for good reason, but that's not always the case and some women use it as a last ditch effort to shirk consequences. Hard to blame on such a colorful issue.
    Who gets to decide what a good reason is? How is someone admitting that they aren't in a position to have and/or raise a kid shirking consequences from an unintended pregnancy?

  12. #12
    Registered User One-Eyed Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    Who gets to decide what a good reason is? How is someone admitting that they aren't in a position to have and/or raise a kid shirking consequences from an unintended pregnancy?
    My statement merely was to say that if legislation ever defines the rights of abortion beyond when it is alive, then it would probably look at reason (misc. cause for abortion by mother/family), environment, and finances. Shirking consequences are what abortion is all about. A consequences of impetuous or unprotected sex. Does a woman have the right to choice? I think so. What can we actually do to deter a woman if she wants to illegally remove that babe from her womb?

    I never agreed with abortion growing up until one of my girlfriends aborted my child. Her reason, "I think the baby is evil." Which afterwards, I was relieved she never had my child and subjected it to years of mental abuse from her perceived threat of the child's morality. All of this points to was a psychological issue with her, and perhaps other women who share the same mindset. The aforementioned reason of my child, "being evil", not being a good enough one to kill a child still, in my mind. To consider it, would it be right to raise a child in a home where nobody wants them at the alternative of its life? Possibly.

    However, financial standing MAY be sufficient reason to abort a child. (Or is it? Giving children up for adoption is a great choice, but many women who don't want to ruin their body would rather cost the life of the unborn. There is always a reason, who decides? Right now, the mom.) Even still, there are lots of government programs in America that help with raising a child and affording the bills, and help with birth control. Like Planned Parenthood, CHIP, WIC, CCS, etc. Me and my wife would never have been able to afford the Hospital costs of having children. No chance.

    There is a flip-side. It is known that some fetuses are harvested for organs and skin to save other children or use as skin grafts to cancer victims. Abortion is a tough cookie to bite into, but it has some sweet spots. Which few admit to.

    (Edit: In a perfect world, there would be no abortion.)
    Last edited by One-Eyed Firefly; 05-13-2015 at 01:38 PM.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    you've got issues.
    Yes, I have issues with the way stupid people are running the world.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Eyed Firefly View Post
    I never agreed with abortion growing up until one of my girlfriends aborted my child. Her reason, "I think the baby is evil." Which afterwards, I was relieved she never had my child and subjected it to years of mental abuse from her perceived threat of the child's morality. All of this points to was a psychological issue with her, and perhaps other women who share the same mindset. The aforementioned reason of my child, "being evil", not being a good enough one to kill a child still, in my mind. To consider it, would it be right to raise a child in a home where nobody wants them at the alternative of its life? Possibly.
    Following that logic, you would have to agree that it's better for a psychotic parent to kill their child than for the child to be exposed to the parent. Such people end up killing the child.... but at least then they actually have to suffer for it, life in jail usually. Killing is killing, no matter when it's done age wise.

    Abortion is borderline Nazi-like thinking. Purifying the race by killing the weak and those who might not do well. Keep in mind, the likes of Einstein and Edison did poorly in school and were probably looked upon as having no success in life. It's frightening to think that you and others are ok with potentially aborting the next brilliant mind of our time for the sake of a slut of a mother.
    Last edited by Cubey; 11-16-2015 at 06:58 AM.

  15. #15
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubey View Post
    Following that logic, you would have to agree that it's better for a psychotic parent to kill their child than for the child to be exposed to the parent. Such people end up killing the child.... but at least then they actually have to suffer for it, life in jail usually. Killing is killing, no matter when it's done age wise.

    Abortion is borderline Nazi-like thinking. Purifying the race by killing the weak and those who might not do well. Keep in mind, the likes of Einstein and Edison did poorly in school and were probably looked upon as having no success in life. It's frightening to think that you and others are ok with potentially aborting the next brilliant mind of our time for the sake of a slut of a mother.
    how many kids have you adopted? What do you think should happen to all of those unwanted kids? What about the ruined lives of the women that are forced to carry them because you think they should? Are you also against birth control?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •