Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what can be done?

Quote Originally Posted by indestructible View Post
    Eventually the discovery has been made that this self-admiration society for a handful of people is not satisfying anymore?! Well, better late then never...even if in this particular case it might already be too late.
    thanks for your always useful and helpful contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    thanks for your always useful and helpful contributions.
    You're welcome! A less authoritarian approach would benefit the feature of the forum.

You're welcome! A less authoritarian approach would benefit the feature of the forum.
    Sure thing boss! You've been so great and helpful I'll certainly listen to anything you have to say. Anything else I can do to help you berate others and then blame them for being authoritarian?

Sure thing boss! You've been so great and helpful I'll certainly listen to anything you have to say. Anything else I can do to help you berate others and then blame them for being authoritarian?

You flatterer you! I´m only a simple forum member with much less then 1000 posts written, good to know you´re still listening.

I don´t see since when making a simple suggestion is being berating and blame. Maybe you were only expecting dainty answers to your question. Surprising answers are not always sweet, though being open to them is sweet democracy.

You flatterer you! I´m only a simple forum member with much less then 1000 posts written, good to know you´re still listening.

I don´t see since when making a simple suggestion is being berating and blame. Maybe you were only expecting dainty answers to your question. Surprising answers are not always sweet, though being open to them is sweet democracy.
    Oh not at all, I was expecting actual useful comments, and from you I got what I would have expected. I'm just amazed with the amount of vitriol you have for me and this site that you bother wasting time coming here when you're never pleasant nor helpful. If at any point you want to attempt to start a topic, please do, but at this point all you've done is make snide comments in already existing ones.

Oh not at all, I was expecting actual useful comments, and from you I got what I would have expected. I'm just amazed with the amount of vitriol you have for me and this site that you bother wasting time coming here when you're never pleasant nor helpful.
    If your mind is set at expecting something from someone you may actually not see what you in reality are getting. I´ve got nothing in particular for you, surprised you would imagine that, and I like this place - though I may have seen over the years some clues to why people may leave or not be so active. Apparently not so obvious to all, but for me as a not so frequent visitor I have noticed how the authoritative grip may have some part in driving people away. The climate of discussion is not very welcoming.

My views are meant to be constructive, cant help if they´re hurting at the same time but there´s honesty for you. For my thoughts to be of any use, the question first is of course if we only want the handful of people who are already writing to write more? Or do we actually want new, and if possible: former active, members to stick around? The latter I do.

If your mind is set at expecting something from someone you may actually not see what you in reality are getting. I´ve got nothing in particular for you, surprised you would imagine that, and I like this place - though I may have seen over the years some clues to why people may leave or not be so active. Apparently not so obvious to all, but for me as a not so frequent visitor I have noticed how the authoritative grip may have some part in driving people away. The climate of discussion is not very welcoming.

My views are meant to be constructive, cant help if they´re hurting at the same time but there´s honesty for you. For my thoughts to be of any use, the question first is of course if we only want the handful of people who are already writing to write more? Or do we actually want new, and if possible: former active, members to stick around? The latter I do.
    Then start generating new topics to give people something to interact with. If you think there's a problem with the climate, what are you planning on doing to help change it?

I am hopeful of that all of us will make an effort.

Thread Information