Thread: Ballet

Ballet

SO un hardcore for sure but I started taking ballet a few weeks back. At the moment the world keeps conspiring to keep me away from class 9this week by sending a hurricane) but it's showing up to be a lot of fun and one of the few "sports" my wacky shoulder posture might actually be good for. The other being Aikido (two sides!)

I'd been kinda scared about trying it for years since I'm not very flexible and a blobby old person, but the people there have been really mixed and really supportive. Plus it's one hell of a workout! Hoping it will help get me back in shape since I have a hard time working out for the sake of working out. Learning something new and being able to measure progress in skills acquired instead of pounds lost is a lot easier for me. Just need to get good enough to start being able to make myself dance costumes, then I'll be a fit and happy camper!

Sounds great!

This is wonderful Viv! I'm so happy that you are finally doing this. I know it's intimidating to try new things, but it's often worth it. :)

If the universe could just stop conspiring against me going to classes it would be ever better! (beginner classes are Monday and Tuesday so canceled because of the storm this week)

Thread Information