Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: How Do You Fell About Gay Marriage.

  1. #1
    Registered User xearvasex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, Delaware
    Posts
    12

    Question How Do You Fell About Gay Marriage.

    If you ask me I don't see anything wrong about it. Who am I to say someone else can't be happy.
    Last edited by xearvasex; 06-02-2012 at 03:58 PM.

  2. #2
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,367
    The opposition of it is something that doesn't make sense to me. If people want to get married, go for it. It'd actually help improve the economy.

  3. #3
    Registered User Anarcho-Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by xearvasex View Post
    If you ask me I don't see anything wrong about it. Who am I to say someone else can't be happy.
    Couldn't agree more

  4. #4
    Duchess of Adventures xvunderx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,614
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    The opposition of it is something that doesn't make sense to me. If people want to get married, go for it. It'd actually help improve the economy.
    Exactly this

  5. #5
    Token Canadian mouseman004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pickering/Waterloo, Ontario (Canada)
    Posts
    2,363
    I will never understand opposition to Gay marriage. What other people want to do with their own lives is nobody's business but their own. I am also annoyed that the Provincial government in Ontario put forward an anti-bullying law that makes it illegal for schools to ban groups called "Gay-Straight Alliance" (or something along those lines, I forget the specific name) and Catholics have been holding rallies at the legislature protesting against this law saying it is an afront to freedom of religion and it promotes anti-christian values. Really?! You're protesting against Anti-Bullying Legislation?? REALLY?!
    Later Days

  6. #6
    Taxi Driver Lifestyle_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseman004 View Post
    I will never understand opposition to Gay marriage. What other people want to do with their own lives is nobody's business but their own. I am also annoyed that the Provincial government in Ontario put forward an anti-bullying law that makes it illegal for schools to ban groups called "Gay-Straight Alliance" (or something along those lines, I forget the specific name) and Catholics have been holding rallies at the legislature protesting against this law saying it is an afront to freedom of religion and it promotes anti-christian values. Really?! You're protesting against Anti-Bullying Legislation?? REALLY?!
    Ha, are they for real? They really need to think things over.
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

    visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

  7. #7
    Registered User Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    18
    Marriage should be allowed between two consenting adults no matter what, because why should anyone else care if John and Jack want to get married, or if Tony wants to marry his cousin Cindy.

  8. #8
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Marriage should be allowed between two consenting adults no matter what, because why should anyone else care if John and Jack want to get married, or if Tony wants to marry his cousin Cindy.
    in your example, because Tony and Cindy would be creating inbred children, potentially with serious health issues. I'll agree that non related adults should be able to marry, but I do believe that relatives should not.

  9. #9
    Registered User Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    in your example, because Tony and Cindy would be creating inbred children, potentially with serious health issues. I'll agree that non related adults should be able to marry, but I do believe that relatives should not.
    I don't have a problem with cousins getting married or creating children, In most cases when two cousins create children they're born perfectly fine, I remember reading online that there's only a 2% more chance that the children will be born with health issues if the parents are related. I think that if two people are happy together and decide to get married, they should be able to do so without other's protesting.

  10. #10
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I don't have a problem with cousins getting married or creating children, In most cases when two cousins create children they're born perfectly fine, I remember reading online that there's only a 2% more chance that the children will be born with health issues if the parents are related. I think that if two people are happy together and decide to get married, they should be able to do so without other's protesting.
    Do you also endorse parents marrying their children or siblings marrying?

    Also, I found this:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7404730.stm
    I think it's fair to say that because there aren't that many first cousins marrying, that there isn't enough of a data sample to generate any kind of percentage of risk. I do think it's safe to say that the genetic diversity is a good thing. And as a result that some marriages shouldn't be allowed.

  11. #11
    Registered User Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    Do you also endorse parents marrying their children or siblings marrying?

    Also, I found this:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7404730.stm
    I think it's fair to say that because there aren't that many first cousins marrying, that there isn't enough of a data sample to generate any kind of percentage of risk. I do think it's safe to say that the genetic diversity is a good thing. And as a result that some marriages shouldn't be allowed.
    Personally I wouldn't endorse marrying immediate family members, but I'm sure there are some people that do and I wouldn't ever judge or look down on someone for supporting that.


    and I will agree with there not being enough of a data sample to generate a percentage. But I still think they should be able to get married and have children, as long as they understand that their children could be born with health issues.

  12. #12
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Personally I wouldn't endorse marrying immediate family members, but I'm sure there are some people that do and I wouldn't ever judge or look down on someone for supporting that.


    and I will agree with there not being enough of a data sample to generate a percentage. But I still think they should be able to get married and have children, as long as they understand that their children could be born with health issues.
    what's different from immediate family members and cousins marrying?

  13. #13
    Registered User Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    what's different from immediate family members and cousins marrying?
    The only thing I can think of are there being more chances of children being born with major health issues, other than that I can't think of anything else.

    You know what though, it's still their decision and if they're both consenting and realize what could happen, I say let them be happy and live their life the way they want to. So I'll take back my previous comment.

  14. #14
    Registered User sleepyboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    25
    How did this get into incest?

    Anyway, I'm a homo, so, yeah, it's good for me.
    Nobody ever became famous without causing controversy.

  15. #15
    ..... straightXed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,530
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyboi View Post
    How did this get into incest?

    Anyway, I'm a homo, so, yeah, it's good for me.
    Do you think it is something that should be condoned in churches?
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •