Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caffine...giving it up is hard!

Caffine...giving it up is hard!

Okay, we all know that caffine is bad for you and how it's a drug and all that good stuff. Well, I've been trying to give it up for the past month with no such luck. I hate to say it, but I'm addicted to caffine aka pop. I keep saying how I'll give up pop for a whole week but then I'll always find an excuse to have it. This is something really hard to do. But I'm determined to give it up at some point!! So starting Monday, I'm going to see if I can go a whole week without pop, none at all. Not even pop without caffine. I've tried doing it a while ago but I only lasted two days, just goes to show how weak I am. So any thoughts on how to get it out of the system for good?
    SKA saves my sanity

Re: Caffine...giving it up is hard!

Originally posted by ska_is_alive
    Okay, we all know that caffine is bad for you and how it's a drug and all that good stuff. Well, I've been trying to give it up for the past month with no such luck. I hate to say it, but I'm addicted to caffine aka pop. I keep saying how I'll give up pop for a whole week but then I'll always find an excuse to have it. This is something really hard to do. But I'm determined to give it up at some point!! So starting Monday, I'm going to see if I can go a whole week without pop, none at all. Not even pop without caffine. I've tried doing it a while ago but I only lasted two days, just goes to show how weak I am. So any thoughts on how to get it out of the system for good?
    You could try cutting down gradualy? I know alot of people have a hard time coming off caffiene, head aches, all sorts. But stick with it, and you'll be fine.

I used to drink alot of soda, not now so much. You could try substituting it with fruit juices, or smooties or something like that maybe?

I'm one of those people who is strongly addicted to it. I sound pathetic right? But I'm desperately trying to be fully straight edge one step at a time.
    SKA saves my sanity

Originally posted by ska_is_alive
    I'm one of those people who is strongly addicted to it. I sound pathetic right? But I'm desperately trying to be fully straight edge one step at a time.
    your best bet is to think about in terms of health and not straight edge. I also used to drink a ton of soda. eventually I just started drinking more and more water. part of it was economic part of it was health. it gets kind of insane when you go out to dinner or lunch and end up adding a couple of dollars just for a drink. Now I only get a sprite maybe once a month if even that. With the caffiene side of it, if you're addicted, you're going to be having a rough time. Especially since you're in school right now, I'd probably wait and start when you have a break. because you will hve headaches. you will get grouchy and you will have issues with sleep.

i still find it hard, and i gave it up months ago, just gettin tired in the mornings you need that artificial boost

but you find better things
    "we always associate getting drunk wiht having a good time...
    ...so next time you are bent over the toilet bowl forcing yourself to be sick, remind yourself what a good time you are having" BEN ELTON

i switched to snapple iced tea. i know that it has caffiene in it naturally but it has to be less than in soda. right?
    xCarpexDiemx
    life is what you make it.

Re: reply

Originally posted by sabresnmets
    i switched to snapple iced tea. i know that it has caffiene in it naturally but it has to be less than in soda. right?
    depends. some ice tea has less some has more. it depends on how it's brewed.

linsee
    i still consume caffeine, and when i tried to stop cold turkey it gave me awful headaches. i have brought my intake down quite a bit, so hopefully i'll be able to totally stop soon.

well whatever im proud of myself for not drinking soda.
    xCarpexDiemx

word!!! we should all try to stop together.
    xCarpexDiemx

89 of 423457
    I was forced into stoping drinking soda about a year or so ago...... and i was drinking a lot at the time.... but when i did stop i never got headaches or anger or anything...... caffeine never really had an effect on me when i was drinking it....... but i am so happy now.... i am so addicted tro Chai Tea.... but i always get the decaf at like a coffee house and it costs like 4 buckas for a medium...so now i found a store that sels it in the cartons for like 2 bucks.....im way happy.....
    For the tears of scarlet shed
    Over the love that never was

I find that frightening... I mean, we all start consuming caffeine when we're so young, what with most fizzy drinks containing it, coffee/tea, and it's natural occurance in chocolate (albeit, a very small amount - dark chocolate the most, then milk; none in white), and without realising, we're addicts. If you drink, you consciously choose to drink and become addicted to alcohol's effects, if you smoke, you consciously choose to smoke. These things are both recognised drugs, but very, very few people consider caffeine as a drug of any note at all. Now, when edgers like you or I choose to give it up, we suffer. I know, I know, we're all able to choose not to consume caffeine in the first place, but I very much doubt that there's anyone on the planet who realises as an eight year old that the cola they're drinking contains a drug that will one day cause them problems giving it up. Oh well. I'm getting there - dropped the coke and the tea (mmm... decaf - all the flavour, none of the shite) and I'm reducing the chocolate, but hey, one step at a time, eh? I gotta start eating more properly anyway :)

Originally posted by MrWizzle
    I find that frightening... I mean, we all start consuming caffeine when we're so young, what with most fizzy drinks containing it, coffee/tea, and it's natural occurance in chocolate (albeit, a very small amount - dark chocolate the most, then milk; none in white), and without realising, we're addicts. If you drink, you consciously choose to drink and become addicted to alcohol's effects, if you smoke, you consciously choose to smoke. These things are both recognised drugs, but very, very few people consider caffeine as a drug of any note at all. Now, when edgers like you or I choose to give it up, we suffer. I know, I know, we're all able to choose not to consume caffeine in the first place, but I very much doubt that there's anyone on the planet who realises as an eight year old that the cola they're drinking contains a drug that will one day cause them problems giving it up. Oh well. I'm getting there - dropped the coke and the tea (mmm... decaf - all the flavour, none of the shite) and I'm reducing the chocolate, but hey, one step at a time, eh? I gotta start eating more properly anyway :)
    if you drink decaf tea why are you reducing the amount of chocolate you eat?

Err... I just have to start eating properly, that's all. Chocolate make me fat. A little off-topic, I guess.

Originally posted by MrWizzle
    Err... I just have to start eating properly, that's all. Chocolate make me fat. A little off-topic, I guess.
    word. that makes sense.

Thread Information