Thread: Would you only date someone who is sXe?

Would you only date someone who is sXe?

Or in my case, just substance-free in general?

I would HIGHLY prefer a partner who doesn't drink or do anything at all.
    I might allow cigarettes, only because I'm so used to them from my parents smoking them. But he will not smoke them in the house, nor will I ever touch one. And he should try to quit them or atleast reduce how much he smokes.

It's really hard finding a gay man who doesn't drink or do drugs, though. Like, really hard. I always feel like I'm gonna be alone forever... the few good men I've met have been taken. The only few good gay men are swooped up so quickly. Put a strip of bacon on the ground in front of a pack of like 100 dogs. Same concept. =\ Except I'm the weak dog who can't even get to it.
    Nobody ever became famous without causing controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyboi View Post
    Or in my case, just substance-free in general?

I would HIGHLY prefer a partner who doesn't drink or do anything at all.
    I might allow cigarettes, only because I'm so used to them from my parents smoking them. But he will not smoke them in the house, nor will I ever touch one. And he should try to quit them or atleast reduce how much he smokes.

It's really hard finding a gay man who doesn't drink or do drugs, though. Like, really hard. I always feel like I'm gonna be alone forever... the few good men I've met have been taken. The only few good gay men are swooped up so quickly. Put a strip of bacon on the ground in front of a pack of like 100 dogs. Same concept. =\ Except I'm the weak dog who can't even get to it.
    No, but smoking sucks and i cant live with people who smoke.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Yeah,although it would definitely be hard

What Ed said.
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

I could be with somebody who wasn't Straight Edge but Substance free easily. I think it'd be harder to be with somebody who drinks, smokes, or does drugs though. I'd have to flat out say I could never be with a girl who does drugs no exceptions there. I can't really stand being near people when they smoke so I think if I ever was with someone who did I'd have to care an awful lot for them. As for drinking I wouldn't really want it around me at all but I might be able to deal with her drinking maybe just one here or there. No way I could do it if she got drunk though. I don't have much of a tolerance for drunks.

I would date anyone with an open mind.
    Straight Edge, The Key to Self Liberation!

linsee
    I've been with my boyfriend for a year and a half, and he is not straight edge.

I've been with my current fiance (dating 5 years - engaged 1 year) and she drinks socially... not to get drunk, and when she does it bother's me... but that's all she does... if she did anything else it definitely wouldn't have lasted this long...

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo2424 View Post
    I've been with my current fiance (dating 5 years - engaged 1 year) and she drinks socially... not to get drunk, and when she does it bother's me... but that's all she does... if she did anything else it definitely wouldn't have lasted this long...
    Does she know it bothers you?

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    Does she know it bothers you?
    I would like to say yes, but can't say %100 as I've never directly told her, just indirect hints.

It's just one of those things I sometimes feel like I should just let it go, or get over it... but there's other things recently between us that take a higher precedence to be discussed :-\

Sorry about that, hope you can talk it out.

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    I would like to say yes, but can't say %100 as I've never directly told her, just indirect hints.

It's just one of those things I sometimes feel like I should just let it go, or get over it... but there's other things recently between us that take a higher precedence to be discussed :-\
    that sucks, hope you can work things out for the best
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Sounds like a fundamental problem, you need to be honest about what bothers you i feel, i think its better than having to indirectly hint to express yourself within a relationship.

Thread Information