Thread: Suicide

Suicide

Around where I live,there's a high school called Polytech.It's a really good school,that a lot of kids want to go to.But recently,a problem arose that's really sad

http://www.doverpost.com/features/x1...icide-in-Dover

We don't know exactly why they're killing themselves,but it makes you shake your head

Is suicide against SXE values too?
    I mean yes it is very sad. But sometimes, you have to let some people do as they please with their life- even if it means ending it.
    It's selfish to force someone to live if they don't want to.
    Nobody ever became famous without causing controversy.

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyboi View Post
    I mean yes it is very sad. But sometimes, you have to let some people do as they please with their life- even if it means ending it.
    i wouldnt bring it down to selfishness, you could argue that killing yourself is more selfish because you only think about yourself and not the people who are around you that care about you.
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyboi View Post
    I don't see how it is against being straightedge.

With regards to the selfishness, i wouldn't suggest to anyone to force someone to live and i really don't know why that would be a proposed solution in 2012.

I think a less selfish thing to do would be to be aware of why people feel their only choice is to commit suicide and help raise awareness of that rather that just put it down to people making a selfish choice. It would be great if people would help remove the stigma attached to the very serious issue of suffering with depression so those that do can perhaps feel more inclined to get help. It is a problem that can effect anyone and i really don't think people commit suicide on a whim out of selfishness. I think that rather than assuming it is a selfish choice you should try and imagine how horrific depression must be for someone to commit suicide even when it will cause incredible trauma to people they love. I propose that they would be at lengths of despair that, without being in their shoes, you will struggle to fathom.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Thread Information