Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Bud,Weed, Pot isn't bad for you?

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    52

    Bud,Weed, Pot isn't bad for you?

    A lot of people say the maurjana isn't bad for you and a lot of people smoke it (especially in high school) and nobody has ever overdosed and has died on pot but it does kill people in fact hundreds of people die a year from it. I hope every one realizes when they buy pot they are largely contributing to Mexican Drug Cartels killing people for competition over running the drug trade.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5fYq0vHEZk

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhMobuDCzPQ
    Straight Edge, The Key to Self Liberation!

  2. #2
    Registered User sleepyboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    25
    Personally, I feel that once people start smoking it, they turn into assholes. They feel like they're automatically "awesome" for doing something illegal and "rebellious", despite the fact that it's not rebellious to do something that 90% of the population already does. They look down on anyone who doesn't smoke it, and say one wrong this and they get so butthurt. "WEED IS AWESOME STOP BEING A FAGGOT IT'S SO GOOD FOR YOU MAN I'M BEING PERSECUTED FOR MY BELIEFS/CANNABIS WORSHIP". Oh please. Give me a fucking break.
    Nobody ever became famous without causing controversy.

  3. #3
    linsee
    Guest
    I think pot should be legal.

  4. #4
    Registered User sleepyboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    25
    I think it should be legal because if it becomes legal, people will stop acting like they're rebels for using it, since it's allowed. The cannabis activists won't be acting like "heroes" years from now, and it'll be commonplace. I admit though, the first year is going to be hell. Everyone will be high everyday. In 5 years, it will have died down though, and be no different from people buying alcohol (although plenty of minors do this illegally, but I'd rather deal with high people than drunks).
    Nobody ever became famous without causing controversy.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    52

    :p

    More people drank alcohol when it was legal then when they made it legal it wasn't "cool" or "rebellious" any more"
    Straight Edge, The Key to Self Liberation!

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    52
    And there wouldn't be a black market for it so it would lower gang violence
    Straight Edge, The Key to Self Liberation!

  7. #7
    ..... straightXed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,530
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownMagix View Post
    And there wouldn't be a black market for it so it would lower gang violence
    A product being legal or not is not the only thing that contributes to a black market. There is a large black market for both alcohol and tobacco in this country and both drugs are legal.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

  8. #8
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    A product being legal or not is not the only thing that contributes to a black market. There is a large black market for both alcohol and tobacco in this country and both drugs are legal.
    I honestly don't see it making that much of a difference. The black market would remain because anything that was legal would be regulated and the potency controlled. The cartels have too much money at play to let it just dry up from legalization.

  9. #9
    ..... straightXed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,530
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    I honestly don't see it making that much of a difference. The black market would remain because anything that was legal would be regulated and the potency controlled. The cartels have too much money at play to let it just dry up from legalization.
    Thats what i am saying, looking at legal drugs we still have a black market for those drugs and marijuana would be no different in that sense.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    madison wisconsin
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    Thats what i am saying, looking at legal drugs we still have a black market for those drugs and marijuana would be no different in that sense.
    But the market would be less viable. If people could easily find drugs not tinted with the problems of a drug war they would be more likely to buy it. We could scale it more easily as well driving down prices versus the black market. Also, legal drugs are more convenient than finding a dealer.

  11. #11
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by xVeganAnarchistx View Post
    But the market would be less viable. If people could easily find drugs not tinted with the problems of a drug war they would be more likely to buy it. We could scale it more easily as well driving down prices versus the black market. Also, legal drugs are more convenient than finding a dealer.

    there's a healthy market for legal controlled substances. Why would this be any different? Why do you think the cartels wouldn't just flood the black market to keep their existing market share? Do you think they'd just give up?

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    madison wisconsin
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    there's a healthy market for legal controlled substances. Why would this be any different? Why do you think the cartels wouldn't just flood the black market to keep their existing market share? Do you think they'd just give up?
    Don't understand your first couple sentences. But about flooding the market I never said i thought either way and i certainly don't think they would just give up but most people drink store bought alcohol, and at least here, it's legal to produce your own. If it was legal to grow your own or buy it from the convenience store or dispensary i find it quite unlikely that the drug cartels could compete unless they somehow get their product into the legal places.

  13. #13
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by xVeganAnarchistx View Post
    Don't understand your first couple sentences. But about flooding the market I never said i thought either way and i certainly don't think they would just give up but most people drink store bought alcohol, and at least here, it's legal to produce your own. If it was legal to grow your own or buy it from the convenience store or dispensary i find it quite unlikely that the drug cartels could compete unless they somehow get their product into the legal places.
    Oxycontin and adderall are both legal controlled substances and there is a very healthy black market that supports them.

    If it's regulated, it's going to be taxed, most likely heavily. That's where the black market flourishes. If your end game is to stop cartel related crime, legalizing marijuana isn't going to do it, they are going to find a way around the legalization and find a way to still get paid for their product, and if their product ends up in legal places, the problem still exists.

  14. #14
    ..... straightXed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,530
    Quote Originally Posted by xVeganAnarchistx View Post
    Don't understand your first couple sentences. But about flooding the market I never said i thought either way and i certainly don't think they would just give up but most people drink store bought alcohol, and at least here, it's legal to produce your own. If it was legal to grow your own or buy it from the convenience store or dispensary i find it quite unlikely that the drug cartels could compete unless they somehow get their product into the legal places.
    Even alcohol bought in stores can be black market. Particularly small stores that will struggle to compete with bigger buisnessess. As you can imagine its going to be tempting for a smaller business to cut its costs and not take into consideration the full gravity of what they are becoming a part of. The black market for tobacco and alcohol steadily grows and these drugs have been legal for a long time. Legalising marijuana would be contending with a full scale black market that is already established, the whole supply is black market and that is a very large scale operation to compete with. It would be, I think, much more of a struggle to police and tackle than the legal drugs that already exist on the black market. I think you would find it in stores and it would actually make the black market operation more scalable giving growth to other areas of the black market. I would say its a issue that isnt as simple as making it legal and the problems go away and it could very well make more problems aside from those mentioned here.
    Last edited by straightXed; 02-25-2012 at 04:16 AM.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    madison wisconsin
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    Oxycontin and adderall are both legal controlled substances and there is a very healthy black market that supports them.
    These drugs are not legal for me to just pick up like alchol or cigarettes. You need a doctors prescription here in wisconsin so that's a lot different than the likely legalization path weed will eventually take. In the between stage of medical marijuana a black market will exist, but it will be with crops grown from farms. At least that was colorado from the people i know. The only black market part was reselling legally acquired weed which stops the drug war shit that's bad about weed or harder drugs.

    Again, the vast majority of alcohol is not black market.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •