Thread: big brother is watching

big brother is watching

There's a bill that's going around,that says that the government can censor what's on the internet.If this bill is passed,they can shut down amateur websites willy-nilly.If they find something that they feel challenges their opinions,its killed.They could even try to shut down this forum.Just letting you know what those politicians are planning to to our information

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Edge View Post
    There's a bill that's going around,that says that the government can censor what's on the internet.If this bill is passed,they can shut down amateur websites willy-nilly.If they find something that they feel challenges their opinions,its killed.They could even try to shut down this forum.Just letting you know what those politicians are planning to to our information
    It is probably not to shut down websites that represent challenging viewpoints willy nilly. It is probably something to shut down questionable/dangerous content. Do you know the name of the bill? I am curious to check it out.
    Later Days

are you talking about the protect-ip act?

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    there's one thing that bothers me about these kind of comments, it's that it just seems to try to raise awareness through fear and paranoia. the whole message to me just seems like "the goverment is gonna shut you down and shut you up!". i know you're a kid and kids can be a bit impressionable, so dont worry that much about it, but look into it.

what i do support is the use of "willy-nilly", cause as a latino it makes me smile. so cheers to that.
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

We should get Chuck D and Flavor Flav to shut the government down. Shut 'em down, shut 'em shut 'em down!
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

Quote Originally Posted by mouseman004 View Post
    It is probably not to shut down websites that represent challenging viewpoints willy nilly. It is probably something to shut down questionable/dangerous content. Do you know the name of the bill? I am curious to check it out.
    It's called the Stop Online Piracy Act,or SOPA

It's called the Stop Online Piracy Act,or SOPA
    they're to shut down people that spread pirated content, not to stop dissent.

Thread Information