Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-men First class

X-men First class

I enjoyed the premise of this film but there were a few bits that bothered me. Only little things mind and i just think the writing side of things let through some lines that were just not as well thought out as they could have been, overall i thought it was very watchable. I know a lot of people will be comparing it to other x-men films and saying its not as good, i think that is to be expected seeing as not that much time has past since previous x-men films. I was really quite excited for this film as i really really enjoyed Kick-ass a lot, i think matthew vaughn is showing some great talent and look forward to kick-ass 2. I really liked the period setting of this x-men movie and although its not my favourite x-men movie i think it works well. I think overall its a big movie that could have done with a little more time, it doesn't feel quite finished but its out there now and i would say watch it and its better than the wolverine movie!!
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    I enjoyed the premise of this film but there were a few bits that bothered me. Only little things mind and i just think the writing side of things let through some lines that were just not as well thought out as they could have been, overall i thought it was very watchable. I know a lot of people will be comparing it to other x-men films and saying its not as good, i think that is to be expected seeing as not that much time has past since previous x-men films. I was really quite excited for this film as i really really enjoyed Kick-ass a lot, i think matthew vaughn is showing some great talent and look forward to kick-ass 2. I really liked the period setting of this x-men movie and although its not my favourite x-men movie i think it works well. I think overall its a big movie that could have done with a little more time, it doesn't feel quite finished but its out there now and i would say watch it and its better than the wolverine movie!!
    i havent seen it yet and i'm not really excited about it, probably due to the lack of advertising made down here. what i do know is that i'm not really a fan of the other xmen films. and i like comicbook movies, anytime i catch one on cable i stay and watch it again, except for the xmen films.

i liked kickass and i liked that they didnt get to do the gore stuff they did on the comicbook. wich to me was about the only selling point it had after the first two issues.
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    i havent seen it yet and i'm not really excited about it, probably due to the lack of advertising made down here. what i do know is that i'm not really a fan of the other xmen films. and i like comicbook movies, anytime i catch one on cable i stay and watch it again, except for the xmen films.

i liked kickass and i liked that they didnt get to do the gore stuff they did on the comicbook. wich to me was about the only selling point it had after the first two issues.
    Yeah, i'm the same with spiderman, not that into the movies at all. If they are on i might sit and watch for a bit but soon change channel.

First class hasn't had a huge amount of advertising here either really, the limelight is all on pirates 4 and fast 5!

There was some pretty grusome things in the kick ass movie though...as movies go it was pretty brutal. But the movie did have more than just gore though, i agree with that.

I just saw it today and I loved it. There was some cheesy dialogue that it could have done without, and some parts of it felt a little rushed, but for the most part I thought it was great.
    Later Days

I want to see it. I'm kinda annoyed that they changed a bunch of the characters around, but that's probably just a comic nerd gripe.

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    I want to see it. I'm kinda annoyed that they changed a bunch of the characters around, but that's probably just a comic nerd gripe.
    they did?
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    they did?
    yeah. darwin and moira I know for sure.

yeah. darwin and moira I know for sure.
    With regards to darwin, the movie may disapoint.

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    With regards to darwin, the movie may disapoint.
    he's a shit character, but dude doesn't look normal. doesn't even really look human. like they make beast blue, which didn't come until way later, but they're going to have darwin, the kid that can't be killed because his body just evolves to deal with whatever threat, look human?

and making moira be cia, rather than scottish and a geneticist was just dumb. pick a new name. make a new character.

he's a shit character, but dude doesn't look normal. doesn't even really look human. like they make beast blue, which didn't come until way later, but they're going to have darwin, the kid that can't be killed because his body just evolves to deal with whatever threat, look human?

and making moira be cia, rather than scottish and a geneticist was just dumb. pick a new name. make a new character.
    I hear what you are saying on darwin but watching it is worse, i'm guessing you have avoided hearing too much about the movie? I think the beast thing works and sure its different to the comic book universe but i feel it doesn't create a difference that makes it feel like an illogical part of the story. Although i do think they wanted to turn him blue purely for the visual impact...its an understandable use of creative liscence i guess. As for moira...i can't see any decent reasoning behind that one.

I guess part of the advantage I have when I see these movies is that I have little or no experience with the comics so I don't really know when they change shit up. It would probably annoy me too if I knew the actual stories and characters and found out the movies changed them.
    Later Days

Quote Originally Posted by mouseman004 View Post
    I guess part of the advantage I have when I see these movies is that I have little or no experience with the comics so I don't really know when they change shit up. It would probably annoy me too if I knew the actual stories and characters and found out the movies changed them.
    you mean disadvantage for missing out on reading bomb ass comics.

you mean disadvantage for missing out on reading bomb ass comics.
    Haha actually yes, I really do regret never getting into comics (except for TMNT). But I mean advantage when speaking only about the movies because I have nothing to compare them too.
    Later Days

Haha actually yes, I really do regret never getting into comics (except for TMNT). But I mean advantage when speaking only about the movies because I have nothing to compare them too.
    buy them now, the industry needs you!

if you regret it so much, why dont you go buy some?
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Thread Information