Thread: Noone in North Carolina is sXe

Nervous Breakdown xSouthernEdgex's Avatar

Noone in North Carolina is sXe

I really need straight edge friends. I've been looking for years. I live in a small country town (Wingate) near Charlotte and no one is Straight Edge. No one listens to Hardcore and if they do it isn't straight edge hardcore. It sucks. I have no one to be hyped up with. No one to discuss my passion with in person. Its depressing. I won't break edge but man I wish I could experience what you guys experience.

also: My first thread in years

edit: I know I spelled no one wrong. Didn't notice I forgot to space
    Last edited by xSouthernEdgex; 05-14-2011 at 11:43 PM. Reason: correction in subject
    Love for the Southeast NORTH CAROLINA HARDCORE

Is moving not an option?
    G.R.O.S.S.

I don't have any straight edge friends too. But I have some online, don't know if that could help you. Aren't there any shows around your area tho?
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

Moving is not an option.

There are shows. Rarely straight edge though

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    what about going out of state for shows?
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

I did a basic Google search for straightedge kids in North Carolina, and one of the results was http://nchc.proboards.com/index.cgi?...3&page=1#86595 It might be worth checking out.

I understand the desire to hang out with people with similar beliefs, but hang in there, you'll find your group.

Out of state isnt an option im a poor college student. Sucks man. I really want to go to Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by xSouthernEdgex View Post
    Out of state isnt an option im a poor college student. Sucks man. I really want to go to Boston.
    Check out carlas link dude...i am pretty sure there are straightedge people in NC, i know i have spoken to a few sxe kids from NC over the years so the chances are more exist. But i found that whilst knowing people who share your interests is great, i can quite easily have more in common and get on better with people that maybe aren't straightedge. I used to really want to know other straightedge people in my town but there really weren't any. Theres a couple here now but i can't really choose to be their friends based solely on them being edge, i like having some really good friends that don't drink but my friendship with them wasn't based on if they drank or not, i guess we just gravitated towards each other based on other things.

I do hope you find some cool people to hang out with though, good luck. and give props to carla for the googling!!
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

I didnt even see the link! Im on my iPod right now. Sorry about that.
    Thanks for the words and advice guys

linsee
    I know for a fact there's straight edge people in NC. My friend Kent just moved to Raleigh, from Wilmington.

And, it is nice to have edge friends, but you can have fun with non edge people too.

Thread Information