Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: dating problems

Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    dude, look who you're arguing with... and about dating!
    what are you saying exactly here?

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    and how's that working out for you? Have you had much success? Long term girlfriend and happy relationship as result of this?
    It's working out just awesome. Most girls that I interacted with responded very powerfully to this. Yes, I've had much more success than before. Yes, I've had a long term relationship with a girl I really liked as a result of this. Is there anything else you would like to know?

Quote Originally Posted by xCrucialDudex View Post
    It's working out just awesome. Most girls that I interacted with responded very powerfully to this. Yes, I've had much more success than before. Yes, I've had a long term relationship with a girl I really liked as a result of this. Is there anything else you would like to know?
    powerful can mean a lot of things. If I had anyone in my life that treated people like this, I'd not take kindly to it. It's formulaic. it's presumptive and it's dangerous. I can't really imagine the kind of girl that would responding favorably to basically being fucked with. "hey sorry, I know we're having a really nice conversation, but our five mins are up, talk to you next week!"

This conversation is surreal.

This is the hate thread right? Well, I hate guys that act like that and experiment with girls like that. Show some respect.
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

powerful can mean a lot of things. If I had anyone in my life that treated people like this, I'd not take kindly to it. It's formulaic. it's presumptive and it's dangerous. I can't really imagine the kind of girl that would responding favorably to basically being fucked with. "hey sorry, I know we're having a really nice conversation, but our five mins are up, talk to you next week!"
    Ah, but you see it's nothing like that at all. As I said it's a different mindset. And it's not about fucking with someone, or manipulating, rather changing your own frame of reference. It happens so that any average looking girl, given she's not downright stupid and dumb, has a lot of guys that just pour their attention down on her. Constantly. Everywhere. And hitting on her also constantly and everwhere. If you're that girl... let's make a guess and try to imagine how fast that becomes mundane, boring, irritating and unattractive? Uhmmm... maybe by the age of 15-17? Right, so she's grown up now here's this guy, 20 something years old, doing the same old thing, pouring down attention... like hundreds of other guys are doing. I mean, if you expect a girl to like specifically him among the array of other guys because of just that... boy you're doomed to repeat your own mistakes over and over again. I'll stop right here, because it's really too big of a topic to cover in a hate thread as off-topic material, and you guys clearly don't get it, and try to ridicule me, so I don't feel like investing my time into this more than this.

However, as a final note, next time you're out hanging out with friends or a date, or a girlfriend, just pay attention to what's going on around you. Pay close attention to what women respond when they interact with other guys, what they really like, not what they tell they like. It's two different things. Pay attention to conversations in your local Starbucks, how guys behave in general, how they hold themselves, etc. Doing just this may give you a good clue as to why you may not be doing as great as you wish you were with the ladies. The fastest track is to find a buddy who's good with women, who dates women in droves, not because he's a manipulative jerk, but because women tend to like his company naturally, and compare what he's doing to what you're doing. You're in for a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestyle_X View Post
    This conversation is surreal.

This is the hate thread right? Well, I hate guys that act like that and experiment with girls like that. Show some respect.
    How is learning disrespectful? I'm not agitating to manipulate people. You got it all wrong.

Do you tell the girls that you're doing an experiment with them and a lot of other girls, before you talk about something else?

The fastest track is to find a buddy who's good with women, who dates women in droves, not because he's a manipulative jerk, but because women tend to like his company naturally, and compare what he's doing to what you're doing.
    Hmm, now that you mention this. Actually, one of my best friends is somewhat like this. And to be honest, it makes me rather sick. He's not manipulating anyone, he just dates so much girls it's sick. He has no boundaries. I'm fucking glad I'm not like him.
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

Ah, but you see it's nothing like that at all. As I said it's a different mindset. And it's not about fucking with someone, or manipulating, rather changing your own frame of reference. It happens so that any average looking girl, given she's not downright stupid and dumb, has a lot of guys that just pour their attention down on her. Constantly. Everywhere. And hitting on her also constantly and everwhere. If you're that girl... let's make a guess and try to imagine how fast that becomes mundane, boring, irritating and unattractive? Uhmmm... maybe by the age of 15-17? Right, so she's grown up now here's this guy, 20 something years old, doing the same old thing, pouring down attention... like hundreds of other guys are doing. I mean, if you expect a girl to like specifically him among the array of other guys because of just that... boy you're doomed to repeat your own mistakes over and over again. I'll stop right here, because it's really too big of a topic to cover in a hate thread as off-topic material, and you guys clearly don't get it, and try to ridicule me, so I don't feel like investing my time into this more than this.

However, as a final note, next time you're out hanging out with friends or a date, or a girlfriend, just pay attention to what's going on around you. Pay close attention to what women respond when they interact with other guys, what they really like, not what they tell they like. It's two different things. Pay attention to conversations in your local Starbucks, how guys behave in general, how they hold themselves, etc. Doing just this may give you a good clue as to why you may not be doing as great as you wish you were with the ladies. The fastest track is to find a buddy who's good with women, who dates women in droves, not because he's a manipulative jerk, but because women tend to like his company naturally, and compare what he's doing to what you're doing. You're in for a treat.
    you do realize that I've been married for almost 10 years at this point?

What you're talking about isn't how you treat people you're interested in. It's how you do a sociology experiment. You're setting rules that dictate your behavior rather than letting your instincts and judgement determine the best course of action. Any person that realizes that you're doing this rather than being genuine is going to be disgusted by this.

Remember you used to get those adverts in the back of comic books with books on how to "pick up chicks"...i think i know who bought them!!

I always wanted the x-ray specs!
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

The fastest track is to find a buddy who's good with women, who dates women in droves, not because he's a manipulative jerk, but because women tend to like his company naturally, and compare what he's doing to what you're doing. You're in for a treat.
    I just wanted to pick up on this. Firstly dating women in droves is not a sign of being good with women in fact often in can be more indicative of someone with commitment issues or something else untoward.

Secondly, I myself have been through phases where i have dated a lot of women and phases where i have dated none but neither period suggests i am better with women at one point over another.

I notice in your first post it was very calculative, very much a check list of do's and don'ts but it missed one of the biggies as does your post here. Do be yourself and don't try to make out you are like someone else. I'm not saying you are any different from the guy who dates in droves and so this might be great for you but its clearly bad advice to tell someone to behave in a manner that doesn't fit them at all and ultimately will cause them more heartache.

I have been on the recieving end of calculative behaviour like this and when you realise it it really does become one of the most unnatractive things, i found it to actually be really pitiful and i felt really sorry for this girl. I'm sure you will say what you are saying is completely different but from what you have written it certainly seems to be coming off as such.

Essentially what you are doing or suggesting to do is be a pick up artist, there are methods that will appeal and generate a lot of success in getting women for the short term...I notice you said had a long term relationship with a girl you really liked but maybe you are still just into the teenage mentality that dating is still like a game. Its just your game has gotten more serious and its definitely manipulative. There was a documentry about this on TV recently, guys charging money for courses in picking up women. It followed a guy that was totally shy and unlucky with women and the course promised he would be able to date as many women as he wanted...sounded great! The course worked as thats not at all in question, he was able to get loads of womens numbers and date them as he pleased but it made him ultimately very sad. The documentry illustrated that while the course fulfilled its promise of giving him the skills to date anyone it wasn't making him happy at all and he was never going to find happiness that way.

The true dynamics and laws of attraction are much less contrived, its not something you can follow like an ABC and when you look at it its really quite amazing. Its beyond the scope of this discussion. I don't think MouseMan needs any advice really, he is always himself from what i can tell and he manages to attract women without trying, he is honest with them and unfortunately on this occasion things sucked. I feel that your way of things doesn't allow you to be open, it is very guarded and i am sure stops you feeling any emotionaly pain but maybe thats the way you like it, no one wants to feel pain but you also lose the level of attachment required for a relationship to blossom. I have got some friends who are absolutely natural with girls but its all show, i know these guys and their confidence levels are not all that, sure they can attract women but to be totally open, honest, to be themselves...that scares them which is funny as being yourself is usually the most attractive thing as cliche as it sounds. If you being yourself is to date women following a set of rules then i am sure there are people out there that may gravitate to that but its more than likely that any success keeps them in the dark on your thought process and behaviour which i just feel is not great for a relationship. I wish you all the best but i find it hard to warm to your approach and cannot condone it.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

that's ass dude. One time I was out west working and starting seeing a girl from work. On one of the following trips rather than getting a hotel, I stayed with her. I thought things were going great. She apparently didn't. About halfway through the trip, she cut things off. Not only was it a giant kick in the nuts, but it also meant I had to still stay there for a few days because there were no available hotel rooms.

In hindsight, I don't think there's much I could do. All you can do is do your thing, hope the person you're seeing is being honest. Shutting yourself away won't protect you. It won't keep you safe. It just means that if someone awesome does come, you'll miss out because you're too worried about getting hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    that's ass. i've been down that road recently and it sucks balls.
    Yeah situations like this definitely suck. But looking back at it there was nothing I could have done differently, I got played and there is nothing I can do about that. I know shutting myself away isn't going to help things, and I regret having done it for the past two years so I am not going to let it happen again, but its just hard when I finally decide to put myself out there again I get a repeat performance. I am sure things will turn around for me and the right girl will come around sometime.

Yeah he can try that, but it's still no guaranty that the same thing won't happen again. It's hard to keep your emotions on a leash. That is, for me.. But hey, maybe the next girl is perfect. It's impossible to know, but better so maybe. Or maybe take a break for a while.
    You know what? Just do whatever you like to do! As long as you're happy and enjoy life and forget about shitty times like this. Kick some ass dude!
    Haha thanks man! I like that advice a lot!
    Last edited by mouseman004; 04-06-2011 at 08:09 PM.
    Later Days

linsee
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseman004 View Post
    Now I realise this doesn't seem like a big deal to others, I was only seeing her for 4 weeks, who cares. But the reason I am so rattled really has nothing to do with this girl specifically, but is because this almost exact situation happened to me about 2 years ago (with a girl I was in love with) and it killed me back then. I haven't let myself get attached to anyone since then. After this new girl initiates everything with me I finally decide it is okay to allow myself to get attached/involved with someone again, and this is what I get for it.
    If it feels like a big deal, it is a big deal for you, so don't apologize dude. You can't help how you feel,or don't for that matter.
    My advice is not to let emotions and feelings take hold so quickly, and kind of try to keep all the awesome stuff at bay for awhile. Speaking from experience, I used to get super stoked over new dudes right away, only to end up feeling extra crushed when it doesn't work out. Learning to feel emotions without it being at maximum output is a nice feeling. A balance, so to speak. It's something I struggled with myself. And, I could be way off base how you're feeling, if so, you can disregard all this. :)

Do you tell the girls that you're doing an experiment with them and a lot of other girls, before you talk about something else?
    A lot of serious experiments need to be conducted without people knowing about them to get unbiased, more accurate results. I take all responsibility for treating people decently and properly while doing this. Also, it's in quotation marks throughout this thread for a reason. I'm not a Ph.D. in social sciences, I'm just fumbling my way with whatever knowledge and creativity I have. And I strive to improve, and I can see no other better, more effective way that to try out different things, receive the feedback, adjust my ideas, practices and move on. This is actually learning and it involves making mistakes, hurting somebody else and yourself in the process. That's life!

The only difference you guys talk about is that I'm aware and conscious of my efforts to the extent when I can give them structural description. Fundamentally, I'm not doing anything new or outrageously indecent.

Hmm, now that you mention this. Actually, one of my best friends is somewhat like this. And to be honest, it makes me rather sick. He's not manipulating anyone, he just dates so much girls it's sick. He has no boundaries. I'm fucking glad I'm not like him.
    Because you tend to have a different value system and understanding of how things work. It's just like a billionaire investor and a poor man, both have very different understanding of how money works, what value it brings and how to handle it. To some extnet, they're living in different realities.

you do realize that I've been married for almost 10 years at this point?
    Of course, but that doesn't make you automatically an expert in dating and relationships. In fact, many married people are clueless when it comes to relationships and have terrible skills (all kinds of skills).

What you're talking about isn't how you treat people you're interested in. It's how you do a sociology experiment. You're setting rules that dictate your behavior rather than letting your instincts and judgement determine the best course of action. Any person that realizes that you're doing this rather than being genuine is going to be disgusted by this.
    I started our with condensed, factual message to give an outline of an idea to someone who, I assume, isn't quite aware of the effects of his current course of action. It'd be a suicide to write a mini-book as an Internet forum advice attempt to someone who may not even care about that.

The problem is that your view is limited, you just keep on clinging to whatever you want to see in that what I write, completely neglecting everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    I just wanted to pick up on this. Firstly dating women in droves is not a sign of being good with women in fact often in can be more indicative of someone with commitment issues or something else untoward
    Thank you for your input, but as I said you guys terribly misinterpret what I'm saying. I made it clear that it's a lot more complex than that (what I wrote in the first post that kicked off this discussion), and that it will backfire on someone who keeps on doing this mindlessly and forever. It's funny that all you choose to see is the manipulation and assumed issues with me as a person.

Thread Information