Thread: Mr. Freeman Part 0

Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar

Mr. Freeman Part 0

http://www.vimeo.com/17589726

Check this out, it's VERY big in Russian speaking world. This Mr. Freeman is an anonymous Internet phenomenon. It stirred a lot of debate and discussions. Some love him, others genuinely hate and believe he's dangerous.

The original videos are all in Russian, whoever made this English version... it's pretty good. There are a lot more videos like this out there, but I've seen only this one in English.

Quote Originally Posted by xCrucialDudex View Post
    It stirred a lot of debate and discussions. Some love him, others genuinely hate and believe he's dangerous.
    Isn't this just philosophy? I thought this has been debated and discussed before. How on earth can he be dangerous, why are people acting so weird about this over there? It's obvious that Gordon is freaking out about Portal 2 stealing his fans, he's just losing it!
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    i couldnt understand anything the little dude said
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifestyle_X View Post
    Isn't this just philosophy? I thought this has been debated and discussed before. How on earth can he be dangerous, why are people acting so weird about this over there? It's obvious that Gordon is freaking out about Portal 2 stealing his fans, he's just losing it!
    Yeah, a little of philosophy can indeed be found in his rants, true. But it's more of rants perhaps than anything else, throughout all his/-er videos (about ten of them so far), he covers different topics. One of his main themes is laziness, apathy and, according to him/-er/them?, people's lost ability to think critically, submission to pop culture and, of course, tremendous hatred towards TV and media, current government, it seems, too. Mr. Freeman also covered briefly prostitution, speculated that people are being conditioned to accept "human farming", as in eating fellow human beings.

The issue here is that he's never too direct, sending mostly subliminal messages, via narration and visual techniques. His main message is really unclear up to date. Perhaps, that is why many consider him dangerous. He certainly provokes some thought and given he leaves a lot of room for interpretation of his message, no wonder there are people scoffing at him, or even afraid of him, calling him dangerous.

Some seriously believe he's just a troll of pro level, some that he wants people to revolt.

As far as I'm concerned, it seems he's trying to tell people that they should think for themselves, critically, and change their lives from consuming lifestyle coupled with laziness, apathy for life, to lives of pursuit of self-knowledge and understanding the world around them on their own terms, rather then submit to some propaganda and blindly follow and tolerate their governments. But then again, there's no telling what he's actually talking about. He's always too vague and purposefully baffles the viewer.

it's interesting. I think i need to take control of my life. Maybe tomorrow...

Thread Information