Thread: Anyone got a good vegetable chili recipe?

Anyone got a good vegetable chili recipe?

I am probably gonna make my own recipe but i would love to get some ideas from people... i am looking for something that doesnt use a bunch of processed food products, i want to use fresh vegetables/beans and spices exclusively... but ideas of what vegetables that i might not have thought of that would really benefit me would be awesome!! thanks in advance for any input!!
    My support has no conditions, I will always have your back.

Quote Originally Posted by easy View Post
    I am probably gonna make my own recipe but i would love to get some ideas from people... i am looking for something that doesnt use a bunch of processed food products, i want to use fresh vegetables/beans and spices exclusively... but ideas of what vegetables that i might not have thought of that would really benefit me would be awesome!! thanks in advance for any input!!
    spice stuff would be pretty much the same for meat/no meat.
    you could probably get away with using some really meaty mushrooms like portabella and shitake. stuff like turnip or lentils would probably work too to add some bulk. we've made it a few times with cranberries added to it and it works really well.

not chili, but we're making this tonight/tomorrow http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Apricot...up/Detail.aspx
    and you should be able to adapt it easily to just use vegetable stock.

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    spice stuff would be pretty much the same for meat/no meat.
    you could probably get away with using some really meaty mushrooms like portabella and shitake. stuff like turnip or lentils would probably work too to add some bulk. we've made it a few times with cranberries added to it and it works really well.

not chili, but we're making this tonight/tomorrow http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Apricot...up/Detail.aspx
    and you should be able to adapt it easily to just use vegetable stock.
    wow that stuff looks good man... good catch there! i gotta try that
    My support has no conditions, I will always have your back.

linsee
    not a veggie, but I've been enjoying rice in my veggie chili lately. it adds some bulk to it. I also use tons of different kinds of beans, along with peppers, onion, garlic, and cilantro.

Thread Information