Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sick of people on IRC

Sick of people on IRC

I am SO sick of IRC! It seems no matter WHAT channel I go to of any kind, I am expected to put up with people bragging about getting drunk (at the very least). I go off on 'em saying I can't care to hear about it and to STFU, basically.

Needless to say, they tell me I'm *really* the one with the problem and that I need to "loosen up a bit" and/or mind my own business. It is my business if they start blabbing in a public channel where I am present. I guess they want me in to join their ranks of drunkenness.

Instead I leave the channel eventually, usually after putting half or more of the users on ignore since they side with the drunk.

WTF is wrong with the world? The clean and sober guy who doesn't want to hear about people's shitty drunken lives is the one who's got the REAL problem, not the drunks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubey View Post
    I am SO sick of IRC! It seems no matter WHAT channel I go to of any kind, I am expected to put up with people bragging about getting drunk (at the very least). I go off on 'em saying I can't care to hear about it and to STFU, basically.

Needless to say, they tell me I'm *really* the one with the problem and that I need to "loosen up a bit" and/or mind my own business. It is my business if they start blabbing in a public channel where I am present. I guess they want me in to join their ranks of drunkenness.

Instead I leave the channel eventually, usually after putting half or more of the users on ignore since they side with the drunk.

WTF is wrong with the world? The clean and sober guy who doesn't want to hear about people's shitty drunken lives is the one who's got the REAL problem, not the drunks.
    Well you do have the problem, the problem is you go to places where people talk about shitty drunken lives. To solve your problem, go elsewhere as going off on them isn't going to do you any favours.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    Well you do have the problem, the problem is you go to places where people talk about shitty drunken lives. To solve your problem, go elsewhere as going off on them isn't going to do you any favours.
    Problem is .... that's nearly everywhere online except here and a few other places.

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Problem is .... that's nearly everywhere online except here and a few other places.
    yeah, but it's just like in real life, but easier.
    you dont want to deal with drunk people, you just dont go to bars.

nobody is forcing you to talk to people online, or even arguing about being a drunk or not. if it bothers you that much that you just have to put people on ignore, maybe you do need to loosen up a little.

in life you're gonna have to deal with all kinds of people, most of those drink and you wont be able to put them on ignore.
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

jamais vu
    I'm hearing stuff like that all the time. From people that I work with and see everyday, from strangers whenever they ask me for a cigarette or at some parties or celebrations where everybody's drinking... This is called society and it really IS going crazy. No matter how hard I try and wish to isolate myself from all the dirt that this world is covered in, i will still be part of that piece-of-shit society and will HAVE to put up with drinking people, smoking people and plain stupid idiots that think they know better. And putting up doesn't exactly mean tolerating. I'm trying to not let myself just go off on all those people cause literally if I let my self go and start telling everyone what I REALLY think about them, i would probably spend my entire life just doing that. But then just think about it... are they even worth your attention? Hell no. So why bother? U know...I used to react just like that and it gave me a hard time, I felt like I'm the only person in the world who really cares...Just let it go. You can change it by letting the evil kill itself. It will all eventually just rot in its own shit.

Hey man, I have friends that drink and smoke. I don't consider them to be dirt.
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

I have to say you are simply in the wrong places then, i don't have this issue, in fact the place i speak about alcohol the most is right here. Its quite easy to find places where alcohol is far from the main focus.

jamais vu
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifestyle_X View Post
    Hey man, I have friends that drink and smoke. I don't consider them to be dirt.
    I wasn't talking about people.

Quote Originally Posted by radical View Post
    No matter how hard I try and wish to isolate myself from all the dirt that this world is covered in, i will still be part of that piece-of-shit society and will HAVE to put up with drinking people, smoking people and plain stupid idiots that think they know better.

But then just think about it... are they even worth your attention? Hell no.

You can change it by letting the evil kill itself. It will all eventually just rot in its own shit.
    I wasn't talking about people.
    Are you sure?

I don't like it when people smoke or get wasted, but it's their own choice. I don't wish 'em to hell. And when they brag about it, I just let 'em and laugh in myself.
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Z-spot Gaming community

jamais vu
    I was replying to Cubey's post about how he's sick of "people bragging about getting drunk".
    There are people who smoke and drink and there are piss-heads and junkies who like to talk trash about those who don't share their opinion. Those are dirt. I used to know a lot of people that I liked to call my friends, but eventually I got tired of watching them get drunk and puke on one another as a favorite pass time activity. Now I lost touch with them. I have no interest in being their fiend nor calling them my friends. After all the real friends are still with me and support me and share my views.
    And real friends or very close people fall under a somewhat different category so to say. Family and friends are out of question here. And I couldn't care less about the others. Especially the retarded internet trolls.

jamais vu
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifestyle_X View Post
    Are you sure?

I don't like it when people smoke or get wasted, but it's their own choice. I don't wish 'em to hell. And when they brag about it, I just let 'em and laugh in myself.
    Take it easy ok? My girlfriend likes to have a glass of wine now and then so I have to get on with it cause I love her. But she never told me how wrong I was about not drinking alcohol or whatever. It's a different story u know...
    And by the way she's giving it up now cause a few months back we got to the point of breaking up because of that. So here you go.
    Last edited by radical; 12-28-2010 at 12:51 PM.

I'm taking it easy.

Z-spot Gaming community

I was replying to Cubey's post about how he's sick of "people bragging about getting drunk".
    There are people who smoke and drink and there are piss-heads and junkies who like to talk trash about those who don't share their opinion. Those are dirt. I used to know a lot of people that I liked to call my friends, but eventually I got tired of watching them get drunk and puke on one another as a favorite pass time activity. Now I lost touch with them. I have no interest in being their fiend nor calling them my friends. After all the real friends are still with me and support me and share my views.
    And real friends or very close people fall under a somewhat different category so to say. Family and friends are out of question here. And I couldn't care less about the others. Especially the retarded internet trolls.
    You are talking trash about people who don't share your opinion...are you dirt too then?

Your friends may share your views but its possible to be friends with people who have differing views on things.

And it sounds like you do care about these "others", you have shown that they stir up quite a vibrant amount of emotion in you. These others or "dirt" are someones friends and family.

Take it easy ok? My girlfriend likes to have a glass of wine now and then so I have to get on with it cause I love her. But she never told me how wrong I was about not drinking alcohol or whatever. It's a different story u know...
    And by the way she's giving it up now cause a few months back we got to the point of breaking up because of that. So here you go.
    So is she giving up because she thinks drinking is wrong or giving up because she knows you think drinking is wrong?

jamais vu
    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    So is she giving up because she thinks drinking is wrong or giving up because she knows you think drinking is wrong?
    Both

Thread Information