Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sick of people on IRC

jamais vu
    I'm pretty sure there are people you are in close contact with who smoke and drink and you still see them and communicate with them. So do I. And it's totally fine! They are good people that just have some bad habits.
    But do they look like this?

Guess not. Well you never know, they might be deep and spiritual and have a nice personality right?
    Last edited by radical; 12-29-2010 at 07:24 PM.

jamais vu
    Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    it would be less tiresome if you got rid of your double standars
    What do u mean?

Quote Originally Posted by radical View Post
    And I don't judge people by their looks and attitude towards drugs and alcohol until I see it and experience it and till I have at least talked to that person.
    When I see a drunk stinky male piece of shit walking with his little daughter hand in had I fear bout the girl cause her father's lost. When I see a young mother holding a baby in one hand and a cigarette in the other and smoking and breathing out smoke which the baby inhales and she's all looking so careless what kind of a mother is that? And THEY raise children, half of which would eventually grow in broken families of alcoholics and junkies. That IS dirt and I will say it again and again.
    Have you talked to them? I guess it's like rodrigo says.

I'm pretty sure there are people you are in close contact with who smoke and drink and you still see them and communicate with them. So do I. And it's totally fine! They are good people that just have some bad habits.
    It's totally fine? You gave us another impression when you were talking about your girlfriend, that you had to put up with her drinking a glass of wine and almost broke up with her for that.
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

jamais vu
    I have absolutely no double standards. I don't think theres something I can do that others can't. What I'm saying is basically comes down to the following: I don't do stuff I don't want others to do to me and I don't want them to do to me what I don't do to them.
    I don't go out yelling I'm straight edge and how I'm right in that and how others are wrong in not being edge. So I don't want them to do it eaither. Mind your own business and I'll mind mine. You don't touch me I don't touch you. Simple as that. THIS IS ALL I WAS SAYING.

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    What do u mean?
    well, "it seems like you think your personal opinion is valid but write things to suggest that others with opinions that oppose yours should not be outspoken because you disagree with them"

sure, you can later post a bunch of pictures of people being drunk and expand or change some of your own concepts to make it look less flawed, but the inconsistency is still there.

and it's particulary hilarious that you actually said this to straightXed
    The only problem here is that you refuse to accept the fact that different people have different opinions and u cannot simply live with it.
    when you've been basically treating everybody who does drugs like "pieces of shit"
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

jamais vu
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifestyle_X View Post
    Have you talked to them? I guess it's like rodrigo says.
    I wouldn't even want to. It's clear to see if a guy is an alcoholic and if he just likes to have a beer no and then. These are the more extreme cases and I'm talking about this kind of people.

It's totally fine? You gave us another impression when you were talking about your girlfriend, that you had to put up with her drinking a glass of wine and almost broke up with her for that.
    Not entirely for that but because of the arguments that we had because of that. And it was not always a glass of wine. It used to be a lot more. And there were lots of other stuff going on that was only making it worse, and i don't want to talk about it.

Is it wrong if I say you start to sound like a walking contradiction?

What I'm saying is basically comes down to the following: I don't do stuff I don't want others to do to me and I don't want them to do to me what I don't do to them.
    Yo dawg I herd yo and yo dawg like yo yos so we put yo dawg in a yo yo so yo can yo yo yo dawg while yo dawg yo yos, dawg.
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

I have absolutely no double standards. I don't think theres something I can do that others can't. What I'm saying is basically comes down to the following: I don't do stuff I don't want others to do to me and I don't want them to do to me what I don't do to them.
    I don't go out yelling I'm straight edge and how I'm right in that and how others are wrong in not being edge. So I don't want them to do it eaither. Mind your own business and I'll mind mine. You don't touch me I don't touch you. Simple as that. THIS IS ALL I WAS SAYING.
    so in your world view this message board should exist?
    cause this is pretty clearly a site where edge kids can basically say how we see stuff.

and isnt your whole part on this discussion about how you are right and the people who get drunk are wrong?
    how is this site different than any other place? non edge people still come here and read, we have a few non edge members who actively post and comment on stuff.

if it's a mind your own business deal, why do you care about what other people say or shout?
    what happens when one of your friends disagree with you and breaks your apparently golden rule of "not challenging your rightness"?
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Yo dawg I herd yo and yo dawg like yo yos so we put yo dawg in a yo yo so yo can yo yo yo dawg while yo dawg yo yos, dawg.
    dude, i dont go out and say nerd stuff in here, so you clearly shouldnt be allowed to do either, i'm gonna delete you from facebook.
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

jamais vu
    when you've been basically treating everybody who does drugs like "pieces of shit"
    First of all you're overgeneralizing. I made my self perfectly clear explaining what and whom I'm treating.
    Second of all I do not suggest that others with opinions that oppose mine should not be outspoken because I disagree with them. I never said that! It just pisses me off to hear it. i never said I was right and my opinion was the universal truth. Remember what this thread was originally about? Being pissed off. That's what it was about. And this is what I'm saying.
    But for some reason you are doing exactly the same things that you think I'm wrong in doing. YOU are now saying that my opinion is flawed. Well I didn't ask what you think did I? I might as well ask you what you think about it and there's a chance I could find your views immature and flawed. Just think about it... :) And now I'm being pressured for just telling what I think without the intent to hurt anyone and provoke this whole fuss by people who just can't tolerate anybody's point of view that opposes their own.
    This is ridiculous.

First of all you're overgeneralizing. I made my self perfectly clear explaining what and whom I'm treating.
    Second of all I do not suggest that others with opinions that oppose mine should not be outspoken because I disagree with them. I never said that! It just pisses me off to hear it. i never said I was right and my opinion was the universal truth. Remember what this thread was originally about? Being pissed off. That's what it was about. And this is what I'm saying.
    But for some reason you are doing exactly the same things that you think I'm wrong in doing. YOU are now saying that my opinion is flawed. Well I didn't ask what you think did I? I might as well ask you what you think about it and there's a chance I could find your views immature and flawed. Just think about it... :) And now I'm being pressured for just telling what I think without the intent to hurt anyone and provoke this whole fuss by people who just can't tolerate anybody's point of view that opposes their own.
    This is ridiculous.
    not really the same thing, sir.

of course i'm saying your view is flawed. it defies logic.

and of course you didnt ask me. but if this is a message board and also known as "forum" where people post what they think and there's an exchange in opinions. here, you can read it on wikipedia if you like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum .
    if you're not willing to get your views challenged, you should have thought about it first.

and no, i'm not doing the same thing you're doing.
    i'm doing what you think drunk people shouldnt do.
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

jamais vu
    I could have said it differently though...my very first post in this thread. I could have just written something like "Yes dude, I totally hear you. There are thousands of people on the internet and in the real world that are giving me a hard time too. And most of them drink and like sharing stories about how drunk they got the night before. It really pisses me off but what can you do? Many men many minds..."
    Would you prefer me writing something like that rather than what I have originally written?
    I was feeling angry because my co-worker spilled a glass of champagne in my face this Sunday at a corporate Christmas party. I thought at least here I could let my self go.

jamais vu
    and no, i'm not doing the same thing you're doing.
    Yes you aren't doing what I'm doing. You're contradicting yourself.

i'm doing what you think drunk people shouldnt do.
    Not "shouldn't do" but "what makes me angry when they do it". See you did it again.
    First you say I'm doing something I'm not, to which i respond and you get me talking about stuff I wasn't even going to say or do... This is not in good faith brother.

jamais vu

Thumbs up

Nice discussion :)

I could have said it differently though...my very first post in this thread. I could have just written something like "Yes dude, I totally hear you. There are thousands of people on the internet and in the real world that are giving me a hard time too. And most of them drink and like sharing stories about how drunk they got the night before. It really pisses me off but what can you do? Many men many minds..."
    Would you prefer me writing something like that rather than what I have originally written?
    I was feeling angry because my co-worker spilled a glass of champagne in my face this Sunday at a corporate Christmas party. I thought at least here I could let my self go.
    not a matter of me wanting you to post something one way or the other.
    i dont think anybody here is trying to force their views onto you, but to challenge them and make you realize the mistakes you made and the flawed logic. if you chose to adress those things or not, it's your business.

it's a different thing to let yourself go and say how much you disliked that situation than what you did though.
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Thread Information