Thread: wikileaks

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar

wikileaks

im really lost at to what's going on with that and Asange.

and considering we got a few different political views around here, it may be fun to see if a discussion generates from this.
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    im really lost at to what's going on with that and Asange.

and considering we got a few different political views around here, it may be fun to see if a discussion generates from this.
    he was arrested on charges of a sexual assault that took place in sweden. I don't think anyone at this point knows if it's real or he's been targeted.

i think wikileaks is awesome!

But i'm a little uncomfortable with the writing off of rape or not wearing a condom thing (which still seems like rape to me). I hope its not true cause i'd hate to see wikileaks deal with a big setback just because Assange is a fucked up guy.

Either way i hope wikileaks stays around and Assange gets justice for what he did or didn't do.

I think people like him need to realize though, that even if he is getting in trouble for something others get away with, if you are fighting the status quo, you gotta be at a higher standard.

Quote Originally Posted by xVeganAnarchistx View Post
    why?

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar

But i'm a little uncomfortable with the writing off of rape or not wearing a condom thing (which still seems like rape to me). I hope its not true cause i'd hate to see wikileaks deal with a big setback just because Assange is a fucked up guy.

Either way i hope wikileaks stays around and Assange gets justice for what he did or didn't do.

I think people like him need to realize though, that even if he is getting in trouble for something others get away with, if you are fighting the status quo, you gotta be at a higher standard.
    as much as i dig the idea of transparent goverment moves, specially since the shit the usa and my country did back in the day, i cant really back that much of wikileaks when it comes to publishing documents that may cause damage to works that are in progress that can help us or other people.
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

i like wikileaks because it keeps our governments transparent and tilts the tide from in our favor (or at least pushes back on it). They have so much information about us but we can't find out shit about them. When we submit FOIA requests it comes with half the pages missing and the other half blacked out 80% of the time. Its shit. This stuff keeps governments on their toes and makes it harder for them to lie to us and drag us into wars or to agree with laws that are bought and paid for by Corporations. If we have wikileaks back in the vietnam era, we might have missed that whole mess as soon as the gulf of tonkin thing happened. I mean, imagine how hard it would be to lie to us like it has, knowing full well, that it is a very real possibility that it will all come back to us.

i like wikileaks because it keeps our governments transparent and tilts the tide from in our favor (or at least pushes back on it). They have so much information about us but we can't find out shit about them. When we submit FOIA requests it comes with half the pages missing and the other half blacked out 80% of the time. Its shit. This stuff keeps governments on their toes and makes it harder for them to lie to us and drag us into wars or to agree with laws that are bought and paid for by Corporations. If we have wikileaks back in the vietnam era, we might have missed that whole mess as soon as the gulf of tonkin thing happened. I mean, imagine how hard it would be to lie to us like it has, knowing full well, that it is a very real possibility that it will all come back to us.
    not everything should be transparent though. Not every conversation you have should be public, so why shouldn't it be the same for the governments of the world?

cause governments aren't people. If you have to hide something from the people you are serving, then their seems like their is something wrong.

cause governments aren't people. If you have to hide something from the people you are serving, then their seems like their is something wrong.
    so again, all of your conversations are public and everyone around you knows everything you've ever said about them? The dynamics of the situation dictate somethings being public and somethings being private. The dynamics of your interpersonal relationships aren't that different from the dynamics of diplomacy.

Thread Information