Thread: Captain America

Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar

Captain America

I know there is quite a bit of comics geeks around on this forum but I don't know if you like Marvel and/or Captain America in particular... but I thought I'd ask anyway.

As you're probably aware Marvel is working on Captain America movie and I'm wondering how people are feeling about this venture.

Don't you think this movie can turn out really corny and irrelevant to anyone but hardcore comic book fans? They're planning on devoting a good chunk of time to WWII events in this movie so it's going to be an old Captain America fighting nazis and stuff.

Anyway, your thoughts ladies and gentlemen!
    Last edited by xCrucialDudex; 10-12-2010 at 06:54 AM. Reason: haha fixed typos, didn't mean to offend anyone! xD

I was always amazed by Captain America when I was little. I watched lots of cartoons on tv, Superman, Superwoman, Batman, Spiderman, etc etc but the one time I saw Captain America in one of those.. I was blown away. Don't know why tho.
    But yeah, if I hear it's any good I'll go !
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestyle_X View Post
    I was always amazed by Captain America when I was little. I watched lots of cartoons on tv, Superman, Superwoman, Batman, Spiderman, etc etc but the one time I saw Captain America in one of those.. I was blown away. Don't know why tho.
    But yeah, if I hear it's any good I'll go !
    What a surprising reply huh!

Dude I feel the same. I can't explain why but the first moment I saw cap I was like OMFG! (okay I didn't really swear that much when I was little) I LIKE THIS DUDE!

We didn't have Marvel comics at those times when I was little (early 90's) in Ukraine or at least those cities I lived in. I maybe wrong on this one but I never saw a Captain America comic book anywhere. The only place I got to see him was a NES video game Captain America and The Avengers. The Cap captivated my attention and love for him immediately.

Now that I'm considerably older sometimes I think about what exactly it was that provoked such a powerful response. When I first came into touch with this superhero character I knew literally nothing about it, its background and Marvel universe. Not a bit. All I saw was how it looked in that game and how he fought. I think his costume, and specifically color scheme were very powerful and cool looking. That's one thing, the other was even though I could hardly understand the dialogs in the game (yeah, they all were in English or Japanese or whatever language they came in, no translations like in modern video games) somehow I realized and sensed that cap was a good guy and that he was extremely good. That talks to me.

I don't know, it's hard to explain really but I like the character now even more that I discovered his character traits through original comics. Of course, this nazi fight in comic books comes off as corny today (I haven't made it yet to more recent issues), and a little weird since it's America's idealized fight against Axis Powers which was ... let us say not as of big scale as my ex-countries', the Soviet Union... America's contributions seem hugely exaggerated as portrayed in these comic books but all-in-all the whole world can relate to the character in this respect since almost everyone suffered from Axis Powers' devastating aggression.

Overly loyal to his principles, vigilant, fighting for justice and liberty for all, a field commander and soldier himself, true leader. All of that... that talks to me.

America in Captain America... this is kind of magic word to me and I don't really understand why. I'm working on it, though.

So yeah, I guess I'm trying to say I can relate xD

I think his name, his shield, and the fact that he was rarely on cartoons here in Belgium made me think 'Darn, this must be one hell of a superhero !'. I never read marvel or dc comics or whatever. Only Belgian stuff like Suske & Wiske, De Rode Ridder (the Red Knight), Kuifje (Tintin), Jommeke, ...
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Z-spot Gaming community

I think his name, his shield, and the fact that he was rarely on cartoons here in Belgium made me think 'Darn, this must be one hell of a superhero !'. I never read marvel or dc comics or whatever. Only Belgian stuff like Suske & Wiske, De Rode Ridder (the Red Knight), Kuifje (Tintin), Jommeke, ...
    Elusive coolness eh? :)

Whadya mean ?

Z-spot Gaming community

Whadya mean ?
    I mean it's a little hard to grasp what really makes one think why Captain America is such a cool character.

Couldn't agree more.

Z-spot Gaming community

Thread Information