Thread: I need some advice

Unregistered User HugeFanofBadReligion's Avatar

I need some advice

So, about a month and a half ago, while I was off at the beach for a few days, my girlfriend texted me telling me she had something important to tell me. A couple nights before she had gotten drunk and smoked pot with a few people I don't know at all. I was extremely upset, considering she had promised me she wouldn't do anythin like that. We talked about it and all that, but every now and then I still just get madder than ever when I think about it. I also feel awful getting angry considering I shouldn't police her life, but she isn't exactly one to break a promise. I'm just curious as to what any of you think about the whole situation

Quote Originally Posted by HugeFanofBadReligion View Post
    So, about a month and a half ago, while I was off at the beach for a few days, my girlfriend texted me telling me she had something important to tell me. A couple nights before she had gotten drunk and smoked pot with a few people I don't know at all. I was extremely upset, considering she had promised me she wouldn't do anythin like that. We talked about it and all that, but every now and then I still just get madder than ever when I think about it. I also feel awful getting angry considering I shouldn't police her life, but she isn't exactly one to break a promise. I'm just curious as to what any of you think about the whole situation
    are you mad that she got drunk and smoked or that she did something she said she wouldn't?

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    i dont know, dude. i wouldnt pressure her into fitting a drug free mold.

and if you cant accept the desicions she made, you'll always be upset about it.
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    are you mad that she got drunk and smoked or that she did something she said she wouldn't?
    Both

Both
    why are you mad about it?

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    why are you mad about it?
    She had told me once that trying drugs or drinking didn't mean as much to her as our relationship. And she also knows how I feel about them, being edge and all.

i know how you feel, my ex-girlfriend (3 days :-( ) drank and was not vegan, and they made me uncomfortable, but policing her or making her feel bad about it won't help, i mean make the arguments but if its not a conscious and free choice on her part, its not going to work out. You have to deal with that she is into something you are not. And about the promise part, i know how you feel and that can suck but again, if she was pressured (not that you did) into saying she didn't like that shit anymore, you can't blame her completely. Anyways good luck and i hope you can figure it out

well im not the best one to give advice so i wont! BUT in my personal experience, the girls that i dated before that drank and stuff always felt like crap about themselves when they were with me... they said stuff like 'i wish i was like you' and horseshit like that and it just never worked out... and then i ended up marrying a girl who is edge and its been 7 years of marriage and we are able to focus on more important things in our lives than each others way of living so it has worked out... i know this is in no way relevant to the topic since each individuals life is different, i'm just sharing my experience... sorry for the interruption!
    My support has no conditions, I will always have your back.

Thanks guys. I appreciate your help. In all honesty I haven't felt more accepting of myself since I became edge and Atheist, and it's really cool in my opinion to be able to share that with other people. Fuck, there's none around my school, that's for sure
    In the words of Dan "Soupy" Campbell

I'm not sad anymore

Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar
    I think you need to adjust your problem statement. Alternatively, you need a new girlfriend. The one that neither smokes nor does anything that upsets you and makes you want to police her life.

There's also plenty of women who don't smoke at all and don't drink heavily. And most of them ARE NOT straight edge. Trust me on this one, I know what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by xCrucialDudex; 09-09-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Thread Information