Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: so many questions

  1. #16
    attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,750
    Quote Originally Posted by xupthepunxx View Post
    haha so true, and thanks to everyone for such welcoming and honest remarks. I am pretty good at blocking out shitty people anyways (if they don't understand). My parents were so excited when I was talking to them about it.. that makes me sound like I was some alcoholic druggie, which rest assured I was not. I think they just were really proud of this decision to better my life.

    And yes, Canada is pretty rad..very laid back. Congrats on the marriage and moving here, I will be in the same proximity as you.. I am moving to Mississauga in exactly 1 month, which if you arent aware it right beside Toronto!

    Thanks again!
    My parent's were supportive as well, but my dad was a bit offended I guess, because we have a huge wineyard...

    haha, wow what a small world. Only the wedding is going to be in Toronto, I'm moving to Mississauga, my fiancÚ lives there. Why are you moving there?

  2. #17
    Registered User xupthepunxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10
    haha thats some what funny.. but good they were supportive!

    weeeeiiirddd lol, uhm I am moving there because I am in love with the city (more so toronto) and I am looking to just get away from my current location. My roomate is going back to school in the area and needed a roomate and as did I, soooo here we are. July 3rd cant wait!

  3. #18
    attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,750
    Quote Originally Posted by xupthepunxx View Post
    haha thats some what funny.. but good they were supportive!

    weeeeiiirddd lol, uhm I am moving there because I am in love with the city (more so toronto) and I am looking to just get away from my current location. My roomate is going back to school in the area and needed a roomate and as did I, soooo here we are. July 3rd cant wait!
    i see. I bet we'll see each other at random shows in the area. I really hope I'll have the opportunity to go to a show in the three weeks I'm spending there this summer.
    There are some cool record stores in TO too, if you're into vinyl.

  4. #19
    Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,561
    Quote Originally Posted by xupthepunxx View Post
    Thanks I appreciate your opinion/advice..
    oh and scoughing, I meant like people kind of looking down upon it or thinking its a joke or that I won't last type deal.
    s'all good, thanks again man!
    Are you out of your mind? I'm personally SO PROUD of people consciously giving up on drugs and any bad habits in general. All the more pride if they've been through some twists in their lives but made the right (subjectively, of course!) decision. I mean look at yourself.... straight edge scene definitely needs more HOT girls like yourself ***that like comics AND __star wars__ AAAAND take interest in nerding***.

  5. #20
    Registered User xupthepunxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10
    haha thanks! I am excited for this. :)

  6. #21
    Token Canadian mouseman004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pickering/Waterloo, Ontario (Canada)
    Posts
    2,363
    Quote Originally Posted by xupthepunxx View Post
    I
    I live in Ontario, Kitchener right now.. moving to Toronto in exactly a month!
    That is awesome! I live in Pickering right now, but I am moving to Waterloo in September for school.

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtD View Post

    Oh cool, there are a few canadians on here. I'm a future canadian myself, I'm getting married in Toronto in august and will move there next year. I can't wait.
    Um.....I expect a hangout while you are in town. And congrats!
    Later Days

  7. #22
    attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,750
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseman004 View Post
    Um.....I expect a hangout while you are in town. And congrats!
    thanks! yeah, it'd be cool to meet up. We're flying out 22nd of august and will spend the first week with setting up stuff and preparing for the wedding(28th), and then we go on honeymoon to Montreal, so we're gonna have to talk about it. I'm coming back on the 11th of september. I'm really hoping to check out a show in TO.

  8. #23
    Token Canadian mouseman004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pickering/Waterloo, Ontario (Canada)
    Posts
    2,363
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtD View Post
    thanks! yeah, it'd be cool to meet up. We're flying out 22nd of august and will spend the first week with setting up stuff and preparing for the wedding(28th), and then we go on honeymoon to Montreal, so we're gonna have to talk about it. I'm coming back on the 11th of september. I'm really hoping to check out a show in TO.
    That is awesome man, we will definately have to set something up if you have some time in that intense schedule.
    Later Days

  9. #24
    Taxi Driver Lifestyle_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,191
    Whoaa meeting sounds awesome. I hope for you guys you can plan something, I wish I could be a part of it.. Have fun !
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

    visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

  10. #25
    attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,750
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseman004 View Post
    That is awesome man, we will definately have to set something up if you have some time in that intense schedule.
    yeah, I'll let you know for sure!

  11. #26
    Registered User xupthepunxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10
    sorry to break up the chat, but I have more questions lol

    I have been doing lots of reading and what not, I get caffiene is considered a drug but I know a few sxe people who still have a morning coffee, is it kind of do whats right for you, or is that going against what sxe stands for?

  12. #27
    ..... straightXed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,530
    Quote Originally Posted by xupthepunxx View Post
    sorry to break up the chat, but I have more questions lol

    I have been doing lots of reading and what not, I get caffiene is considered a drug but I know a few sxe people who still have a morning coffee, is it kind of do whats right for you, or is that going against what sxe stands for?
    Its more a case of people not really taking the time to look at it and evaluating it, like you are taking the time to ask questions. Many people don't bother, most people who are edge and drink caffeine have never really questioned why using that drug is ok and yet others aren't, in fact many don't even think it is a drug and just have a skewed perception of how its completely different based on the fact it is so socially acceptable.

    But yes, it is definitely about what is right for you in the first instance, if you examine the use of caffeine and have no issues with it then i would definitely suggest feeling free with that thought and not forcing yourself to think something you don't believe in order to fit a predefined mold...like a stance against recreational drug use. I think if you don't think its wrong and don't agree with those that say it is then you will always be better off following what you think but remember to question yourself and your reasoning. If someone does say they are edge and yet uses caffeine then you have to wonder how they reconcile and marry up the action of using a drug with the belief that recreational drugs are wrong.

    Bottom line is, don't give up caffeine because straightedge says to, give it up because you believe its unneccesary and you don't want to use it...same goes for all drugs really, being honest with what you think and who you are is definitely the most important factor in doing whats right for you. It really doesnt matter if you go against straightedge so much, what i believe matters more is going against yourself. Straightedge won't fit everyone and will fail to describe all people but its a great place to source inspiration and find people that question things enough to sway from the accepted norm.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

  13. #28
    Registered User easy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DC area
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    Its more a case of people not really taking the time to look at it and evaluating it, like you are taking the time to ask questions. Many people don't bother, most people who are edge and drink caffeine have never really questioned why using that drug is ok and yet others aren't, in fact many don't even think it is a drug and just have a skewed perception of how its completely different based on the fact it is so socially acceptable.

    But yes, it is definitely about what is right for you in the first instance, if you examine the use of caffeine and have no issues with it then i would definitely suggest feeling free with that thought and not forcing yourself to think something you don't believe in order to fit a predefined mold...like a stance against recreational drug use. I think if you don't think its wrong and don't agree with those that say it is then you will always be better off following what you think but remember to question yourself and your reasoning. If someone does say they are edge and yet uses caffeine then you have to wonder how they reconcile and marry up the action of using a drug with the belief that recreational drugs are wrong.

    Bottom line is, don't give up caffeine because straightedge says to, give it up because you believe its unneccesary and you don't want to use it...same goes for all drugs really, being honest with what you think and who you are is definitely the most important factor in doing whats right for you. It really doesnt matter if you go against straightedge so much, what i believe matters more is going against yourself. Straightedge won't fit everyone and will fail to describe all people but its a great place to source inspiration and find people that question things enough to sway from the accepted norm.

    have u seen those dumbass straight edge shirts that say its ok to drink caffeine?
    My support has no conditions, I will always have your back.

  14. #29
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by easy View Post
    have u seen those dumbass straight edge shirts that say its ok to drink caffeine?
    toby morse.

  15. #30
    ..... straightXed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,530
    Quote Originally Posted by easy View Post
    have u seen those dumbass straight edge shirts that say its ok to drink caffeine?
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    toby morse.
    i have seen them but didn't know it was to do with toby
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •