Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: annoyed to no end

Teratus
    I hear the second one alot more than the first

it does effect my life to
    being straight edge makes it harder for me to make friends and find a partner

most people want drinking buddys
    they want friends they can get trashed with

and girls like to have fun

people find me really boring because im straight edge
    I still wouldnt sellout though

I'd rather be alone than betray what i belive in

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    I myself have heard the first response a multitude of times but have never heard the second response
    Same, but there are a few that give the second response. I don't really care about those people, but one of 'em is a really good friend. He's annoying me pretty hard lately, and now that I think about it most of the time I knew him. It's not that he does it on purpose or with the goal to annoy me, it's the way he is and that's the sad thing about it. He's an awesome guy and I love him, but just the way he is and how he can contradict himself.. That's probably just one thing that bothers me.
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

We live in an apartment and the people that used to live under us were crack and drinking all day long. They moved,but I sometimes still see her at the store she works and she's always threatening that she's going to sneak in my window and stuff crack in my mouth or alcohol,joking she tells me. She told me its pathetic to be "clean" and "edge" and the only reason I don't is because I'm just a f*cking pussy who doesn't "want to trip into an alternate dimension." No,I don't want to f*uck myself out of knowing what IS real or see people on TV doing it either because I did stupid stuff growing up and came sooo close to ending my life IN one of those "alternate" places. Other people are like "well we ALLLL have problems and we commiserate and party to make life 'easier' you know." So I'm going to another store and still can't believe how this world is at times. One more thing,she one time gave me a website for a petition to ban alc. Commercials before I really knew her that was a site pro-meth and gives out "recipes" for the s*it. So it can be said that we all know what its like to be judged by those addicted people. Lucky and blessed that we can live in places whether apartments,neighborhoods or just plain ole mother earth and be united in bravery,courage,strength and friendship to say NO and stand proud,tall and straight edge for life. Thank you all for being here and giving a solid wall to continue being clean and knowing were not alone. Wow that's long,LOL! :D

Quote Originally Posted by pryncessXxX View Post
    We live in an apartment and the people that used to live under us were crack and drinking all day long. They moved,but I sometimes still see her at the store she works and she's always threatening that she's going to sneak in my window and stuff crack in my mouth or alcohol,joking she tells me. She told me its pathetic to be "clean" and "edge" and the only reason I don't is because I'm just a f*cking pussy who doesn't "want to trip into an alternate dimension." No,I don't want to f*uck myself out of knowing what IS real or see people on TV doing it either because I did stupid stuff growing up and came sooo close to ending my life IN one of those "alternate" places. Other people are like "well we ALLLL have problems and we commiserate and party to make life 'easier' you know." So I'm going to another store and still can't believe how this world is at times. One more thing,she one time gave me a website for a petition to ban alc. Commercials before I really knew her that was a site pro-meth and gives out "recipes" for the s*it. So it can be said that we all know what its like to be judged by those addicted people. Lucky and blessed that we can live in places whether apartments,neighborhoods or just plain ole mother earth and be united in bravery,courage,strength and friendship to say NO and stand proud,tall and straight edge for life. Thank you all for being here and giving a solid wall to continue being clean and knowing were not alone. Wow that's long,LOL! :D
    all I know is that pretty much all of life's problems can be solved by smoking crack.

Teratus
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    all I know is that pretty much all of life's problems can be solved by smoking crack.
    haha i hear that every day XD

That's right. I hear people say drugs help and they end up with more problems after doing drugs. I don't get it. And then they use more and more money to get the same feeling each time. Or they come after you for money. Yike!

Teratus
    Not to mention the ammount of money that gets sent out to other countries due to the drugs trade

in a way people say its our choice it doesnt concern you

then again the country that i live in is loosing money every year because of soo many issues not just drugs

but on the drugs site of it technically drug users habbits are causing my country to suffer which in the end only makes my life more dificult due to maybe tax raise for exsample

tbh there is a cause and effect for everything in this world

everything we do as individuals will have some impact on another
    it maybe good or bad but its not something we can avoid

Quote Originally Posted by Teratus View Post
    In the Uk

The Violent side of straight edge isnt well known

when I tell people I am edge most of the time they dont know what it means

then when i exsplain i dont drink etc there are always two resposes

Wow thats brilliant i could never do that its really cool you can live like that

or the more common one

Hahaha you dont drink you dont know what your missing
    you have no life you should come out and get pissed and wrecked on drugs
    its a great laugh your wasting your life if you dont....
    This is too true. I don't get the second response often fortunately, but I do try to associate with sensible, intellient people which might be why. :P Some people are just so engrossed in this 'hey, its friday...time to go get pissed for no reason' mentality that they don't get that you can do other things, and have fun doing them.

Teratus
    Quote Originally Posted by xAdamSx View Post
    This is too true. I don't get the second response often fortunately, but I do try to associate with sensible, intellient people which might be why. :P Some people are just so engrossed in this 'hey, its friday...time to go get pissed for no reason' mentality that they don't get that you can do other things, and have fun doing them.

Yea i know

Thats one of the points I used to try and bring accross years back when i used to go out

but all people ever used to do was offer me drink and drugs so i stopped going out

Quote Originally Posted by Teratus View Post
    I hear the second one alot more than the first

it does effect my life to
    being straight edge makes it harder for me to make friends and find a partner

most people want drinking buddys
    they want friends they can get trashed with

and girls like to have fun

people find me really boring because im straight edge
    I still wouldnt sellout though

I'd rather be alone than betray what i belive in
    I too have the same problem. Everyone always wonders just what the hell am I doing on friday nights if I dont go out and get wasted with others. Well for excample I draw, spend time with my family, exercise and do something creative. I actually accomplish much more than the people who spend their free time drinking with others and ruining their lifes with decisions they do when they're drunk. The downside of being edge is that it's hard to find new friends. But even though I have never drinked, used drugs or smoked I still think that If I started to do all those,in a way or another my life wouldnt get any better. I have a friend or two who I see now and then, but actually no one, who would listen to me and actually like me that much.

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnXXX View Post
    The downside of being edge is that it's hard to find new friends. But even though I have never drinked, used drugs or smoked I still think that If I started to do all those,in a way or another my life wouldnt get any better. I have a friend or two who I see now and then, but actually no one, who would listen to me and actually like me that much.
    good friends come in different shapes and they dont always have to be edge or drug free.
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    good friends come in different shapes and they dont always have to be edge or drug free.
    yeah but it's not fun to have friends who only talk about being wasted and stuff. My opinions are way different than theirs. They have their own circles and everyone thinks that im just boring for not drinking. thats why they don't hang out with me that much.even this morning the first thing I heard when I came to class was " My life has been normalized. I went to three different bars last saturday!" There's really nothing I could talk about with them because their life enfolds around alcohol and drugs.

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnXXX View Post
    yeah but it's not fun to have friends who only talk about being wasted and stuff. My opinions are way different than theirs. They have their own circles and everyone thinks that im just boring for not drinking. thats why they don't hang out with me that much.even this morning the first thing I heard when I came to class was " My life has been normalized. I went to three different bars last saturday!" There's really nothing I could talk about with them because their life enfolds around alcohol and drugs.
    oh, then screw 'em!
    if theydont like to hang out with you then they suck.
    but if you find new friends, just look for the important stuff... edgeness is always a really cool thing to add to everybody, but not always a necessity
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

This is my personal perspective, sometimes no matter how much you appreciate your friends, you'll still end up feeling like you're betraying yourself by associating yourself with them. I don't have any other edge friends and most of my other friends respect my choices but I find it increasingly hard to respect theirs. They mostly drink excessively/smoke/do other shit so I'm definitely alone in the crowd when we all meet up. I kinda feel, in this aspect at least, that I should be able to be on a level with the people I call my friends and not question why I'm around them.

Thread Information