Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does lol mean

What does lol mean

So I was always under the impression I knew what lol meant and thought it just to think it was retarded how it gets used. I was lucky enough to come across new depths of retardness with this term today. Someone unfortunately passed away and a guy I know wrote of this on facebook, his comment was something like "I will miss you my thoughts go out to your family lol". There was a comment asking why it was funny and his reply was "that's a sad face not a happy face, I'm devastated lol". What's going on? I can't handle people anymore, they are insanely stupid. Maybe it's me, maybe I am just out of touch Internet lingo to drastic lengths. If however it's not me and it is them, will someone please make them stop?!
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    So I was always under the impression I knew what lol meant and thought it just to think it was retarded how it gets used. I was lucky enough to come across new depths of retardness with this term today. Someone unfortunately passed away and a guy I know wrote of this on facebook, his comment was something like "I will miss you my thoughts go out to your family lol". There was a comment asking why it was funny and his reply was "that's a sad face not a happy face, I'm devastated lol". What's going on? I can't handle people anymore, they are insanely stupid. Maybe it's me, maybe I am just out of touch Internet lingo to drastic lengths. If however it's not me and it is them, will someone please make them stop?!
    i've tried, doesnt seem to work
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

That is dumb. lol doesn't work in that context even a little bit.
    Later Days

linsee
    I was just on chat roulette and someone typed lol and definitely were not laughing out loud. I nexted them.

Some people from the "older generation" use lol for "lots of love."

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaRant View Post
    Some people from the "older generation" use lol for "lots of love."
    He's 28 but that would make more sense...although that means he is saying lots of love at a million and one innappropiate places too!!

attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by SgtD View Post
    lol!
    Oh no, i am very sorry to hear of your loss.

attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    Oh no, i am very sorry to hear of your loss.
    thank you. lol <--- this is one of those spaceships from star wars!

good ol' TIE fighter :-) ..
    Take the time. Don't be blind. You will find. An open mind. There's no need for you to tell me what I've done wrong. I can, can see, all this contradiction around me. I just, just want, I want to be free. Don't question my actions. I never said that I was flawless

Lol

I guess her was going for TOT which is like tears pouring out of the eyes mouth open crying. Still as far as I know that's from a kinda cutesy Japanese style emoticon and still pretty inappropriate. Kinda like "I lost my shoe ToT" (translate ToT=waaaaa) so both ways guys an idiot.

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    maybe it was a guy drowing in the sea

I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    maybe it was a guy drowing in the sea

Awesome!
    Later Days

Originally lol was short for lots of love and in some cases ,like the one you mentioned, it is still used that way. Most of the time when lol is written its expressing that something was funny or amusing but i don't believe in the previously mentioned facebook post humor was being expressed.

Thread Information