Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your guys opinion on edge militant

xplan_Bx
    Im all for soberity and getting the pure message out there and trust me I do, ie online work, pettions, rally work stuff like that, even simple stuff as wearing SE clothes to brodcast the message and people ask me all the time about them and my tattoos and what it all means. But I am not violent by any means. I do not tarnish the SE message or reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by xplan_Bx View Post
    Where have I said any any post that I am forcing views on anyone? I have said I actually discourage it most of the time. I am not militant by any means. I do not beat up random Joe for smoking or not being SE. The only time I have a problem is when people jump on the SE band wagon or cause it is cool this school year or what have you. The only times I have been in fights for being SE is when it was started by others because I was SE and they did not like that.
    "allowing people to smear or ruin a reputation or take this as a big old joke."
    The only way to stop people from doing that is by forcing your views on them. Why would you actively discourage someone from trying to live sober? I mean, can't you see that what you're talking about is a losing battle? I've know people over the years that were really deeply committed to straight edge. And then something happened in their life and it wasn't who/what they were about anymore. There's no way to know ahead of time who will or won't sellout. There's no way of knowing that you or I tomorrow won't have something change in our life that makes living sober not make sense. That doesn't mean that people shouldn't be encouraged to be straight edge and make the most of out their time with it. Some will stick with it for life, but most won't. That's just a fact of life.

Im all for soberity and getting the pure message out there and trust me I do, ie online work, pettions, rally work stuff like that, even simple stuff as wearing SE clothes to brodcast the message and people ask me all the time about them and my tattoos and what it all means. But I am not violent by any means. I do not tarnish the SE message or reputation.
    then I guess I'm kind confused why you said this "Allthough I do not think I would have the same self control to not beat up a fellow SE that sold out."

xplan_Bx
    Not letting people ruin a reputation is not just fighting and being violent, but debate or disscusion which I do alot. And I agree definatley that we should encourage soberity. I encourage soberity everyday just ask all my soldiers I give them all kinds of facts on the health risks ok smoking and the stats on drinking. They hate me most of the time. And I encourage those who are serious about being SE and being that way for life. And yes we never know what might happen tommorow. But I know in my heart of hearts I will be SE for life.

xplan_Bx
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    then I guess I'm kind confused why you said this "Allthough I do not think I would have the same self control to not beat up a fellow SE that sold out."
    What I was saying is that I am not sure how situations arise and depending on how it all went down a fight might ensue. But alot of the time it doesnt. I had a good friend of mine bring all of us (SE crew) together and sit us down and told us he drank and said he was sorry and he wasnt going to be SE anymore and we all respected him for that. But he knew it was his time to leave and he did. Like you said earlier you do not know what life throws at you and sometimes a fight ensues but alot of the time it doesnt.

What I was saying is that I am not sure how situations arise and depending on how it all went down a fight might ensue. But alot of the time it doesnt. I had a good friend of mine bring all of us (SE crew) together and sit us down and told us he drank and said he was sorry and he wasnt going to be SE anymore and we all respected him for that. But he knew it was his time to leave and he did. Like you said earlier you do not know what life throws at you and sometimes a fight ensues but alot of the time it doesnt.
    So what is actually wrong if in a few years he sits all of you down again and says that he was sorry, that he made a mistake and that straight edge is really who he is and how he wants to live is life. What is the actual harm in that? If dude is sincere, what is the problem with him being second round? What does it hurt and what does it diminish?

xplan_Bx
    Hes not welcome back. He can live a sober life and I will support him however he is not SE anymore. Many people live sober lives and are not SE. He will be one of those.

i have one simple question sense you want to dissect everyone else's views on a simple subject. and its not to be looked in to more than it is. its a simple yes/no question.

once you claimed straight edge, have you ever smoked or drank or broken edge in anyway shape or form?

i think you are taking defense in this subject do to the fact that you your self have broken your word at one point. thats the only reason that you would sit here and try to tare apart someone else views. i just dont understand. i know that this is a subject that is close to every one sence every one here at one point or another made a pact with themselves about the sobriety of their life.
    Raise your fist in the air, DRUG FREE!

xplan_Bx
    Are you a second chancer, is this why this hits so close to home?

Quote Originally Posted by x_dannyb_X View Post
    i have one simple question sense you want to dissect everyone else's views on a simple subject. and its not to be looked in to more than it is. its a simple yes/no question.

once you claimed straight edge, have you ever smoked or drank or broken edge in anyway shape or form?

i think you are taking defense in this subject do to the fact that you your self have broken your word at one point. thats the only reason that you would sit here and try to tare apart someone else views. i just dont understand. i know that this is a subject that is close to every one sence every one here at one point or another made a pact with themselves about the sobriety of their life.
    nope. I've been straight edge, without break since I was a kid.

Hes not welcome back. He can live a sober life and I will support him however he is not SE anymore. Many people live sober lives and are not SE. He will be one of those.
    ok, why? if he chooses to call himself straight edge again, what harm is actually done?

xplan_Bx
    No harm, but it shows thats its ok to sellout and go drink or do whatever then you can come back and everything is ok. Like I said before its not a church you cant come and go and do what you please and then ask for forgivness and all is well in the SE land. Its the point that selling out will not be tolerated.

No harm, but it shows thats its ok to sellout and go drink or do whatever then you can come back and everything is ok. Like I said before its not a church you cant come and go and do what you please and then ask for forgivness and all is well in the SE land. Its the point that selling out will not be tolerated.
    yeah, you've said that, but you haven't explained why. I'm not talking about some kid who drinks on the weekend and calls himself straight edge during the week. I'm talking about someone who was edge as a kid, sold out when they hit college and then realized that it wasn't for them and that straight edge was. Can you seriously explain to me, why that person isn't straight edge?

nope. I've been straight edge, without break since I was a kid.
    ok then you have devoted your life to living straight. you have absolutely no feelings when someone else makes a mockery of your chosen life style. its only natural to become offended by such things. you put your heart and sole in to a way of life and then someone else makes it into a joke.

what are your feelings toward people who treat your chosen life style as a joke?
    Raise your fist in the air, DRUG FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by x_dannyb_X View Post
    ok then you have devoted your life to living straight. you have absolutely no feelings when someone else makes a mockery of your chosen life style. its only natural to become offended by such things. you put your heart and sole in to a way of life and then someone else makes it into a joke.

what are your feelings toward people who treat your chosen life style as a joke?
    I don't see how it's a mockery or a joke, any more than I see other people getting divorced a mockery or a joke of my marriage. I don't see how/why I should care about it the way you two do.

Thread Information