Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your guys opinion on edge militant

Quote Originally Posted by x_dannyb_X View Post
    yeah thats like saying what you would do in a car accident. you never know what you going to don until you are put in to that position. idk i might kick some ass i might not. hmmmm
    Well if you kick someones ass for that you would be a dick.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    Well if you kick someones ass for that you would be a dick.
    im not saying i go around doing this. all im saying is i dont know what i would do.

i do know one thing. you have to fight for what you believe in. now did you know ian mckay threw a hammer at some one for blowing pot smoke in his face. i thought of that when i answered. you cant say you will always fight, or you will never fight. it depends on the entire subject. so next time have an open mind.
    Raise your fist in the air, DRUG FREE!

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    im not saying i go around doing this. all im saying is i dont know what i would do.

i do know one thing. you have to fight for what you believe in. now did you know ian mckay threw a hammer at some one for blowing pot smoke in his face. i thought of that when i answered. you cant say you will always fight, or you will never fight. it depends on the entire subject. so next time have an open mind.
    except that those are two different things.
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    except that those are two different things.
    what do you mean?

and by this im not trying to pick a fight or be miss construed in what im saying. i just dont know what you mean.

what do you mean?

and by this im not trying to pick a fight or be miss construed in what im saying. i just dont know what you mean.
    well, you're putting on the same level some dude blowing smoke into your face, wich is clearly a defiant act where your personal space gets traspassed and also most likely in ian's case it was to defy him.

what was first said was about beating up somebody who was straight edge and then started drinking or smoking or anything. nobody's doing shit to you and nobody should act against that because its nobody's call or right or duty to.

in mckaye's case, its not even related to being or not being straight edge, but just reacting at somebody who's attacking you.
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

well, you're putting on the same level some dude blowing smoke into your face, wich is clearly a defiant act where your personal space gets traspassed and also most likely in ian's case it was to defy him.

what was first said was about beating up somebody who was straight edge and then started drinking or smoking or anything. nobody's doing shit to you and nobody should act against that because its nobody's call or right or duty to.

in mckaye's case, its not even related to being or not being straight edge, but just reacting at somebody who's attacking you.
    i see your point. all im saying is it hard to believe in something so much that you devote your entire life to it and someone else just throw it away. its hard to stand by and do nothing. now, doing something is not fighting, it can be anything to having a talk to doing what im doing now and writing about it, but do something.

now the reason that became SE in the first place is to be positive. so thinking about it that way, the positive way, how would that look if im doing this to be positive and then i go and fight someone, one of the most negative things you can do.

all i meant by my original statement, which has been blown out of proportion, im leaving room for the unknown. i cant say i will or will not do any thing in this matter.

by the way, i have never debated over the subject of straight edge with someone else who is straight edge as well. thanks. its an experience. everyone has there views and im learning a ton.

i see your point. all im saying is it hard to believe in something so much that you devote your entire life to it and someone else just throw it away. its hard to stand by and do nothing. now, doing something is not fighting, it can be anything to having a talk to doing what im doing now and writing about it, but do something.

now the reason that became SE in the first place is to be positive. so thinking about it that way, the positive way, how would that look if im doing this to be positive and then i go and fight someone, one of the most negative things you can do.

all i meant by my original statement, which has been blown out of proportion, im leaving room for the unknown. i cant say i will or will not do any thing in this matter.

by the way, i have never debated over the subject of straight edge with someone else who is straight edge as well. thanks. its an experience. everyone has there views and im learning a ton.
    doing something good is good, forcing your views is bad and counterproductive.
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

doing something good is good, forcing your views is bad and counterproductive.
    dude. this is the understatement of the year. im am right outside of Baghdad right now and i know this all too well.

xplan_Bx
    Noone said anything about forcing views on anyone and yes we do no this all too well right now! However Ill be damned if I sit back and let people make a mokery out of SE.

Quote Originally Posted by xplan_Bx View Post
    Noone said anything about forcing views on anyone and yes we do no this all too well right now! However Ill be damned if I sit back and let people make a mokery out of SE.
    you just contradicted yourself.

xplan_Bx
    Contradicted how? There is a difference between forcing views and allowing people to smear or ruin a reputation or take this as a big old joke.

Contradicted how? There is a difference between forcing views and allowing people to smear or ruin a reputation or take this as a big old joke.
    if you're not forcing your views, what are you doing?

xplan_Bx
    Im not forcing anyone to be SE or take my point of view no,( I actually discourage it most of the time, to keep half asses and posers away) but when you take my point of view and make a mockery out of it then I am obligated to do something. This is loyalty I am true to SE.

Im not forcing anyone to be SE or take my point of view no,( I actually discourage it most of the time, to keep half asses and posers away) but when you take my point of view and make a mockery out of it then I am obligated to do something. This is loyalty I am true to SE.
    And you're forcing your viewpoint on someone else. You keep making contradictory statements. Either it's their business or it's yours. If it's yours, why is it yours? I personally think that attitudes like yours do way more damage to straight edge than second rounders and sellouts. It reinforces negative stereotypes and leads people to believe that straight edge is a violent/militant thing, and it really isn't. What do you actually gain in this scenario? What actually changes? Do you even think there are any negative repercussions for this?

xplan_Bx
    Where have I said any any post that I am forcing views on anyone? I have said I actually discourage it most of the time. I am not militant by any means. I do not beat up random Joe for smoking or not being SE. The only time I have a problem is when people jump on the SE band wagon or cause it is cool this school year or what have you. The only times I have been in fights for being SE is when it was started by others because I was SE and they did not like that.

Thread Information