Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Whats your guys opinion on edge militant

Quote Originally Posted by x_dannyb_X View Post
    i agree. i thought this was an awesome site where you could discuss different views of SE but that was until the owner, mr. dusty came in to the picture. i think this web site is bull shit and the admin has nothing else to do other than critic other peoples views and gets up set when you ask about his. and this is not the first time. the entire time i was on this web site i saw him harass over and over again. and i know you are reading this, i think that you dont even understand what it means to be SE. i think that you are confused and you shut down if someone asks you about this. NOW, i will not be apart of this mockery any longer. i would like to have my account removed and not contacted again any further.
    I enjoy the fact he accuses dusty of not understanding what it is to be straight edge, meanwhile he has lyrics to a throwdown song as his signature.
    Later Days

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    I'm just bummed that I never got a straight answer as to what harm was actually done before they both threw temper tantrums.

A straight answer would have been amazing!
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    so how do you feel about being a criminal whilst the drinker is perfectly law abiding and innocent? Would you beat your mother or someone elses mother or grandmother for drinking. For making their own choice in life? Are you going to beat on people for any life choice that doesn't reflect your own world view?
    what if I said I felt great beating the shit out of a 16yr old kid that I thought was my friend who is a sxe sellout and was a sell out more than once? All u people r being lil cry babies about people selling out. And proud to be straight edge. Straight edge is dying out kuz people like you are not going to make a Stand for something you belive In. If u felt so strong about edge u wud make a damn statement and not a a pasafist. Or how ever its spelled. Look even lincon had to make a statment about his ideas thinking slavary is not right which leads to the civil war! Ya a fucking war. What do u think straight edge is fighting about we r all here kuz were r drug free ok! I'm going to Stand up for what I belive in. And if u don't like it really nothing u can do to stop me.

if you felt great beating up anyone, you propably should attend a psychologist, cause then you are dangerous to society with these issues. there are many ways to stand up for what you believe in and violence is simply lack of fantasy or inovation in this matter. Lincoln maybe started a war - but to PROTECT people (and nothern economics). who are you protecting by beating up someone who sell out? what's the problem with your ego that you take someone elses actions so personally that you can't stand it and fail to maintain insight. you are the weak.. you evidently can't control your emotions to the point when you're dangerous to other people and you're making straight edge bad name.. this is not a gang, this is not something to make you look tough..
    Take the time. Don't be blind. You will find. An open mind. There's no need for you to tell me what I've done wrong. I can, can see, all this contradiction around me. I just, just want, I want to be free. Don't question my actions. I never said that I was flawless

Quote Originally Posted by xF1GHTERx View Post
    what if I said I felt great beating the shit out of a 16yr old kid that I thought was my friend who is a sxe sellout and was a sell out more than once? All u people r being lil cry babies about people selling out. And proud to be straight edge. Straight edge is dying out kuz people like you are not going to make a Stand for something you belive In. If u felt so strong about edge u wud make a damn statement and not a a pasafist. Or how ever its spelled. Look even lincon had to make a statment about his ideas thinking slavary is not right which leads to the civil war! Ya a fucking war. What do u think straight edge is fighting about we r all here kuz were r drug free ok! I'm going to Stand up for what I belive in. And if u don't like it really nothing u can do to stop me.
    All I see is a lack of education.
    Constant Work In Progress.

Straight edge is dying out kuz people like you are not going to make a Stand for something you belive In.
    Just to hop on the crazy-train with you, do you have statistics showing that ?
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

Straight edge is dying out kuz people like you are not going to make a Stand for something you belive In
    You know the biggest reason people I have encountered were down on sXe in my years being edge were because of the mindless thug reputation the scene got from people who think like you.

If a person sells out, beating them up doesn't fix that, and it doesn't bring them back, it also doesn't encourage more people to get involved (I know I wouldn't want to be a part of that kind of thing)

Perhaps beinbg the kind of person a guy can come to if he's thinking about breaking edge, someone who this person would trust to listen, and is smart enough that the words spoken wou;d be sound and true would make it so less friends would sell out?

Maybe edge could only grow stronger from support and making damn sure there's something worth sticking around for makes edge stronger and not fists and threats?

I believe in edge, and would make a stand for what I believe in. Because I believe in the straight edge cause and I believe as many "true till 21" jokes might come from the sellouts, the "sxe is just a bunch of violent kids looking for an excuse to a fight" opinion that comes from attitudes like yours is far more negative to the scene.

Plus seriously beating a kid up for selling out, what is that supposed to achieve? A load of kids who don't believe in straight edge any more still claiming so they don't get beat up? Is a scene full of people afraid to be true to themselves associating with Straight edge even though they don't believe in it really better to you and more positive than a few sell outs? I'd rather have a scene of people true to what they believe in with a few falling along the way, than a scene filled with thugs and terrified poseurs.

Quote Originally Posted by nataliefayeg View Post
    All I see is a lack of education.

Well, I wasn't going to say this earlier because I know some kids are very mature...but he's 14-years-old. Sounds like the typical extremes and misuse of information a kid goes through.

what if I said I felt great beating the shit out of a 16yr old kid that I thought was my friend who is a sxe sellout and was a sell out more than once?

Then you would be a criminal who shows no remorse for what are clearly anti social actions, how do you feel about part of the trash that society doesn't need or want? I mean seriously, how does it make you feel to to be a violent criminal? Is that cool to you?

All u people r being lil cry babies about people selling out.
    Where, and please direct me, are people crying about people selling out? I would love to see what you are actually basing this on...my guess is you just pulled that out of your ass but please, prove me wrong.

And proud to be straight edge. Straight edge is dying out kuz people like you are not going to make a Stand for something you belive In. If u felt so strong about edge u wud make a damn statement and not a a pasafist. Or how ever its spelled.
    Ok, straightedge is not dying out (again feel free to provide evidence to the contrary), and people are making a stand. People are doing it with out violence. How does violence actually make straightedge more approachable...it simply turns it into a retarded gang, beating on people with different views and just being a completely negative movement. The only statement you make by beating on people is that you are grossly intollerent of different beliefs and sickeningly violent. Oh, and its pacifist if you actually wanted to know?

Look even lincon had to make a statment about his ideas thinking slavary is not right which leads to the civil war! Ya a fucking war.
    And believe it or not lincoln wasn't a criminal for doing so but thats neither here nor there, the analogy of lincoln is wasted here as its completely redundant as its an utterly different thing altogether.

What do u think straight edge is fighting about we r all here kuz were r drug free ok! I'm going to Stand up for what I belive in. And if u don't like it really nothing u can do to stop me.
    Ummm, how is someone else decining not to be edge actualy preventing you from avoiding drugs? You stand up for what you believe in by simply being abstinant and violence is not required at all and has no place and no value toward making straightedge a stronger message. As you can probably tell by the responses you have recieved for your post you are coming off as a complete moron, i sincerely hope you can recognise this and accept that maybe violence is pointless and has no value, i hope you have the ability to actually recohgnise that you are wrong about this and simply learn from it and actually become a much better, stronger more positive person that doesn't rely upon violence to make a point or a stand. I have a terrible feeling though that you will be one of those kids that is completely blinkered to logic and will just ignore every sensible thing said to you...and again, please feel free to prove me wrong here.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

I used to be straight edge. I'm not anymore. I'll give you my address if you would like to discuss this issue in person, but I am going to assume you are a coward who just likes to talk tough on the internet. I am willing to bet money that you've never even been in a fight let alone beat somebody up.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people having different opinions and views on lifestyles. I still greatly respect the straight edge lifestyle and I have many straight edge friends, but I decided that it is not something that adhered to the way I lived my life. Does that make me a sellout? potentially, but does that warrant some little punk threatening to beat me up because I choose to live my life differently than he does? Not at all. Grow the fuck up kid.
    Later Days

What a fun read!

As for me, my Edge-bro and I have a pact. Sell out/get stomped. The likelyhood of that actually happening is slim. Very slim.

When I was younger I always thought of a militant group of Edge minded people plotting and planning terrorist like raids against the booze industry. Raids on productions areas including farms where they grow the raw ingredients. Next would be distribution centers - then finally retailers.

Another group could hunt druggies and dealers, mostly for the money and that money would go towards the friendly happy face of the movement.

I always thought it'd be badass to have an Edgeman or Edgewoman in congress - or if some of them could work their way to the top of the business or enterntainment sectors.

Then slowly it'd be OK not to booze it up/smoke etc. Then more time would pass and it'd be cool to be Straight Edge and not just to other Straight Edge kids. (I call all Edge people kids, mostly because we know how to have fun - real fun - just like kids)

-so then I grew up a little bit and realized that beating people up and stealing their money to fund political special interests wasn't really workable. Terrorism doesen't work unless you can unleash it on a massive scale and keep it going. I'm betting most of our militants would be killed or arrested within a few months.

I figured out that being a militant Edge kid isn't a good way to spread the gooie goodness. Being good, honest, noble, and true work way better. People who share the same positive attributes will come - or as in my case... maybe not.

So yeah. Thats all.

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthEdge View Post
    -so then I grew up a little bit and realized that beating people up and stealing their money to fund political special interests wasn't really workable. Terrorism doesen't work unless you can unleash it on a massive scale and keep it going. I'm betting most of our militants would be killed or arrested within a few months.
    so, if we had the means and the people to make it on a massive scale and keep it going strong... would that be okay then?
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    so, if we had the means and the people to make it on a massive scale and keep it going strong... would that be okay then?
    As far as I can tell terrorism is never ok broski. I mean... it can bring results but is it ok? No sir.

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthEdge View Post
    As far as I can tell terrorism is never ok broski. I mean... it can bring results but is it ok? No sir.
    well, by your post it seems that you desisted on that dream of raids and militant kids beating people up because it wouldnt work. not because you think terrorism is bad.
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    well, by your post it seems that you desisted on that dream of raids and militant kids beating people up because it wouldnt work. not because you think terrorism is bad.
    When you're a kid you have a long way to go.
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

Thread Information