Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: My Intro into this world.

  1. #1
    Registered User Bilfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    26

    Red face My Intro into this world.

    Hi
    Last edited by Bilfy; 12-19-2015 at 04:46 PM.

  2. #2
    Being Mean CarlaRant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,193
    Welcome Bilfy!

    WOW! I think this the most thorough intro post I've read in a while.

    It seems that wrestling has been a good influence in your life, partiuclarly with CM Punk and Walter "Killer" Kowalski.

    You also have an elegant style of writing. Are you pursuing writing at all? I feel awkward asking you this, but can you tell us a little bit more about yourself: where are you from, what kind of work do you do?

    The short version of me: vegan sxe for 14 years, nearly 15. I'm a former reporter turned teacher in Phoenix. I love roller derby, belly dancing, yoga, music, comics, Nintendo games, and cooking/baking. :)


  3. #3
    Registered User Bilfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    26
    Hi
    Last edited by Bilfy; 12-19-2015 at 04:46 PM.

  4. #4
    Registered User easy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DC area
    Posts
    465
    hey whats up man! what is your involvement in the hardcore scene?? are you familiar with the roots of straight edge that you are getting into??
    My support has no conditions, I will always have your back.

  5. #5
    Registered User Bilfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    26
    I dont really have any involvement at the time, I dont know anyone else who is straight edge, I know someone who tried being straight edge when he was in college but he later decided he couldnt do it.

    As for as sXe shows, I wouldnt mind checking one out but I havent been to alot of concerts and Im kind of shy about it I guess. I look at concerts this way, there is always someone who wants to go to the concert alot more than I do so why take their seat? I've met some non wrestling fans at wrestling events who just either make fun of wrestling, or can careless about it or isnt that passionate about it and I always think "Someone who loves wrestling should be sitting there instead of you!" but its not that big of deal thats just what I kind of think.

    As for sXe shows, the punk type music has never been my thing but I would like to embrace it alittle bit for a better understanding of the lifestyle, of the words these bands have created.

    So far, I have joined a sXe facebook group.... lol.

  6. #6
    http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilfy View Post
    I dont really have any involvement at the time, I dont know anyone else who is straight edge, I know someone who tried being straight edge when he was in college but he later decided he couldnt do it.

    As for as sXe shows, I wouldnt mind checking one out but I havent been to alot of concerts and Im kind of shy about it I guess. I look at concerts this way, there is always someone who wants to go to the concert alot more than I do so why take their seat? I've met some non wrestling fans at wrestling events who just either make fun of wrestling, or can careless about it or isnt that passionate about it and I always think "Someone who loves wrestling should be sitting there instead of you!" but its not that big of deal thats just what I kind of think.

    As for sXe shows, the punk type music has never been my thing but I would like to embrace it alittle bit for a better understanding of the lifestyle, of the words these bands have created.

    So far, I have joined a sXe facebook group.... lol.
    well, the thing is, straight edge is hardcore kids who dont do drugs and for some of us is kinda worrying that kids just come out claiming to be edge withouth really knowing what it is and what they get into. a great way to know what straight edge is, is to go to shows.

    and dont worry about the seats, hardcore shows have no seats.
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

  7. #7
    Registered User Bilfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    26
    After reading that last post rodrigo, and looking at easys post I was talking to someone I know that has straight edge friends and was straight edge for a while, I was/am still learning about it, and I have over looked somethings when reading about sxe. My interpretation of sxe was that people from all beliefs, race, sexual orientations who share the same 3 morals about drugs/sex/drinking.

    I learned that the route of this stems from the 80s with one simple song about living drug free from a punk band. Yes I did notice every sxe face wears the same clothes style, tattoos and go to shows but the way I looked at it was I can be straight edge without going to shows and wearing the style of sxe as long as I gain more knowledge of its style and past.

    You get what I'm saying?

    So now my views have changed and I now announce to you that I will no longer use straight edge as my title. I respect you guys and understand that nomatter how much similarities we have I wouldnt want to claim sxe when I shouldnt. Theres already a couple different types of sxe dont need people like me to expand the definition. I'm glad I came on here though and rodrigo I'm glad you said that without flipping out on me and being a dick.

    I do kind of feel stupid lol. Well, I did officially give up drinking on St. Patricks Day (barely drank anyway) and I will continue to live a healthy drug/drink free life, just wish I can find type of people who are just like me so I can feel like I am part of something, because thats something I want in life, just to be part of something I truly believe in.

    Thank you for reading.

  8. #8
    http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilfy View Post
    After reading that last post rodrigo, and looking at easys post I was talking to someone I know that has straight edge friends and was straight edge for a while, I was/am still learning about it, and I have over looked somethings when reading about sxe. My interpretation of sxe was that people from all beliefs, race, sexual orientations who share the same 3 morals about drugs/sex/drinking.

    I learned that the route of this stems from the 80s with one simple song about living drug free from a punk band. Yes I did notice every sxe face wears the same clothes style, tattoos and go to shows but the way I looked at it was I can be straight edge without going to shows and wearing the style of sxe as long as I gain more knowledge of its style and past.

    You get what I'm saying?

    So now my views have changed and I now announce to you that I will no longer use straight edge as my title. I respect you guys and understand that nomatter how much similarities we have I wouldnt want to claim sxe when I shouldnt. Theres already a couple different types of sxe dont need people like me to expand the definition. I'm glad I came on here though and rodrigo I'm glad you said that without flipping out on me and being a dick.

    I do kind of feel stupid lol. Well, I did officially give up drinking on St. Patricks Day (barely drank anyway) and I will continue to live a healthy drug/drink free life, just wish I can find type of people who are just like me so I can feel like I am part of something, because thats something I want in life, just to be part of something I truly believe in.

    Thank you for reading.
    you can always stick around here, you seem like a really nice guy, we dig drug free people and even if you're not into hardcore i'm sure there are lots of stuff we can all talk about. plus, you wouldnt be the first non edge kids who hangs out here! :)
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

  9. #9
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    you can always stick around here, you seem like a really nice guy, we dig drug free people and even if you're not into hardcore i'm sure there are lots of stuff we can all talk about. plus, you wouldnt be the first non edge kids who hangs out here! :)
    I agree with this completely.

  10. #10
    Registered User lo0m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilfy View Post
    After reading that last post rodrigo, and looking at easys post I was talking to someone I know that has straight edge friends and was straight edge for a while, I was/am still learning about it, and I have over looked somethings when reading about sxe. My interpretation of sxe was that people from all beliefs, race, sexual orientations who share the same 3 morals about drugs/sex/drinking.

    I learned that the route of this stems from the 80s with one simple song about living drug free from a punk band. Yes I did notice every sxe face wears the same clothes style, tattoos and go to shows but the way I looked at it was I can be straight edge without going to shows and wearing the style of sxe as long as I gain more knowledge of its style and past.

    You get what I'm saying?

    So now my views have changed and I now announce to you that I will no longer use straight edge as my title. I respect you guys and understand that nomatter how much similarities we have I wouldnt want to claim sxe when I shouldnt. Theres already a couple different types of sxe dont need people like me to expand the definition. I'm glad I came on here though and rodrigo I'm glad you said that without flipping out on me and being a dick.

    I do kind of feel stupid lol. Well, I did officially give up drinking on St. Patricks Day (barely drank anyway) and I will continue to live a healthy drug/drink free life, just wish I can find type of people who are just like me so I can feel like I am part of something, because thats something I want in life, just to be part of something I truly believe in.

    Thank you for reading.
    clean and honest.. welcome on board!
    Take the time. Don't be blind. You will find. An open mind. There's no need for you to tell me what I've done wrong. I can, can see, all this contradiction around me. I just, just want, I want to be free. Don't question my actions. I never said that I was flawless

  11. #11
    Registered User Bilfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    26
    Hey sounds good to me! I can say Im not straight edge but I can say I'm a friend to the straight edge society. lol Thanks guys and I will be sticking around.

    It feels good to be welcomed.

  12. #12
    Taxi Driver Lifestyle_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,190
    I'm sure you'll like it here. Welcome to this little piece of internet heaven !
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

    visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

  13. #13
    Registered User Bilfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    26
    I realized because my girlfriend made a joke, our friend Michelle is a vegetarian, and whenever her boyfriend has meat they cant kiss unless he brushes his teeth and stuff, which makes sense because you dont want the taste in your mouth. My girlfriend said "Looks like im going to have to brush my teeth if I want to kiss you if I am drinking" and I never thought of that but... I wish she wouldnt kiss me unless she brushed her teeth because I dont want the taste in my mouth. Is it a huge deal? If I told her that, she'd get pretty pissed and think im ridiculous because, well she likes to have drunken sex. not all the time but on special occasions when she drinks alot.

    What should I do?

  14. #14
    ..... straightXed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilfy View Post
    I realized because my girlfriend made a joke, our friend Michelle is a vegetarian, and whenever her boyfriend has meat they cant kiss unless he brushes his teeth and stuff, which makes sense because you dont want the taste in your mouth. My girlfriend said "Looks like im going to have to brush my teeth if I want to kiss you if I am drinking" and I never thought of that but... I wish she wouldnt kiss me unless she brushed her teeth because I dont want the taste in my mouth. Is it a huge deal? If I told her that, she'd get pretty pissed and think im ridiculous because, well she likes to have drunken sex. not all the time but on special occasions when she drinks alot.

    What should I do?
    Is it a big deal to you?

    Is her having alcohol breath and her drinking in general is going to be a personal issue for you?

    How you feel about it is whats important here, not how anyone here thinks about it. If it is something that bothers you then you need to address it. I could tell you that personally i would find it difficult to date someone that drinks but thats not really going to help you, i think you need to decide what to do yourself on this one dude.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

  15. #15
    Registered User Bilfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    26
    hm.. thats what I needed to hear. If she popped a mint or, 5 then I wont have a problem and Im sure we can work that out. Thanks!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •