Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45

Thread: Those who Break Edge...

  1. #31
    xplan_Bx
    Guest
    I can't support Straight Edge Bands? I do not understand what you are refering too? If they sell out do I stop listening to there old stuff when the message was SE.....not at all. Do I like non-SE bands of course. So what about the support?

  2. #32
    http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by xplan_Bx View Post
    I can't support Straight Edge Bands? I do not understand what you are refering too? If they sell out do I stop listening to there old stuff when the message was SE.....not at all. Do I like non-SE bands of course. So what about the support?
    I support SXE bands and when they stop supporting me I stop supporting them.
    well, most of the bands you named dont support anybody because they dont exist anymore
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

  3. #33
    xplan_Bx
    Guest
    So I have to stop listening to them? Because they do not exsist. They still support the scene, the music still supports the scene. The message still gets out there.

  4. #34
    http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by xplan_Bx View Post
    So I have to stop listening to them? Because they do not exsist. They still support the scene, the music still supports the scene. The message still gets out there.
    so does old bane songs and they are not a straight edge band anymore. and they still play those songs.
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

  5. #35
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by xplan_Bx View Post
    So I have to stop listening to them? Because they do not exsist. They still support the scene, the music still supports the scene. The message still gets out there.
    but they're still sellouts. So why wouldn't you stop listening to them? Why wouldn't you give them shit?

  6. #36
    xplan_Bx
    Guest
    Why wouldn't I give them shit? Do I buy there records or appereal anymore no. But Do I listen to the original music....yes. So I do not give them shit. And only the drummer is not SE.

  7. #37
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by xplan_Bx View Post
    Why wouldn't I give them shit? Do I buy there records or appereal anymore no. But Do I listen to the original music....yes. So I do not give them shit. And only the drummer is not SE.
    Why wouldn't you stop listening to the original music? It seems inconsistent to me that you're saying that it's a one time thing and you won't let people make a mockery of straight edge, but then you'll still listen to songs made by sellouts? How is this any different?

  8. #38
    xplan_Bx
    Guest
    It is a one time thing its not a revolving door. What they do now doesnt change what was cut into that record in the past. The message is still on that record. And I will listen to it. And I will like it.

  9. #39
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by xplan_Bx View Post
    It is a one time thing its not a revolving door. What they do now doesnt change what was cut into that record in the past. The message is still on that record. And I will listen to it. And I will like it.
    Except that a bunch of those dudes are second rounders now. And some of the time, were second round when those songs were recorded. Why aren't they making a mockery of things? Why are you saying you're completely against sellouts, but giving this a pass because you like the tunes?

  10. #40
    xplan_Bx
    Guest
    I do not know the deep SE history of all the bands I listen too. Would I like to yes. So if I contradict myself because I am unfamliar with the past of some of the bands I listen too then I am guilty.

  11. #41
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by xplan_Bx View Post
    I do not know the deep SE history of all the bands I listen too. Would I like to yes. So if I contradict myself because I am unfamliar with the past of some of the bands I listen too then I am guilty.
    there pretty much has never been a band that has ever existed where all of the members are still straight edge.

  12. #42
    xplan_Bx
    Guest
    And your point is..........

  13. #43
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by xplan_Bx View Post
    And your point is..........
    that you need to start burning your records and breaking your cds.

  14. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by xBOBOx View Post
    I know I am the new guy, but I thought I would throw this out there cause it has been a big discussion between my edge friends and I. Those who break: can they reclaim and if so why? I know Edge is not a fashion statement or just words...but do people have the right to reclaim without harassment? Or is this a juvenile thought in the sense that it shouldn't matter whether or not you break and reclaim...it's the fact that you choose that lifestyle and do your best to maintain regardless if you make a mistake every now and then. My personal view is that once you claim it...you never go back. Some say that if you claim and break...you never were in the first place. Just a thought. I have had people argue that you can reclaim. I am new to this community, but I wanted to contribute. This probably has been discussed already somewhere so I apologize if this is old news.
    if you be my body guard
    I will be your long lost pal

    this is what paul simon said and he wa a fucking G

  15. #45
    Registered User XDISENGAGEX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lancashire. UK
    Posts
    46
    Ive never sold out. Always stayed true. And always will. It pisses me off when bands claim they will be edge for life and then arnt. Chain of strength being the worst !!!(but were they ever really edge in the first place !) Remember Erba out of Face Value? That shit he said. We are never gonna sell out. We are never gonna change? But this shit is just human nature. I still love Chain of strength and still love old Face Value. Still love all those edge bands that sold out. Cos, the music still remains. Its whats going on in your head that counts the most. Stay true to yourself.......and thats all you can do. I love AC DC. But they aint edge. Music is music. How many people on here who have been edge for say 6 months are still gonna be edge in 30 years? Worry about yourself first. Then start thinking about sell outs. Ive been edge 24 years. And tbh. Have never actually drunk or smoked or done drugs in my life. So I guess its easy for me to stay true till death. I don't know. Who gives a fuck what someone who bought the Chain of strength 7" when it first came out thinks anyway !!! Im old. I should shut up :)
    Straightedge before you were born !!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •