Thread: Hey

Hey

Hey what's up everybody. Been straight edge for a year and will never return to the dumbass I was. Glad to see a place where I can meet with people that have a similar standard for life and that support each other. I have a long story for why I turned edge, so if anyone is interested let me know. I'd be happy to share. I have been makin music in the Grand Rapids/Muskegon, MI metal and sXe scenes for a few years. Lookin forward to meetin you all.
    "Through thick and thin we've come this far, just to prove that this is who we are."

www.facebook.com/vicesmi

awesome nice to meet you AND i wanna hear your story!!!!!!!!
    My support has no conditions, I will always have your back.

Yes, please share!

The story goes something like this.

I had been drinking quite heavily for a few years, smokin cigs and takin/doin other stuff, and basically doing everything that sXe is opposed to. I had been dating this girl for a while, but did not have a good relationship. I drank a lot while I was with her, but there was never a problem...until I was finally diagnosed as bipolar 2 years ago. I started taking my meds and continued to drink not thinking too much about it...because clearly drinking on medication is a great idea as you will see as the story goes on. One day, while visiting my girlfriend at the time, it was suggested that we go across the road to celebrate the families good friend's son's graduation from college. The girlfriend at the time had dated one of the dudes from the family, but it apparently was too long or too serious. I am usually not one for hanging out with ex-boyfriends, but I decided I would give it up for the day and just do it. Of course there was drinking at the party, and I thought I would just chill out and drink in order to keep my mind of stuff and the situation going on around me. Well 6 hours later untold amounts of whiskey and beer had been flowing freely through my system. I was, oddly enough, fairly coherent (or at least I thought I was) at this point. I noticed the girlfriend at the time and the ex-boyfriend having a questionable interaction (or at least I thought it was). Needless to say, I began to get upset and started ranting and raving about it too her. She argued with me, but she apparently didn't understand my anger was increasing exponentially. She said something that was the last straw, and I got up, left the party, walked to my car, and turned on Acacia Strain...which isn't the happiest, sing-a-long music to listen to when your angry. As I sat in my car listening and getting even more upset, my ex-girlfriend got in the car and started talking to me. After handing out a decent verbal abuse session, I told her to get the fuck out my car and go back to her fucking house. Well she thought it would be a good idea to grab my keys before she got out, right out of the ignition. I ended up flinching towards her (or so I was told) in anger, but something within me held me back from physically lashing out. Having no way to drive, I decided to take off from her house and start walking around the outskirts of detroit listening to Changes by For The Fallen Dreams for hours. I walked, I had no idea where I was going, but I just kept walking. The alcohol and my meds finally took full effect and my ugly rage surfaced it's had. As I walked the streets, I began to see things I wanted to destroy. I started out by walking around almost started fighting with an older guy in a gas station. I had it stuck in my head that no matter what happened, shit was going down. I was prepared to fight the cops if they ever came...fight them even til I get tazed or shot. I didn't give a shit. I continued walking and started pushing over trees that were in front of people's homes that were about to be planted the next day. I started running between houses and was planning on breaking into a few until I saw a cop pass by. I decided to duck and cover for a bit, but continued to move on. I started throwing rocks at a giant business window, but it never broke. I moved on to a different business, picked up a bigger rock, and sent it through the window. I continued walking around to the back and found a trailer and proceeded to punch out a window. As I bled I continued walking and flippin out. I tried to break into a car, but was not successful. I walked towards another business and attempted to break into a car in front of someone (who may or may not have been the owner). I saw them pick up the phone and I ended up taking off because I thought they called the cops. At this point, I do not remember all that happened, but somehow I ended up finding my way back to the house and finding my girlfriend. I had turned my phone off which worried people even more because my mom, girlfriend, and therapist couldn't get a hold of me to try to talk me down. I returned to her house, came in, and fell asleep laughing as my wrist bled from the glass and after I had destroyed myself, property in town, and relationships. Two days after that...I went edge vowing never to return to that shit ever again...and I have held true since and will forever. I am now happily married to a beautiful wife and a health relationship and my life is finally on track. How I never got arrested that night will forever remind me of that one last chance I got to change my life. I took it and have never regretted it. True 'til death.
    "Through thick and thin we've come this far, just to prove that this is who we are."

www.facebook.com/vicesmi

Intense!! well I for one am happy that you have changed!! good story man!!
    My support has no conditions, I will always have your back.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

www.facebook.com/vicesmi

Thread Information