Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taste testing thread

Quote Originally Posted by Teratus View Post
    Thanks Carla I will try and get some more veg in my diet as i am trying to get in shape

I just find due to having a psysically demanding job that im usually to tired to cook a propper meal when i get home

and there are no farmers markets by me either
    I do my shopping at the local store because i have to carry it all home (not fun)
    and i try and make 30 pound last about 3 weeks
    its tough but managable if i dont eat very much per day
    Cook ahead! Spend a few hours on your day off and put the rest in the fridge a/o freezer. :D

Teratus
    I work the graveyard shift so i get the whole day to myself anyway hehe

im from Swansea

30 pound will last me a while for food
    but i only get 30 pound a week to live on as pretty much all my wages goes to pay for my bills and and flat

so if i make 30 pound of food last i can save a little money back for things like clothes and other things

truth is though i had a eating disorder a few years back so im used to eating small portions of food

so it kinda helps

as long as i eat at least one meal a day im fine :)

Quote Originally Posted by Teratus View Post
    I work the graveyard shift so i get the whole day to myself anyway hehe

im from Swansea

30 pound will last me a while for food
    but i only get 30 pound a week to live on as pretty much all my wages goes to pay for my bills and and flat

so if i make 30 pound of food last i can save a little money back for things like clothes and other things

truth is though i had a eating disorder a few years back so im used to eating small portions of food

so it kinda helps

as long as i eat at least one meal a day im fine :)
    Yeah but £30 for 3 weeks, you must be buying poor quality food. Seiously, in reference to our discussion on health, good food will be a much better way to avoid medical issues.

I have spent a fair amount of time in swansea, i'm sure there must be a farmers market near you. That said, if you are budgeting, farmers markets aren't always cheaper just get quality cheaper.

But eat better, frozen burgers will not serve you.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

We got stuck in Swansea in 2003! There was a great market there. Don't ask me where; we were just wandering. Sidenote: My husband has library card from Swansea because it was required to check our flight to Ireland on the computer.
    Last edited by CarlaRant; 05-11-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Teratus
    Ahh Carla you must mean the european market we get every now and again :)

thats pretty cool they sell different things every time they are here ^^

I think the closest farmers market to me is either the one in town which is a 1 hour walk
    or the sunday market in clydach which again is about a hour walk away

since the busses cost nearly 5 pound to go anywhere these days i walk everywhere
    so thats abit of a problem for me

Im very hungry and the worst place to come when like that....Is a food thread !!!! I am making vegan lasagna this week. Who wants some?
    Straightedge before you were born !!!

Quote Originally Posted by XDISENGAGEX View Post
    Im very hungry and the worst place to come when like that....Is a food thread !!!! I am making vegan lasagna this week. Who wants some?
    Me me me!!!

I haven't been here for awhile,so please forgive me for kind of popping in LOL. No,I just tried tofu crumbles,and I recommend it because WOW its good. Its made to look like ground meat and tastes yummy. Also,has anybody tried vegan tofu breakfast links? I'm a little skeptical but need some advice.

linsee
    We made veggie philly cheese steaks last week, they were delish. no fake meat, just veggies with mozzarella, provolone, on french bread. super yum.

Quote Originally Posted by pryncessXxX View Post
    I haven't been here for awhile,so please forgive me for kind of popping in LOL. No,I just tried tofu crumbles,and I recommend it because WOW its good. Its made to look like ground meat and tastes yummy. Also,has anybody tried vegan tofu breakfast links? I'm a little skeptical but need some advice.
    You're talking about Boca right? They're tasty. I like the patties better though.

I'm not a vegetarian/vegan. But it's been 5 days since I ate meat. I try to be healthy, and do this by eating a lot of vegetables and fruit. I should develop my cooking skills so I can deep myself into this kind of food-lifestyle because now it's really only pure fruit and vegetables (not prepared) like I said.
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaRant View Post
    Me me me!!!
    No worries. You want me to fly out with it to you, or are you gonna fly here?
    Straightedge before you were born !!!

Newest adventure: Ezekiel bread. I've had it before, but didn't think much about it. I'm now eating with with home-ground almond butter and an orange with my decaf green tea for breakfast. It's not amazing, but it's definitely good for you--with plenty of fiber and protein.

I've also tried the other flavors of "We Can't Say It's Cheese." The cheddar spread wasn't good at all, but the Mexican dip was tasty tasty! Smoked Cheese dip is the best though.

I haven't been trying too many processed veganized versions of food since I'm focusing on eating more raw and whole foods. I'm going to lose these last 10lbs dangit!

Thread Information