Thread: interview for school project

interview for school project

Hi!
    I'm working on a school project about Staight edge, and need some interviews. Is someone interested in getting interviewed?
    If you are, please contact me by mail: rotor00a@hotmail.com
    Thank you on before!
    //raful

attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raful View Post
    Hi!
    I'm working on a school project about Staight edge, and need some interviews. Is someone interested in getting interviewed?
    Thank you on before!
    //raful
    i sent you an email, even though i'd much rather you posted your questions here for everybody to see/participate in it.

Quote Originally Posted by raful View Post
    Hi!
    Thank you on before!
    //raful
    That's great, but why not just post the questions out here?

I didn't think that far, but it sounds like a great idea.
    You don’t have to answer all questions if you don’t want to, but you’ll make me happy if you do :P
    Here's my questions (I might post follow-up questions later):

How would you describe Straight edge?

I’ve read that hardcore is a big part of Straight edge, but how many members of Straight edge listens to it?

Do the hardcore have an important role in Straight edge, or is it just something you listen to for fun?

When did you become a member of Straight edge?

Why did you become a member?

Are you active in any political questions, and are they linked to straight edge?

I’ve read that the most important thing in Straight edge is to avoid drugs, alcohol and stuff like that, but does Straight edge help you do so?

If I would like to join Straight edge, how do I do (I live in Sweden if that matters)?

Are there any rumors about Straight edge, and what do you think about them?

Is there anything else you would like to add?

attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    straight edge is a movement within the hardcore scene, abstaining from all recreational drug usage.

I’ve read that hardcore is a big part of Straight edge, but how many members of Straight edge listens to it?
    Straight edge was born from the hardcore scene, it's really closely tied to the music, given it's history. people who don't listen to hardcore and live a drug free lifestyle are simply not sxe.

Do the hardcore have an important role in Straight edge, or is it just something you listen to for fun?
    i answered this in the previous question.

i became sxe 6 years ago.

i realized i can have fun without alcohol, and i never liked being buzzed/drunk at all, plus i never liked the taste.

Are you active in any political questions, and are they linked to straight edge?
    i'm have strong anti-communist and anti-fascist/anti-racist views. sxe is an anti-racist movement, just like the hardcore scene itself.

I’ve read that the most important thing in Straight edge is to avoid drugs, alcohol and stuff like that, but does Straight edge help you do so?
    at first it really helped because the music spoke to me, i realized that people felt the same way as i did, not wanting to drink and just had the similar beliefs vocalized in the songs.
    by now, being sxe is so part of my being, that it's totally natural, i never had any temptation.

If I would like to join Straight edge, how do I do (I live in Sweden if that matters)?
    you just become straight edge by becoming drug free, and supporting the hardcore scene.

the worst rumour is that it's a violent movement. also there are some small neo-nazi groups who call themselves straight edge but they are completely idiotic, seeing how anti-racist sxe was from the very beginning. they might shed a bad light on sxe though.

Thank you a lot for the replies!
    I forgot to ask you what your real name is, and I need it for the school project.
    If you don't want to say your real name, I'll use your signature instead, but it would be better to use your real name.

A group of people that believe in a positive drug free life.

I listen to hardcore but not very often. I prefer pop punk.

I just listen to it for fun mostly. Sometimes it helps with emotions and such but I rarely ever even go to shows. And I only really go to pop punk shows like New Found Glory.

The day I turned 18 when I got my straight edge tattoo. June 11th, 2009.

Because I felt like this was one of the very few positive things I could do for my life. I had always lived drug free but didn't feel like I was accepted by anyone and then I researched more about straight edge and realized it was my path. I've met a lot of great people and it's what keeps me going.

I don't think pot should be legal because I think we have enough pot heads in the world. But I mostly focus on gay rights like marriage because I think we should all be treated equally.

I've never touched touched anything in my life cause I've never had the urge so it's more like an extra boost. But it helps when I get frustrated about friends drinking habits or stupid people at parties.

Become drug free, research, make sure it's what you really want for life, find others around where you live, become part of the hardcore scene and just see what it's like. Experience is the only way you'll know if it's the right thing for you.

I've heard a lot of rumors when I go to parties such as; We're all violent and beat up people that aren't straight edge. We preach to everyone all the time. We try to convert everyone we meet. We're closed minded. There are a lot of negative rumors about straight edge and none of them are true for me or most of the straight edge people I know.

Is there anything else you would like to add?
    Straight edge isn't a fad or something to make you look cool. Straight edge is a life commitment.
    Constant Work In Progress.

Thread Information