Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    If you can't read a facial expression or a vocal tone though why do people associate one? Thats what i want to know...its like they read something nuetral and decide to apply a tone or manner which is put their only by the person reading it.
    i think when its a counterargument this kind of stuff tends to happen
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

If you can't read a facial expression or a vocal tone though why do people associate one? Thats what i want to know...its like they read something nuetral and decide to apply a tone or manner which is put their only by the person reading it.
    Well a lot of people just forget to add small things to make it take on the mood it's supposed to, such as adding ellipses or a "haha." Otherwise it can be possible to add a tone to it as long as the reader is savvy enough to pick up on it.
    Need a couple extra bucks? Visit cashlagoon. It won't make you rich by any means, but it's easy free money if you have a Paypal.

Or smilies. Dusty disabled those just to test us !!
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcKeigue View Post
    Well a lot of people just forget to add small things to make it take on the mood it's supposed to, such as adding ellipses or a "haha." Otherwise it can be possible to add a tone to it as long as the reader is savvy enough to pick up on it.
    That disregards the point of if something is written nuetrally. No haha or ellipses (which tend to be used incorrectly anyway) just neutral text that is then taken by the reader to mean something more, why people add things that aren't there is what i am referring to.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestyle_X View Post
    and it is pretty damn refreshing not having to wade through seas of senseless smilies don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    i think when its a counterargument this kind of stuff tends to happen
    It is usually attached or projected on counter arguments, but why? It just seems to become so much more personal when someone thinks differently, and makes us seem less secure about things if we respond that way i feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestyle_X View Post
    I completely forgot I did that. good job me!

It is usually attached or projected on counter arguments, but why? It just seems to become so much more personal when someone thinks differently, and makes us seem less secure about things if we respond that way i feel.
    people get defensive and sometimes read more into something than was intended because of it. Then there's times when people should get defensive because the intended tone is harsh but there's no good way to tell since for the most part it's nuanced.

and it is pretty damn refreshing not having to wade through seas of senseless smilies don't you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    Yeah this forum rocks. It's the only forum I've ever seen that doesn't have smilies. sxe.com is one of a kind !
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

people get defensive and sometimes read more into something than was intended because of it. Then there's times when people should get defensive because the intended tone is harsh but there's no good way to tell since for the most part it's nuanced.
    a guy at work today got really defensive with me because i pointed out that he was being xenophobic. He was saying bloody foreingners and generally saying he doesn't like people of different nations. I questioned him a little to see what he thought of being xenophobic and he thought it was a good thing and that it showed he had pride in being english. I pointed out that you can be proud without being hateful of other nations but he then just started getting really defensive and i ended up feeling like i was in the wrong. I'm not sure why i am saying this but i guess its because all i seem to come across is negative and ignorant thinking and i start to feel like my stance and opinion is just offensive to pretty much everyone. It pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtD View Post
    you do realize, that not everybody is like you, don't you? your undecidedness in your life doesn't mean that everybody else will think or act like you did.
    For example a friend of mine has always wanted to become a teacher, eversince he was a young boy. and he became one. he didn't change his mind about it once.
    I don't really get it what you are trying to prove with your falsed logic.

and if we go with your logic, you can't really know what you're talking about because you never tasted alcohol, and never touched everything in your life. and based on your logic, it's you, who's a poser, because it might be just another phase you go through, just like the phase when you wanted to be an interior designer. see what i mean?

so please tell me, how a 14 year old kid is a poser just because he wants to become straight edge! and who are you to assume it isn't for him?
    Thanks dude I'm a real straight edge. If he thinks im a poser it's his fault. I almost died of alcohol poisoning at a friends house I've done weed. And one of my Friends died of a drug over does that isnt me being straight edge is who I am I even have a tattoo already. So thanks guys

attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SgtD View Post
    you'll find a way to cope.

you'll find a way to cope.
    i will

Quote Originally Posted by xF1GHTERx View Post
    Thanks dude I'm a real straight edge. If he thinks im a poser it's his fault. I almost died of alcohol poisoning at a friends house I've done weed. And one of my Friends died of a drug over does that isnt me being straight edge is who I am I even have a tattoo already. So thanks guys
    i hope you'll enjoy your stay here, it's a good community. what are your favourite hardcore bands?

Thread Information