Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Boxing

  1. #1
    That Guy El Moro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    53

    Boxing

    Does anyone else here watch Boxing?
    Last edited by El Moro; 01-16-2010 at 04:12 PM.

  2. #2
    ..... straightXed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,530
    Quote Originally Posted by El Moro View Post
    Does anyone else here watch Boxing?
    yeah i watch it and cross train with a few boxers too.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

  3. #3
    That Guy El Moro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    yeah i watch it and cross train with a few boxers too.
    Cool, I'm in training myself but don't intend to pro or anything.

    What do you think of the whole Manny Pacquiao/Floyd Mayweather Jr. thing?

  4. #4
    ..... straightXed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,530
    Quote Originally Posted by El Moro View Post
    Cool, I'm in training myself but don't intend to pro or anything.

    What do you think of the whole Manny Pacquiao/Floyd Mayweather Jr. thing?
    Its all a bit ridiculous. Ducking opponents is dumb, opposing drug tests is dumb. Its all a bit playground for me so i don't really care to much about it. But thats professional boxing for you, i like the skill level but the bullshit detracts from the boxing and i dont care for bullshit. So i actually find ametuer boxing vastly enjoyable in comparison.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

  5. #5
    That Guy El Moro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    Its all a bit ridiculous. Ducking opponents is dumb, opposing drug tests is dumb. Its all a bit playground for me so i don't really care to much about it. But thats professional boxing for you, i like the skill level but the bullshit detracts from the boxing and i dont care for bullshit. So i actually find ametuer boxing vastly enjoyable in comparison.
    I don't know if you know this but Mayweather and Shane Mosley "verbaly agreed" to fight in May but Mayweather just backed out saying he wont fight for 10 mill.

    Thats major ridiculous if you ask me.

  6. #6
    ..... straightXed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,530
    Quote Originally Posted by El Moro View Post
    I don't know if you know this but Mayweather and Shane Mosley "verbaly agreed" to fight in May but Mayweather just backed out saying he wont fight for 10 mill.

    Thats major ridiculous if you ask me.
    Like i said, i don't really care too much about it, i like the sport of boxing not the nonsense that goes alongside.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

  7. #7
    Registered User MrMcKeigue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    145
    I used to box, but I have a mental condition where basically 5% of the time I go braindead and forget what's happening during tense situations. This results in me leaving myself wide open. Not great for boxing.

  8. #8
    That Guy El Moro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMcKeigue View Post
    I used to box, but I have a mental condition where basically 5% of the time I go braindead and forget what's happening during tense situations. This results in me leaving myself wide open. Not great for boxing.
    Wow, sorry to hear about that.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia.
    Posts
    6
    Yeah Buddy, Boxings where its at. I cant Box any more though. Parents wont let me.

  10. #10
    That Guy El Moro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveOh View Post
    Yeah Buddy, Boxings where its at. I cant Box any more though. Parents wont let me.
    I used to be on my schools Boxing team, but after too many people (I'm guessing the school board) complained it was too violent they took it out...

    That was a major bummer.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia.
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by El Moro View Post
    I used to be on my schools Boxing team, but after too many people (I'm guessing the school board) complained it was too violent they took it out...

    That was a major bummer.
    We cant even have Boxing/Anything That has to with Fighting MENTIONED in our school.

  12. #12
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,367
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveOh View Post
    We cant even have Boxing/Anything That has to with Fighting MENTIONED in our school.
    there's no wrestling?

  13. #13
    Registered User xearvasex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, Delaware
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by El Moro View Post
    Does anyone else here watch Boxing?
    I am a big Hopkins and Mayweather fan. With everone ells arond me being Trinidad, Pacquiao and De La Hoya. Some I have some fun times.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •