Thread: Forever friends and family

Forever friends and family

Hi my names Larz i have been following sXe/ D.A.R.E. for a quite a few years now.
    I dont preach about it, no one can make anyone do anything they dont want to, you only loose friends that way, i found just staying strong for your family and friends makes it a much better way to deal with things.
    I wouldnt want some one to try changing me, you are given one chance in life and you make of what it is yourself.
    I am very happy the way my life is running right now.

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xchainxofxstrengthx View Post
    Hi my names Larz i have been following sXe/ D.A.R.E. for a quite a few years now.
    I dont preach about it, no one can make anyone do anything they dont want to, you only loose friends that way, i found just staying strong for your family and friends makes it a much better way to deal with things.
    I wouldnt want some one to try changing me, you are given one chance in life and you make of what it is yourself.
    hello there!
    hope you feel welcome and have a good time posting
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

Thanks for the welcome xo
    xXx

Hello larz, welcome. what is your connection with d.a.r.e?
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Talking

Well i guess while i was living in the states Florida off and on for 5years.
    Started when i picked up a T.shirt and my friend had but never wore, he got it through his school and told me about what it was all about.
    I liked the idea (this was before i knew about sXe) he said i could keep it, i still have it, its worn and tatty but i love it and wear it to bed.
    Anyway i never really came sXe untill the last year i spent there, as i said before mainly because of my digestive system.
    But thats the connection to D.A.R.E. and its funny how not many people know about it, even when i visited Toronto just a month ago. I got stopped at the airport and questioned a hundred times, why, when, what etc....for an hour and half through various people.
    When i thought i was ok to go, after picking up my luggage they sent me to another part where they proceeded to take all my belongings out of my case and search it thourally, i asked what do you think i am hiding drugs or something?
    I said do you know what D.A.R.E. means and showed them my sweater that has it across it?
    They didnt, she asked me what does it mean, i explained and she said so NO DRINK NO DRUGS NO ALCHOLE....yes i dont do any of those things, i would be more worried that someone would be planting stuff in my case to get me in trouble.
    After that she said ok put your clothes back in the case and you can leave. But still being pissy about it. The guard with her said, do you ride BMX, i said yes i do, he said yea i saw your stickers on your case then started a conversation about that.
    But when i left i got no apoligey.....i seriously thought the women was going to body seach me and that i would not stand for.
    So yea thats my connection with D.A.R.E.
    I also mentioned it once to some police over here who hadnt heard about it. Sorry if i rambled on but wanted to give you the whole story...haha!
    Last edited by xchainxofxstrengthx; 12-21-2009 at 04:35 PM.
    xXx

Started when i picked up a T.shirt and my friend had but never wore, he got it through his school and told me about what it was all about.
    I liked the idea (this was before i knew about sXe) he said i could keep it, i still have it, its worn and tatty but i love it and wear it to bed.
    Anyway i never really came sXe untill the last year i spent there, as i said before mainly because of my digestive system.
    But thats the connection to D.A.R.E. and its funny how not many people know about it, even when i visited Toronto just a month ago. I got stopped at the airport and questioned a hundred times, why, when, what etc....for an hour and half through various people.
    When i thought i was ok to go, after picking up my luggage they sent me to another part where they proceeded to take all my belongings out of my case and search it throughly, i asked what do you think i am hiding drugs or something?
    I said do you know what D.A.R.E. means and showed them my sweater that has it across it?
    They didnt, she asked me what does it meean, i explained and she said so NO DRINK NO DRUGS NO ALCHOLE....yes i dont do any of those things, i would be more worried that someone would be plating stuff in my case to get me in trouble.
    After that she said ok put your clothes back in the case and you can leave. But still being pissy about it. The guard with her said, do you ride BMX, i said yes i do, he said yea i saw your stickers on your case then started a conversation about that.
    But when i left i got no apoligey.....i seriously thought the women was going to body seach me and that i would not stand for.
    I also mentioned it once to some police over here who hadnt heard about it. Sorry if i rambled on but wanted to give you the whole story...haha!
    d.a.r.e's a government thing though and not a movement?

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    d.a.r.e's a government thing though and not a movement?
    Yea true.
    Hello, like the site some great threads.
    xXx

When i thought i was ok to go, after picking up my luggage they sent me to another part where they proceeded to take all my belongings out of my case and search it throughly, i asked what do you think i am hiding drugs or something?
    They didnt, she asked me what does it meean, i explained and she said so NO DRINK NO DRUGS NO ALCHOLE....yes i dont do any of those things, i would be more worried that someone would be plating stuff in my case to get me in trouble.

as mentioned d.a.r.e is a government project, i just wondered if you were actually part of that...so i guess you don't actually have a connection to it other than the t-shirt?

Seriously though, you expected an appology for them doing their job and doing a search on passengers?

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    as mentioned d.a.r.e is a government project, i just wondered if you were actually part of that...so i guess you don't actually have a connection to it other than the t-shirt?

Seriously though, you expected an appology for them doing their job and doing a search on passengers?
    No not a part of it, but i wouldnt mind going round schools over here with the D.A.R.E. project.
    There must be something like that already in place and happening here i guess?
    Not when i was at school there wasnt.

A sorry to have delayed you in any way maybe.
    I was just questioned and moved along, i knew i was not a criminal but i felt like i was being treated as one as people on board my plane stared at me.
    I know they are doing their job, i would have to to do the same if i were in their place.
    Luck of the draw i guess that it had to be me.
    xXx

No not a part of it, but i wouldnt mind going round schools over here with the D.A.R.E. project.
    There must be something like that already in place and happening here i guess?
    Not when i was at school there wasnt.

A sorry to have delayed you in any way maybe.
    I was just questioned and moved along, i knew i was not a criminal but i felt like i was being treated as one as people on board my plane stared at me.
    I know they are doing their job, i would have to to do the same if i were in their place.
    Luck of the draw i guess that it had to be me.
    There was various local projects happening in schools here but nothing sustained.

And surely you are prepared for that kind of delay? Its not like they were at fault in anyway...if they lost your luggage or something then sure i can understand but the delay they cause is actually their job so it kinda sounds like they should be sorry for doing their job. You could even go the other way and look at it from their perspective, they may think:

why is this person (not necessarily you) getting pissed off that we have stopped them and are doing our job? Why are they not being appologetic for not preparing for this delay and putting the blame on us?

I don't know, its just the thought that bpops into my mind...does it make sense to you? What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    There was various local projects happening in schools here but nothing sustained.

And surely you are prepared for that kind of delay? Its not like they were at fault in anyway...if they lost your luggage or something then sure i can understand but the delay they cause is actually their job so it kinda sounds like they should be sorry for doing their job. You could even go the other way and look at it from their perspective, they may think:

why is this person (not necessarily you) getting pissed off that we have stopped them and are doing our job? Why are they not being appologetic for not preparing for this delay and putting the blame on us?

I don't know, its just the thought that bpops into my mind...does it make sense to you? What do you think?
    Yea sure it makes sense, guess i was just worried that i would be sent home for doing what i dont know? Nothing cause i know i was innocent, nothing to hide.
    xXx

Thread Information