Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: what you see isn't what is written

  1. #1
    Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,561

    what you see isn't what is written

    I bet this happened at least once to every one of you. You see a writing on a bigboard, or cafe name or ad headline or whatever and you read it quickly, it sounds quirky, odd and strange and you realize you have to read it again just to make sure and BAM! you realize you kinda misread it and something real funny, stupid or even perverted popped up in your mind the first time... like I've just opened General forum and had a quick look at threads' titles and I saw "superhero masturbation" and the next thought comes wtf? it used to be "superhero situation" and I took another look just to make sure... okay, it's actually "superhero situation".

    I guess my unconscious actively thinks masturbation. Whatever.

  2. #2
    Taxi Driver Lifestyle_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,191
    Wow! dude. That's weird, but I can totally find myself in that.
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

    visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

  3. #3
    Registered User Telilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontairo Canada
    Posts
    26
    I once read a sign and thought it said "free refills, 1$" and thought that isn't free at all. It didn't say free though I just misread the sign and it said something like all refills or something like that. Worst part is I kind of caught myself after I was pointing it out to someone to laugh at it, instead I looked like an idiot.

  4. #4
    linsee
    Guest
    Haha I misread things a lot like that too.

  5. #5
    Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Telilah View Post
    I once read a sign and thought it said "free refills, 1$" and thought that isn't free at all. It didn't say free though I just misread the sign and it said something like all refills or something like that. Worst part is I kind of caught myself after I was pointing it out to someone to laugh at it, instead I looked like an idiot.
    Haha yeah that happens sometimes.

  6. #6
    Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,561
    Quote Originally Posted by linsee View Post
    Haha I misread things a lot like that too.
    So share your failures to read things right with us! I think this is a really funny thing to discuss.

  7. #7
    Nervous Breakdown xSouthernEdgex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, NC USA
    Posts
    230
    I think i might like where this thread goes
    Love for the Southeast NORTH CAROLINA HARDCORE

  8. #8
    linsee
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xCrucialDudex View Post
    So share your failures to read things right with us! I think this is a really funny thing to discuss.
    Here's one about someone mishearing what I was saying:
    A dude I work with and I were discussing the show Lost, and a character on it named Lepedis (la-peed-is). We were standing on the sales floor near the bakery, and getting extra geeked out discussing the episode, we got louder and louder. Another co-worker was helping a customer and they kept looking at us really oddly, and after the customer left, the co-worker came up to us and told us we shouldn't be discussing penis' on the sales floor. Apparently it sounded like we were saying how awesome "the penis" was. So I'm sure it was awesome appropriate when they thought I said "I love the penis, I'd totally let him into my camp."

  9. #9
    Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,561
    Quote Originally Posted by linsee View Post
    Here's one about someone mishearing what I was saying:
    A dude I work with and I were discussing the show Lost, and a character on it named Lepedis (la-peed-is). We were standing on the sales floor near the bakery, and getting extra geeked out discussing the episode, we got louder and louder. Another co-worker was helping a customer and they kept looking at us really oddly, and after the customer left, the co-worker came up to us and told us we shouldn't be discussing penis' on the sales floor. Apparently it sounded like we were saying how awesome "the penis" was. So I'm sure it was awesome appropriate when they thought I said "I love the penis, I'd totally let him into my camp."
    haha this is hilarious ))

    I talked with a girl I'm seeing currently about this whole deal of misreading things and told her about my recent failure to read "superhero situation" correctly. I took it further and told her: can you imagine all those wicked cool superheroes like Batman (her favorite), Spiderman, Superman and others sitting around and jerking off? She was like ewww.. I guess she did imagine it. And I went on - And hey I bet since they're superheroes they have super strong and powerful ejaculation but none of them are as good as Hulk. Do you realize how big Hulk is and if he's about to ejaculate, man, you don't wanna stay around 'cuz he will definitely flood a city! Something along those lines. We had a great laugh! Although I was called sick and perverted she uncontrollably laughed out loud. So did I. Just imagine Hulk ejaculating... man this is epic. What color do you think his sperm is? Green or not?
    Last edited by xCrucialDudex; 12-04-2009 at 01:09 AM.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    67
    One time I was excited to read a National Geographic article on the Coast of Catalonia. Too bad it was actually about the Coast of Catalonia. Boy was I confused!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •