Thread: From Nortern Ontario (xVx)

From Nortern Ontario (xVx)

I am 18 years old, and have been edge for all of them. I didn't even realize it was called something until I grew older. It just made sense to me to be edge. I'm from cold cold Northern Ontario, and I do not listen to any edge bands. The bands that I am into include: rise against, system of a down, the academy is, death cab for cutie, stuff like that. I last bought a Flight of the Conchords CD.

Liekely to your dismay, I am not really into the hardcore scene much. I like melodic hardcore, like rise against.

"Choose either pile ons and sing alongs or spin kicks and two-step?"
    WTH does that mean?

Looking forward to posting :D
    Last edited by icebiker; 10-31-2009 at 10:40 AM. Reason: mistake hehe
    My Podcast: www.greenhearts.ca

Feedback is Appreciated!

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icebiker View Post
    I am 18 years old, and have been edge for all of them. I didn't even realize it was called something until I grew older. It just made sense to me to be edge. I'm from cold cold Northern Ontario, and I do not listen to any edge bands. The bands that I am into include: rise against, system of a down, the academy is, death cab for cutie, stuff like that. I last bought a Flight of the Conchords CD.

Liekely to your dismay, I am not really into the hardcore scene much. I like melodic hardcore, like rise against.

"Choose either pile ons and sing alongs or spin kicks and two-step?"
    WTH does that mean?

Looking forward to posting :D
    hey there! welcome!

i'd say you cant be edge for all your life, but its great that you've been drug free.
    you see, hardcore is a tight part of what straight edge is and means, just being drug free its not the same as being straight edge, but being drug free is a great thing too.
    i'm pretty sure you can find some really good hardcore bands that might appeal to your taste though, cause there are many styles of hardcore from many parts of the world, you should check out this thread http://sxe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389 for more information about some bands, i'm pretty sure you'll find something that appeals to your musical taste and maybe you can get more active in the hardcore scene!
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

haha Well I guess drugfree since birth IS a better description. I understood was sXe was when I was 17, and then embraced the idea as part of my life.

I have already looked through the thread, thanks. It's the first think I did when I got here. You see, I like a lot of music, I just didn't KNOW which bands were sXe.

Looking forward to reading and posting more :)

Feedback is Appreciated!

Timmins eh? You weren't kidding when you said northern ontario haha. Welcome!
    Later Days

Hey, a fellow canadian :)

Feedback is Appreciated!

Welcome welcome!

I had to giggle at your ignorance of pile ons and sing alongs or spin kicks and two-step--sorry. These are typical actions at a hardcore show. Which do you prefer? The posi crowd I grew up with favored sing alongs and pile-ons, something we would see at a Stretch Armstrong show, verses the "new jack"/new school dancing of spin kicks and two stepping.

Anyway, you're going to find some fun people here. Including some other veg*ns (me)and Canadians....like Mouseman.

hurrah for soad and hurrah for timmins! although i think classifying rise against as melodic hardcore is a bit wishful.. they are indeed awesome.

welcome!
    there are no angels who have more power than you do

Thread Information