Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what did you do for this Halloween to reflect that you're celebrating?

Semi-Intelligent Entity xCrucialDudex's Avatar

Talking So what did you do for this Halloween to reflect that you're celebrating?

I'm not really into this holiday but I have a friend that is so pumped for it he infected me with his passion. He and I made some changes to our В Контакте profiles today (it's a social networking web-site, much like Facebook, that is popular in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and other Russian speaking countries).

I've had this picture and status (see below) for over two month:

My status line was: Single and disease free.

Unfortunately, I didn't think of making a screenshot before I updated my profile but here's a SpeedDial thumbnail of the page before the update that remained in cache (lower left corner):

And here's the current look of my profile (I switched language to English so it would look more friendly for you guys :) ):

I did this myself, of course!

So what did you do special for this day?

linsee
    My friend that lives a good 9 hour drive away from me came into town with her family, we went went to a party in the neighborhood that she had lived in before they moved, at a friend's house. I got to take her kids trick or treating with her in an amazing area that goes all out for halloween. I have a bunch of photos, but during the party after trick or treating I got a little excited and threw my camera across the room and broke it. There was a DJ van with speakers spanning half a block. I drank apple cider and ate pumpkin squares. We sat around a fire all night telling hilarious stories and watched Halloween. No elaborate plans, but it was a really great time.

http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    me and my friends scared little kids who came to ask for candy acting as if we were drunk and pissed off
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

i taught my mother how to play poker after ditching bottle& booth service at the most 'hip' club in toronto.
    not quite festive, but satisfying in its own right.
    there are no angels who have more power than you do

Quote Originally Posted by JustEmily View Post
    i taught my mother how to play poker after ditching bottle& booth service at the most 'hip' club in toronto.
    not quite festive, but satisfying in its own right.
    What club? In my experience there are no hip clubs in toronto, haha.

And I went to a club here in Kingston with a group of friends and I dressed as Shredder. Let me tell you how hard it is to manouevre through a crowded club wearing a costume covered in spikes!
    Later Days

Played a bunch of Youth of Today, Minor Threat, Cro-Mags, and Misfits covers at a whacky halloween show in brooklyn. Pictures will be posted when i find some.
    It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us. Only us.

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    What version of Kubuntu are you using? If it is even Kubuntu?
    I'm a person just like you
    but I like to fuck some shoes
    On the sofa or in my bed
    It's better than getting head
    Tie the laces on my schlong
    'cos of a nike air max it's standing strong
    I'll even hump it till i bleed
    normal sex life i don't need

Quote Originally Posted by D1988 View Post
    What version of Kubuntu are you using? If it is even Kubuntu?
    It's Debian actually and it's KDE3 (I spent truckload of days to figure out that visual style - which I really do like - and that I have been using for a couple of years now. It's just perfect for me but sometimes I, of course, get bored by it and try to find something new to replace it but nothing so far beats this look and feel. I have a lot of nifty stuff like Yakuake (which itself is scripted to run multiple "tabs" and programs in each tab if need be), kpf plug-in you can see, etc etc. In fact, I've been pondering over writing a detailed article on how to reproduce the look and feel of my K desktop environment. Maybe someday I'll do it but I'm not sure if anyone except me needs this so I'm a little hesitant about it.)

Quote Originally Posted by mouseman004 View Post
    What club? In my experience there are no hip clubs in toronto, haha.

And I went to a club here in Kingston with a group of friends and I dressed as Shredder. Let me tell you how hard it is to manouevre through a crowded club wearing a costume covered in spikes!
    Oh man you should've posted some pictures! Do it!

Comic/cartoon characters

Clowns and the like represent whimsy, playfulness and youth, Foster said. People want to leave their serious natures behind on this holiday.

Some cartoon characters have very cultural significance and may even represent archetypal personality types (for example Bugs Bunny as a confident trickster), according to Suler. And some adults wear more sophisticated cartoons, such as anime. The psychological tone of these costumes tend to be more seductive, whimsical or mysterious.
    http://www.seattlepi.com/lifestyle/146205_costumes.html

Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xCrucialDudex View Post
    It's Debian actually and it's KDE3 (I spent truckload of days to figure out that visual style - which I really do like - and that I have been using for a couple of years now. It's just perfect for me but sometimes I, of course, get bored by it and try to find something new to replace it but nothing so far beats this look and feel. I have a lot of nifty stuff like Yakuake (which itself is scripted to run multiple "tabs" and programs in each tab if need be), kpf plug-in you can see, etc etc. In fact, I've been pondering over writing a detailed article on how to reproduce the look and feel of my K desktop environment. Maybe someday I'll do it but I'm not sure if anyone except me needs this so I'm a little hesitant about it.)
    Good stuff, it looks good man.

Debian is one dist I never spent much time using.
    I'm a person just like you
    but I like to fuck some shoes
    On the sofa or in my bed
    It's better than getting head
    Tie the laces on my schlong
    'cos of a nike air max it's standing strong
    I'll even hump it till i bleed
    normal sex life i don't need

i did nothin' actually
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

3 lame parties, then bed.

Quote Originally Posted by xCrucialDudex View Post
    Oh man you should've posted some pictures! Do it!
    Haha I will. I dont have my own camera so I am waiting on others to upload the pics. But once they do I will put them up for sure.
    Later Days

Quote Originally Posted by D1988 View Post
    Good stuff, it looks good man.

Debian is one dist I never spent much time using.
    I've been only running it for like maybe half a year. Before I've run mostly non-so-popular distros like Slackware, Source Mage, Arch Linux and some other LiveCD editions of BLIN, System Rescue CD (based on Gentoo which is awesome for doing administrative tasks), etc.

I personally don't like Debian that much although it's fairly good. Arch Linux is what I would readily switch to right this moment if I wasn't reluctant to start over again. Arch is really good and I will switch to it when the right time for this comes.

I strongly dislike *buntu family since I'm somewhat more of a Power User and I like to set up many things manually and to my liking, which often times isn't in line with *buntu maintainers' philosophies.

Thread Information