Thread: sXe among potsmokers

sXe among potsmokers

Hi.

My closest friends smoke marijuana. I often hang out with them when they smoke it. They know that I'm sXe and they never tell me to try something. When they are high they are still nice people but they get more excited about things and they would never hurt anyone.

I am sXe for my own sake and I respect them even though they do drugs. The drugs they are doing are illegal but I rather see people smoking marijuana than drinking alchohol. Leagalize ganja and fuck alchohol is my opinion.

To the question:
    Am I a hypocrite when I hang out with "junkies" and think that they are doing nothing wrong?

no, you're not.. you're true to yourself.. if i wouldn't hang out with potsmokers i would be here alone as nearly everyone around is smoking.. but be aware of the fact that long term effects of marijuana are maybe worse than those of alcohol.. been there myself..
    Take the time. Don't be blind. You will find. An open mind. There's no need for you to tell me what I've done wrong. I can, can see, all this contradiction around me. I just, just want, I want to be free. Don't question my actions. I never said that I was flawless

Quote Originally Posted by lo0m View Post
    no, you're not.. you're true to yourself.. if i wouldn't hang out with potsmokers i would be here alone as nearly everyone around is smoking.. but be aware of the fact that long term effects of marijuana are maybe worse than those of alcohol.. been there myself..
    Thank you. Personally I think that being sxe among potsmokers are stronger than being sxe among other sxers.

I did a schoolwork on marijuana this year and I found no long term effects. Do you mean physical or social?
    Straight Edge but not an asshole - Betercore

Quote Originally Posted by xRobinhoodx View Post
    Hi.

My closest friends smoke marijuana. I often hang out with them when they smoke it. They know that I'm sXe and they never tell me to try something. When they are high they are still nice people but they get more excited about things and they would never hurt anyone.

I am sXe for my own sake and I respect them even though they do drugs. The drugs they are doing are illegal but I rather see people smoking marijuana than drinking alchohol. Leagalize ganja and fuck alchohol is my opinion.

To the question:
    Am I a hypocrite when I hang out with "junkies" and think that they are doing nothing wrong?
    I'd be curious as to why you think they're doing nothing wrong but then call yourself straight edge?

xsecx: maybe because he don't participate in it and IS a sxe?

locksley: it has both but i was talking about psychical effects...
    Take the time. Don't be blind. You will find. An open mind. There's no need for you to tell me what I've done wrong. I can, can see, all this contradiction around me. I just, just want, I want to be free. Don't question my actions. I never said that I was flawless

Quote Originally Posted by lo0m View Post
    xsecx: maybe because he don't participate in it and IS a sxe?

locksley: it has both but i was talking about psychical effects...
    yeah, but part of being straight edge vs someone just being drug free is believing that drug use is wrong. It's feeling strongly about the subject. I don't see how someone can claim straight edge but then think there's nothing wrong with the use of drugs.

you're right but I suspect Robin that he didn't mean that drugs are ok but continuing a friendship with potsmokers is ok.. "I am sXe for my own sake and I respect them even though they do drugs." he wrote... if there's "even though" than it somehow presumes (??) a negative regarding drugs from his side..

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    I'd be curious as to why you think they're doing nothing wrong but then call yourself straight edge?
    Well... I think that drugs are nothing for me, but if my friends like it - fine for them! You can say I'm a very liberal sXe and since I'm an anarchist I think that people should be able to do what they want (except harming people).

I'm a vegan too. I think the meat industry is worse than drugs. Should I not hang out with meateaters?

Well... I think that drugs are nothing for me, but if my friends like it - fine for them! You can say I'm a very liberal sXe and since I'm an anarchist I think that people should be able to do what they want (except harming people).

I'm a vegan too. I think the meat industry is worse than drugs. Should I not hang out with meateaters?
    so you don't think drugs are harmful?

I'm not saying that you shouldn't hang out with people. I just think it's a weird mindset to have if you're going to call yourself straight edge. For me, I think drug and alcohol use is wrong. I think the world would be a better place without them. Now, that doesn't mean that I don't hang out with people who drink and do drugs, but it does mean that I believe that what they're doing isn't right.

so you don't think drugs are harmful?

I'm not saying that you shouldn't hang out with people. I just think it's a weird mindset to have if you're going to call yourself straight edge. For me, I think drug and alcohol use is wrong. I think the world would be a better place without them. Now, that doesn't mean that I don't hang out with people who drink and do drugs, but it does mean that I believe that what they're doing isn't right.
    Off course drugs are harmful. As I said before: I am sXe for my own sake. I'm not really trying to make other people go sXe. I'm trying to be as nonjudgeful sXe as possible and make people see that I'm a really nice people and hopefully they see me as someone they want to be (with sXe, vegan and stuff).

Off course drugs are harmful. As I said before: I am sXe for my own sake. I'm not really trying to make other people go sXe. I'm trying to be as nonjudgeful sXe as possible and make people see that I'm a really nice people and hopefully they see me as someone they want to be (with sXe, vegan and stuff).
    I'm confused then, because on the one had you say you don't want to influence people and then you say that you want to be a role model?

I'm confused then, because on the one had you say you don't want to influence people and then you say that you want to be a role model?
    I often get myself mistaken in english...

I don't want to argue and try to make people sXe that way, but I want to show people how great person you can be even if your sXe (since people are very judgemental).

I often get myself mistaken in english...

I don't want to argue and try to make people sXe that way, but I want to show people how great person you can be even if your sXe (since people are very judgemental).
    ok cool, but just keep in mind that by calling yourself straight edge, it's being judgmental. you're saying right up front how you feel about drugs and alcohol.

Thread Information