Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Dilemma, please Help.

  1. #1
    Token Canadian mouseman004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pickering/Waterloo, Ontario (Canada)
    Posts
    2,363

    Dilemma, please Help.

    I found out that Have Heart is playing a show in Toronto on Tuesday night with the carrier, shipwrecked and a couple of other bands. The problem is I work. I am considering calling in sick to work, however that would result in losing 120$ worth of wages, and then losing a 70$ bonus at the end of the summer for having never called in sick. For any of you who have seen Have Heart live.....would the show be worth it?
    Later Days

  2. #2
    http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseman004 View Post
    I found out that Have Heart is playing a show in Toronto on Tuesday night with the carrier, shipwrecked and a couple of other bands. The problem is I work. I am considering calling in sick to work, however that would result in losing 120$ worth of wages, and then losing a 70$ bonus at the end of the summer for having never called in sick. For any of you who have seen Have Heart live.....would the show be worth it?
    i'd go, but if you really need the money, then i would suggest to skip it.
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

  3. #3
    Token Canadian mouseman004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pickering/Waterloo, Ontario (Canada)
    Posts
    2,363
    Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
    i'd go, but if you really need the money, then i would suggest to skip it.
    Nope, I am not struggling for money, so that's not an issue. It is just a lot of money to pass up on, so I don't want to go if they have a mediocre live show. But if they are awesome live, ill seriously consider going.
    Later Days

  4. #4
    attilla's greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandhun SgtD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,750
    let's put it this way: is a Have Heart show worth $190 for you?
    Saw them live, wasn't into it, i thought they were sub par. i know it's probably not too much of a help, because I never liked the band, before or after seeing them.

  5. #5
    Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    3,055
    I hear they are great live.

    But do not give them your money. Fuck that band.
    I'm a person just like you
    but I like to fuck some shoes
    On the sofa or in my bed
    It's better than getting head
    Tie the laces on my schlong
    'cos of a nike air max it's standing strong
    I'll even hump it till i bleed
    normal sex life i don't need

  6. #6
    ..... straightXed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    12,530
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseman004 View Post
    I found out that Have Heart is playing a show in Toronto on Tuesday night with the carrier, shipwrecked and a couple of other bands. The problem is I work. I am considering calling in sick to work, however that would result in losing 120$ worth of wages, and then losing a 70$ bonus at the end of the summer for having never called in sick. For any of you who have seen Have Heart live.....would the show be worth it?
    i would personally not call in sick but thats me, if i was in your situation i would strive to find an alternative way to get the time off work, like swap a day or something. I enjoyed seeing have heart and all but for me to miss work and lose money i would need to be a pretty big fan of the band. Are you?
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

  7. #7
    Fate is what we make Adam Edge hwc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Mountville.PA
    Posts
    59

    Thumbs up

    Trust me skip the show,they will be back together one day.

  8. #8
    linsee
    Guest
    I wouldn't go if it meant losing out on that much money. I am meant to go see them at the beginning of September but I don't think I'm going to anymore. From what I understand lately it's like 60 dudes jumping over each other trying to sing along. I want to hear the singer, not the people attending the show. I haven't seen them play since 2005 so maybe I'm being misinformed.

  9. #9
    Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    3,055
    Do me a favour and nobody go put any money towards this band.
    I'm a person just like you
    but I like to fuck some shoes
    On the sofa or in my bed
    It's better than getting head
    Tie the laces on my schlong
    'cos of a nike air max it's standing strong
    I'll even hump it till i bleed
    normal sex life i don't need

  10. #10
    http://www.rodri-go.com/ rodrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by D1988 View Post
    Do me a favour and nobody go put any money towards this band.
    why?
    I draw and this is my siteRodri-GO!
    Tell your friends!
    Get me a job!

  11. #11
    Token Canadian mouseman004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pickering/Waterloo, Ontario (Canada)
    Posts
    2,363
    Thanks guys, I am not really willing to give up almost 200 bucks in salary for the show. It would probably be fun, but it is alot of money for a band that is not even one of my favourites.

    Dean, what is your issue with them?
    Later Days

  12. #12
    Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    3,055
    Pat Flynn fucked over a guy I know in a trade a while back and it went on for ages. I don't know if it got sorted but it was shitty and went on for a long time.

    They came to play here last month, Pat Flynn had food poisoning so there roadie did vocals. The promoter had some trouble with the venue etc, but everything still went ahead but the crowd was very small. They were talking shit on Scotland and the promoter the next day down in England to some kids apparently.

    They are a good band, but things about them piss me off.
    I'm a person just like you
    but I like to fuck some shoes
    On the sofa or in my bed
    It's better than getting head
    Tie the laces on my schlong
    'cos of a nike air max it's standing strong
    I'll even hump it till i bleed
    normal sex life i don't need

  13. #13
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by D1988 View Post
    Pat Flynn fucked over a guy I know in a trade a while back and it went on for ages. I don't know if it got sorted but it was shitty and went on for a long time.

    They came to play here last month, Pat Flynn had food poisoning so there roadie did vocals. The promoter had some trouble with the venue etc, but everything still went ahead but the crowd was very small. They were talking shit on Scotland and the promoter the next day down in England to some kids apparently.

    They are a good band, but things about them piss me off.
    other peoples trades are never things people should base their opinions of people on. most people I know who are traders have done shady shit and had shady shit done to them.

    and dude, if you're a touring band and a turnout is low, they're going to shit talk.

  14. #14
    Im A Person Just Like You but I like to fuck some shoes D1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    3,055
    Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    other peoples trades are never things people should base their opinions of people on. most people I know who are traders have done shady shit and had shady shit done to them.

    and dude, if you're a touring band and a turnout is low, they're going to shit talk.
    Regardless, fuck that band.
    I'm a person just like you
    but I like to fuck some shoes
    On the sofa or in my bed
    It's better than getting head
    Tie the laces on my schlong
    'cos of a nike air max it's standing strong
    I'll even hump it till i bleed
    normal sex life i don't need

  15. #15
    Administrator xsecx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by D1988 View Post
    Regardless, fuck that band.
    what's up grouchy?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. a dilemma, just want to see what your opinions are
    By xDOUGxDIGGLERx in forum Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-14-2004, 11:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •