Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SxE question

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyX View Post
    Me you youth crew!
    If the world was flat I'd grind the edge
    To the positive youth my heart I pledge
    X on my hand now take the oath
    To positive youth to positive growth
    To positive minds, to pure clean souls <<<< PURE CLEAN SOULS!
    These will be all my goals
    Walk with me and my crew
    There is so much shit we can do
    And we won't stop until we're through

So getting a disease from fucking a random girl, thats a clean soul?

"I'm a person just like you
    But I've got better things to do
    Than sit around and fuck my head
    Hang out with the living dead
    Snort white shit up my nose
    Pass out at the shows
    I don't even think about speed
    That's something I just don't need

I've got the straight edge"

This whole entire song he is speaking about not doing things that will fuck up your body, fuck with your mind. Please tell me how getting aids/hiv/etc. will not fuck your mind and body, and make you end up being the "living dead".

I mean you can interpret these things into "drugs, and alcohol only" but I have always, and will always interpret these songs as a healthy lifestyle, to stay focused and free of things that can hurt/kill me.
    you do realize that it's completely possible to have casual sex and not get a disease right? how many kids do you know that have sold out from sex and what would one have to do to sell out? And dude. within context, neither one of those songs are talking about sex.

My only problem here really is....how can one call themself straight edge, be so serious about something, so real, and so caring about their constant state of being, their health, and their lifestyle, but then its ok to fuck your life away, and get a disease from some dumb broad you met that night that decides to spread her legs, cause your cute....not caring who you really are?

Now that last sentence might have came off sexist, but it's not in anyway. Because not all girls are dumb broads, but I do however strongly believe if you open your legs on the 1st night of meeting someone,....do you really deserve a more respectful then that? I mean, that goes for guys too.
    it is really sexist. It's also weird how you think that's the only way that casual sex happens. That there's only sex within committed relationships and then one night stands and nothing in between.

Quote Originally Posted by xsecx View Post
    you do realize that it's completely possible to have casual sex and not get a disease right? how many kids do you know that have sold out from sex and what would one have to do to sell out? And dude. within context, neither one of those songs are talking about sex.
    I do know that is it possible to not get a disease, but it is also very possible that you can get a disease, I hope that your arguement isn't that casual sex is ok because you can possibly "not" get a disease.

it is really sexist. It's also weird how you think that's the only way that casual sex happens. That there's only sex within committed relationships and then one night stands and nothing in between.
    It is not sexist at all. It might have came off that way because I used a reference for women only, my intentions are saying the same as if some gross dumb guy chooses to pull his dick out and have sex with a girl, that is just as disgusting and wrong in my eyes. So I'm not being sexist, it works both ways.

I do know that is it possible to not get a disease, but it is also very possible that you can get a disease, I hope that your arguement isn't that casual sex is ok because you can possibly "not" get a disease.
    No my argument is that saying that it's against straight edge because it's unhealthy because you can get a disease is baseless.

how many kids do you know that have sold out from sex and what would one have to do to sell out?

It is not sexist at all. It might have came off that way because I used a reference for women only, my intentions are saying the same as if some gross dumb guy chooses to pull his dick out and have sex with a girl, that is just as disgusting and wrong in my eyes. So I'm not being sexist, it works both ways.
    calling women broads is sexist. Why do you just respond to one part of a post but then ignore the rest of them?

I just think that you should at least know the person, for fucks sakes be in a relationship with someone. I don't get how someone can live such a positive drug free lifestyle, but have no problem having sex with a random person RISKING the possibilities of getting diseases. It's a contradiction to me.

calling women broads is sexist. Why do you just respond to one part of a post but then ignore the rest of them?
    I'm not calling 'women' broads. I'm calling 'women who choose to open their legs for a one stand' ...broads. Just as I would call that same guy who is choosing to participate in the same act, a disgusting asshole who has no respect for women.

And to what part of this post am I not responding to?

No my argument is that saying that it's against straight edge because it's unhealthy because you can get a disease is baseless.

how many kids do you know that have sold out from sex and what would one have to do to sell out?
    I'm not saying one is to "sellout" from it, I'm just saying it seems to contradict the idea of what straight edge is.

I just think that you should at least know the person, for fucks sakes be in a relationship with someone. I don't get how someone can live such a positive drug free lifestyle, but have no problem having sex with a random person RISKING the possibilities of getting diseases. It's a contradiction to me.
    You're talking about something as binary when it isn't. that it's either fucking someone you don't know or someone you're in a relationship with. That's just not how the world works. What you're talking about isn't reflected in straight edge at all. I've known a shit ton of people who are straight as fuck who had a bunch of sexual partners. I'm also pretty sure none of them have an diseases or suffered anything negative from it and there's no way in hell I'd say that they weren't straight edge because of who they decide to have sex with.

I'm not saying one is to "sellout" from it, I'm just saying it seems to contradict the idea of what straight edge is.
    so what do you call someone who drinks or takes drugs after being straight edge?

I'm not calling 'women' broads. I'm calling 'women who choose to open their legs for a one stand' ...broads. Just as I would call that same guy who is choosing to participate in the same act, a disgusting asshole who has no respect for women.

And to what part of this post am I not responding to?

Broad is an offensive term for a woman. it has nothing to do with sexual practices. Calling them whores would be sexist too.

and you did, just in a separate post.

Directly or indirectly, they are talking about living a lifestyle free of things that hurt you.

People do crack, smoke weed, drink, etc. because it feels good, its fun, its a "way out", whatever reason....

People have casual sex because it feels good, its fun,....same shit.

What is the difference?

Both run the risk of possible disease, death, etc.

At least when you are in a relationship with a person, and/or love the person, you KNOW the person, and lesson the chances of disease.

You're talking about something as binary when it isn't. that it's either fucking someone you don't know or someone you're in a relationship with. That's just not how the world works. What you're talking about isn't reflected in straight edge at all. I've known a shit ton of people who are straight as fuck who had a bunch of sexual partners. I'm also pretty sure none of them have an diseases or suffered anything negative from it and there's no way in hell I'd say that they weren't straight edge because of who they decide to have sex with.
    I'm sorry I just don't consider it ok to casually/randomly have sex with someone and then claim to live a "positive healthy lifestyle".

so what do you call someone who drinks or takes drugs after being straight edge?
    I would call them a sellout. So I guess yes, I would consider someone who has "casual sex" a sellout in my eyes.

Broad is an offensive term for a woman. it has nothing to do with sexual practices. Calling them whores would be sexist too.

and you did, just in a separate post.
    Ok, so maybe I shouldn't of used that term. I'm in no way sexist, and did not mean in it that way. I just get offended when people are slutty, it disgusts me in every way possible, to the point where I will literally call someone out on it, and/or leave the place I'm in because I can't stand to watch disgusting things, ie. hanging out and some girl comes around, or some "bro" dude comes around and starts acting slutty towards someone else.

Directly or indirectly, they are talking about living a lifestyle free of things that hurt you.

People do crack, smoke weed, drink, etc. because it feels good, its fun, its a "way out", whatever reason....

People have casual sex because it feels good, its fun,....same shit.

What is the difference?

Both run the risk of possible disease, death, etc.

At least when you are in a relationship with a person, and/or love the person, you KNOW the person, and lesson the chances of disease.
    No, they're talking about living a lifestyle free of mind altering substances. Sex doesn't fit into that world view, because of everything else, it's really clear that it's something that shouldn't be done. Sex, in your version, however is something that can be done within certain circumstances. Especially since it's very possible for you to get a disease from someone you're in a committed relationship with.

Also, if you think it's all about health and doing things that aren't risky, then why only limit it to sex? What about other risky behaviors? What about driving fast? Carrying guns? Shooting guns? Skateboarding? Jaywalking? Gambling?

Thread Information