Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breaking Edge on 18th Birthday! Your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Pilaf View Post
    I would find it passing strange for someone to choose to break Edge at 18 in my country (the USA) since the legal age of drinking is 21. (I personally feel the legal age should be 18 or less, just to break the taboo surrounding underage drinking and to remove the "cool/rebellious" image which may help save lives but that's a different topic.)
    it won't work, we have a drinking age of 18 and just get underage drinking from a younger age...12, 13, 14 is pretty standard age to start drinking here and it happens to be binge drinking also. i think 21 is a much better age.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

if you do that, i think it proofs that edge was just a phase in your life
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

visit http://www.z-spot.be/
    Z-spot Gaming community
    No Ego's, no "pwnage", just gaming

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    it won't work, we have a drinking age of 18 and just get underage drinking from a younger age...12, 13, 14 is pretty standard age to start drinking here and it happens to be binge drinking also. i think 21 is a much better age.
    Don't you think it's a little backwards that you can go to Iraq and kill people with guns as an 18 year old but you can't drink one beer legally? Don't get me wrong. I think the alcohol culture is horribly destructive to our society but that's just a strange fact of American culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilaf View Post
    Don't you think it's a little backwards that you can go to Iraq and kill people with guns as an 18 year old but you can't drink one beer legally? Don't get me wrong. I think the alcohol culture is horribly destructive to our society but that's just a strange fact of American culture.

Not really. One is a job/career choice the other is an intoxicating substance, Besides you can sign up at 16 here so you'll find its not only in american culture. I do think its backwards that when extremely dangerous drug is condoned and other less dangerous drugs aren't. I aslo do think there should be stronger enforcement of laws that pertain to underage drinking as that creates a real problem in society that concern behaviour and attitude. I think things are very slack in terms of control and lowering age limits with the things run the way they are now would only serve to encourage underage drinking from a younger age. Alcohol is problematic worldwide, but from my experience and understanding the overall attitude towards alcohol there is more positive.
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Quote Originally Posted by beave View Post
    So what do you guys think?
    Lets take my case for example, In 2 years I will be 18 and I consider that I have been sXe for hmm... lets say 6 months (well since I chose to take on the commitment properly) and can proudly say I have never be drunk. When it comes to my 18th birthday what would you think if I drank alcohol? Would you think less of me because I broke the commitment? Would you think that it is ok that I experimented with it?
    It's just a hypothetical though lol, I'd prefer to be at a gig honestly than hanging my head over the toilet lol. I just want to know your opinion about it.
    if you plan on drinking cause you turn 18, then your not edge.

I just want to say that I think people who break edge don't know what they want and are SxE for fun if you understand what I want to say :s

Be SxE is a way of life , not a choice , you are SxE because you have always think like that ! for example I'm SxE since I'm 12 ( because before I couldn't understand by myself because I (and we) was to young ) but I have discovered the word and the SxE communauty at the age of 15 and now I'm 19 and still SxE and I won't change for nothing ! if you don't believe in what you say when you talk about SxE is because you're not created for it , we don't make choice ! our life can influence our way of think of course ! we can decide to say stop to alchol or drugs sure ! and being SxE after but I think if we are SxE after that is another way to see SxE life , I don't know if you understand me XD

btw and for finish : excuse my english :s I try to do my best :)

Beave
    Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    Yes a lot of people I know at school have been getting smashed since they were 13. Its pretty pointless really, at school unfortunately there is a positive attitude by a lot of people where drugs are concerned because it is seen as the normal thing to do.

Thread Information