Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: buddys that break edge :(

the real xJONx
    ny but i wanna move to ohio... my family lives there

buddys that break edge :(

yo my buddy broke edge recently and he is claiming drug free even tho he doesnt get that alcohol i a drug. i told him that alcohol is a drug but he refuses to say he isnt drug free> he says he regrets breaking edge and now despite what ive told him he thinks he is gonna....key word thinks, he is gonna claim edge again.
    now i know that once you break edge you are out for the count there isnt i am gonna break it for a day then claim it again but he thinks he can. what should i do and or say to the kid to let him no he isnt drug free and that he isnt nor ever will be edge again.
    [Make your claims, it's all the same.
    Big mouth, no heart.
    My hate for you just fucking grows.
    In and out of every trends.
    Never backed the things you said.
    The loudest are the first to go, so fucking go.]

Quote Originally Posted by newblood_newlifejw View Post
    yo my buddy broke edge recently and he is claiming drug free even tho he doesnt get that alcohol i a drug. i told him that alcohol is a drug but he refuses to say he isnt drug free> he says he regrets breaking edge and now despite what ive told him he thinks he is gonna....key word thinks, he is gonna claim edge again.
    now i know that once you break edge you are out for the count there isnt i am gonna break it for a day then claim it again but he thinks he can. what should i do and or say to the kid to let him no he isnt drug free and that he isnt nor ever will be edge again.

So why exactly can't someone who fucks up, who realises their mistake, learns from their mistake, then reclaim edge? I am genuinely interested as to why?
    Others walk the bow, I walk the string

Quote Originally Posted by straightXed View Post
    So why exactly can't someone who fucks up, who realises their mistake, learns from their mistake, then reclaim edge? I am genuinely interested as to why?
    hopefully they ARE genuine.
    My support has no conditions, I will always have your back.

the real xJONx
    well to me Edge is something ment to be pure but that kid broke it therefore soiling its pure meaning. edge breakers to me are the reason that alot of people dont take edge seriouslly.
    Big mouth, no heart.

well to me Edge is something ment to be pure but that kid broke it therefore soiling its pure meaning. edge breakers to me are the reason that alot of people dont take edge seriouslly.
    That doesnt really explain why someone who made a mistake can't genuinely realise that they made a mistake and claim edge. I mean how is it no longer "pure" in its meaning? He fucked up but straightedge still means the same, it hasn't changed meaning because of his mistake.

You say edge breakers are the reason people don't take edge seriously but yet if some kid fucks up and realises that he really does want to take it seriously you are prepared to deny them that oppertunity?

Some of the most influentual people in hardcore broke edge but their influence remains strong and that influence helps a lot of people see it very seriously. Sure, people chopping and changing every five minutes would be ridiculous but i don't buy the idea that straightedge is a one time deal and if you for whatever reason fuck up you can't pick it up again. I guess i am still struggling to see as to why you think it should be that way?

linsee
    I think a lot of people don't take edge seriously because they see guys acting like they're in some elite gang, but that's just me.

I know a guy that claimed edge 10 years ago, later broke, and 6 years later is back to being edge, and I find nothing wrong with that.

the real xJONx
    but thats the thing the kid isnt being genuin about shit. and i think anyone who ever broke edge wasnt genuine enough to begin with. the thing is whenever someone claims edge and gets edge tats ppeople who arent edge well most people take it as a joke....y? because of edge breakers.

to me straight edge is a comitment and when you break that you were nver comitted enough and i am not gonna lie i dont beleive in second chances. the kid broke it and i refuse to let that kid even think to claim it again.

the kid is in and outta trends, not to mention he contimplated drinking again if he didnt reclaim edge so therfore he isnt genuine and i guess i could learn to give people a second chance its just all the edge breakers i know arent and never were genuine >:(
    Big mouth, no heart.

but thats the thing the kid isnt being genuin about shit. and i think anyone who ever broke edge wasnt genuine enough to begin with. the thing is whenever someone claims edge and gets edge tats ppeople who arent edge well most people take it as a joke....y? because of edge breakers.
    see i think thats just bullshit, i think you can be completely genuine and be edge for years, be full of integrity the whole time but people are always subject to change and take different paths in life. It could be the right path or the wrong path but it doesn't stop them being genuine. I don't know about your friend but i think its pretty myopic to say someone who breaks edge can't be genuine about claiming it in the first place...thats just nonsense.

To be honest i have so rarely see people take peoples decision to be edge as a joke and you are basically doing the same, you are tarring everyone with the same brush, just like them.

to me straight edge is a comitment and when you break that you were nver comitted enough and i am not gonna lie i dont beleive in second chances. the kid broke it and i refuse to let that kid even think to claim it again.
    Well its a good job its not up to you then really isn't it. Yeah it is a commitment but people make choices and grow and change. People make mistakes, and you can make mistakes too, would you like to never be given a second chance for anything you ever do or be written off because of a mistake you made? The point is that he may not of been fully committed before but its very possible for a mistake to inspire very high committment in someone. I suppose you have never broke a committment yourself? I suppose if you were married and weren't happy you would continue to honor your committment regardless? Or would divorce but never marry again if if you found your perfect partner? Are second chances really such a hardship for you? And i'm not talking with regards to the kid you mentioned but to someone in general who has made a mistake and now has serious dedication to straightedge. Sure third and forth chances are probably a bit much but giving someone no room for messing up and no second chance at all...i simply disagree with that and you aren't giving me any reason to agree with you other than you don't believe in second chances.

the kid is in and outta trends, not to mention he contimplated drinking again if he didnt reclaim edge so therfore he isnt genuine and i guess i could learn to give people a second chance its just all the edge breakers i know arent and never were genuine >:(
    Yeah but i'm not really bothered about the kid you know, i am bothered by the sweeping statement you make to treat everyone based on the actions of this kid. It seems ignorant to me, which is why i am pointing out that someone could very easily have broken edge but end up more genuine than you or i. I just feel you shouldn't close of avenues like that, it seems counter productive in so many ways.

linsee

I believe that if straight edge is right for someone for a chunk of their life, then so be it. I don't look down on anyone that breaks edge, but I do understand being frustrated when someone claims edge without understanding.

The people I think are a joke are the ones that are so over the top serious and judgemental, but that's just me.

I like pudding
    it's fine. as long as he doesn't do it again.
    Tears don't fall amd crash around me

straight edge stuntman xionseeker88x's Avatar
    Ok I just claimed edge like a few weeks ago and I will be the first to say it aint easy...im so use to starting my day wit a cig and smoking a pack in a day and throwing my weekends away on drugs and booze...I no longer do that but honest to god at times I get tempted it dosent make me a lesser of a edge if I feel that way and if I were to fuck up and relapse I would at least like to kno that the friends I made here would try to help me become sober instead of jus saying oh ur not real so jus stay fucked up

I like pudding
    Quote Originally Posted by xionseeker88x View Post
    Ok I just claimed edge like a few weeks ago and I will be the first to say it aint easy...im so use to starting my day wit a cig and smoking a pack in a day and throwing my weekends away on drugs and booze...I no longer do that but honest to god at times I get tempted it dosent make me a lesser of a edge if I feel that way and if I were to fuck up and relapse I would at least like to kno that the friends I made here would try to help me become sober instead of jus saying oh ur not real so jus stay fucked up
    Nah nobody here will say that. Everybody tries to help everybody even though we might not see eye to eye on everything
    Tears don't fall amd crash around me

I live by the saying "if you're not now, you never were". Just me personally, agree or disagree, but straight edge has changed my life in such positive ways, I don't take it lightly when people break edge, it just mocks what I'am in my eyes. Now I will respect somebody if they break edge, because I would rather someone not be edge, rather then be edge for the wrong reasons(ex: cause they don't want to disappoint their friends or they've been edge for so long). I believe that if you fuck up, pending on the person they could reclaim edge, but if some dumbass goes to a party and fucks up to impress some girl and then a month later says, "oh I fucked up, time to reclaim edge again", fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by xionseeker88x View Post
    I would definitely try to get you to be a sober person again if you would want help. However, I would never run after one of my friends trying to persuade them to be anything different than they want to be, but if I see a friend that obviously has a problem, yeah I'm gonna help em' out.

My thing is though, if you are still at the point that you think its possible for you to "relapse" than (now this is just my personal opinion) I wouldn't have claimed edge, yet at least. I would I guess go under the terms "drug free", and see what happens from there, and then make a strong commitment like straight edge after I kNOW I'm not gonna break.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyX View Post
    I would definitely try to get you to be a sober person again if you would want help. However, I would never run after one of my friends trying to persuade them to be anything different than they want to be, but if I see a friend that obviously has a problem, yeah I'm gonna help em' out.

My thing is though, if you are still at the point that you think its possible for you to "relapse" than (now this is just my personal opinion) I wouldn't have claimed edge, yet at least. I would I guess go under the terms "drug free", and see what happens from there, and then make a strong commitment like straight edge after I kNOW I'm not gonna break.
    if you're a recovering addict, you never know that you won't relapse. these kinds of statements are really easy to make when you're not an addict.

Thread Information